Stellaris Console Edition DD#28 - New Federation Types and Laws

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MrFreake_PDX

Lt. General
Community Ambassador
10 Badges
Feb 20, 2020
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
Hello Stellaris: Console Edition Fans,

It’s great to finally be able to talk about this, we announced Expansion Pass Four at PDXCON!

Expansion Pass Four will include Federations (coming June 17th), the Ancient Relics Story Pack (coming 2021) and the Necroids Species Pack (coming 2021). Federations will also be associated with a free update bringing Stellaris: Console Edition up to roughly the equivalent of PC 2.8.1, and will also release June 17th! This new version includes a host of bug fixes and fixes for multiplayer stability issues that we hope will address issues that the community has been experiencing since the 2.6.3 update.

Watch the trailer:

Today we’re here to talk about some of the paid features included in the Federations expansion, new Federation types and Federation laws. But first, a note about Favors:

Favors

One aspect of the free 2.8.1 “Butler” update that we didn’t cover last week was the topic of favors. This new update to Stellaris: Console Edition will allow you to call in favors owed from Federation member states to help pass laws within your Federation.

Federation Types

Federations includes four new Federation types (in addition to the Galactic Union that’s currently in the game) each Federation type has unique bonuses, proposing to form these Federation types are restricted by Ethics, Authority and civics, however anyone is allowed to accept an offer to join, regardless of ethics (providing they can normally perform diplomacy). It’s important to note that maintaining Federation cohesion and leveling the Federation will be harder in Federations with mismatched ethics.

Martial Alliance

This Federation type is focused around having a large and powerful Federation fleet. Only militarists can suggest forming this Federation type.

1 - martial alliance.png

Research Cooperative

Empires who wish to cooperate in achieving technological mastery should join together in a research cooperative. Only materialists and machine intelligences can suggest to form this Federation type.

2 - research cooperative.png

Trade League

If trade value is the focus of your empire, the Trade League is probably a very good federation for you to be a part of. The Trade League gets access to a new Trade Policy which combines the bonuses of all other trade policies. An empire needs to be a Megacorporation or have the Merchant Guilds civic in order to be able to suggest forming a trade league.

3 - trade league.png

Hegemony

This federation type is built around one strong core member. The president gets most of the bonuses, but the bonuses for the members are also quite powerful. Only authoritarian empires may suggest forming a hegemony.

4 - hegemon.png

Federation Laws

With the addition of Federations, forming a Federation becomes a lot more interesting and customizable. Federations adds new Federations laws that have various requirements with regards to centralization and Federation levels.

Succession Types

Federations includes two new succession types, one is “Random”, which at the end of the term will choose a random Federation member to become Federation President.

5 - succession types.png

The other Succession type is “Challenge”, which matches the best of each Federation country against one another, and chooses the Federation member that best completes the chosen Succession Challenge type to be Federation President.
Challenge Types:
  • Thesis Defense - The mantle of leadership must never be granted to the foolish or ignorant. Compares each member-country’s Ruler traits and Scientist traits, as well as the overall technology level of the country
  • Golden Rule - Leadership should not be based on the strength of the arm, or mind, but depth of the pocket. Victory depends on Energy Credits available and Energy Credits spent.
  • Psionic Battle - Each empire will send their most powerful psychics to face off against one another in a titanic battle that will momentarily rend the very fabric of reality. Victory is determined by the number of pops with psionic traits, the number of pops with the Telepath job, and Zro offerings.
Empires without psionic Pops cannot participate and must forfeit.
  • Arena Combat - The only reasonable way to determine who should be leading our federation is to drop the rulers of all member nations into a large arena where they must fight each other to the death. Last survivor wins. Victory depends on Ruler’s Leader and Species traits, as well as the Empire’s Ethics and Civics.
Gestalt Consciousness empires have no rulers that can participate and must forfeit.

Federations also includes two new settings for the “Strongest” Succession type:
  • Fleet - The President will be chosen from the Empire with the largest and most powerful Navy.
  • Tech - The President will be chosen from the Empire with the most advanced Technology.

Other Federation Laws

Federations also includes a myriad of other options to customize your Federation, including allowing only the Federation President to contribute to the Federation Fleet, whether to allow subjects to join the Federation, Setting vote weight to diplomatic power, deciding whether a majority or only the Federation President can decide to declare war or invite to the Federation, the President gets final say on kicking members from the Federation, as well as forcing Migration Treaties and allowing or disallowing Federation members to make separate treaties.

6 - other laws.png

7 - other laws.png

That’s it for today folks! Join us next week when we talk about other new features coming in Federations: the Juggernaut and new Megastructures. Federations and the free 2.8.1 “Butler” update will be available for Stellaris: Console Edition on June 17th for Xbox and PlayStation!

Last edited:
  • 10Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Expansion pass four looks good, though hopefully we get a sale on pass three in the next two weeks then, as unless i missed it didn't go on sale yet and these passes are too dear at €25 each, especially for those of us who bought the deluxe edition, which normally means buying all the dlc available for a particular game.

I begrudgingly buy these at €10-15 each, but again €25 is too much, the passes including four will add up to €100 at full price and i doubt it'll be the last one .

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Damn guys, you working fast. Soon you gonna be up do date with PC version of the game. Also, Federations is one of my favourite Expansions. Added some cool immersive stuff.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Since I'm incredibly closed minded and there are mechanics with Non-GCs that really irk me I can't wait to be murder bots for the 5th time and build the Juggernaut and the new Megastructures

Expansion pass four looks good, though hopefully we get a sale on pass three in the next two weeks then, as unless i missed it didn't go on sale yet and these passes are too dear at €25 each, especially for those of us who bought the deluxe edition, which normally means buying all the dlc available for a particular game.

I begrudgingly buy these at €10-15 each, but again €25 is too much, the passes including four will add up to €100 at full price and i doubt it'll be the last one .
Oh hell no, it won't be the last one.

I managed to get the Deluxe edition for £10, I thought that would give me all future DLCs.

Then came... the dark times

• 1Like
Reactions:

Personally I think it's way better than buying a Apex Legend skin for 44 dollars. No joke, their new Valkerie Character has a skin that gives her a helmet and Orange armor that costs 4400 apex coins, which is semi equivalent to $44! Based on current game dlc economy, $25 for 3 dlc packs is reasonable, especially when I found out that a host with DLC shares with players who join their multiplayer games!
I play with my brother and we only have to buy dlc once for both of us to use it. That alone merits the price in my opinion.
But regardless sales will happen and your patience will be rewarded. An energy credit saved, is an energy credit earned.
Have a good day my fellow space faring entity.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Does the galactic community gain any extra choices as well in the dlc?

I'm having a ton of fun with it so far, me and my brother pretty much own the GC together. We're fighting a war with another federation and keep putting them in breach of galactic law. Also what kind options does a Custodian have when 3.0 hits?

I'm having a ton of fun with it so far, me and my brother pretty much own the GC together. We're fighting a war with another federation and keep putting them in breach of galactic law. Also what kind options does a Custodian have when 3.0 hits?

i think you can denounce members (-25% diplomatic weight) and form a galactic council (an inner circle in the gc that have additional powers).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Personally I think it's way better than buying a Apex Legend skin for 44 dollars. No joke, their new Valkerie Character has a skin that gives her a helmet and Orange armor that costs 4400 apex coins, which is semi equivalent to $44! Based on current game dlc economy, $25 for 3 dlc packs is reasonable, especially when I found out that a host with DLC shares with players who join their multiplayer games!
I play with my brother and we only have to buy dlc once for both of us to use it. That alone merits the price in my opinion.
But regardless sales will happen and your patience will be rewarded. An energy credit saved, is an energy credit earned.
Have a good day my fellow space faring entity.
Honestly I think they should state somewhere in the game that DLC are only required for the host in MP

• 1Like
Reactions:

Look at what Paranoidsid said, but you also get level 4 and 5 of each resolution which makes things much more interesting. The Galactic Council can emergency measure resolutions which puts them immediately into the senate from the proposals list, as well as veto I think. As for 3.0, the custodian can freeze resolutions in the proposal list I'm pretty sure (so they don't go into the senate) as well as a slew of other things. Check the wiki for any further information.

• 1Like
Reactions: