Stellaris Console: Development Update February 14th

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How am I making my problem your problem?
You started by demanding they not do the update, perhaps? Or maybe it was the part where the direct evidence of us knowing this isn't good enough for you?

Last edited:
This is one of the best news I received in months.

I was browsing the net in the last 6 months waiting for this post only.

Mr. AcerParadox you (and the dev. team) made my day beautiful, and this evening back in stellaris mode with this new feeling about something big coming.

Now, you know how are those angry fan, so sorry for the very obvious next question:

WHEN???????

:)

thanks

AP

By the way, there is a BUG here that lasts a long time. In Chinese version.
When playing with friends, the game has been running for about 100 years, and problems like this. :pOP_MODIFIERS,PLANET_MODIFIERS. And so on.
But the game can still continue for a while, and then some players other than the host can't take any control at an uncertain time.Same goes for restarting the game.
I don‘t really want to encounter this when the latest dlc is released, this is frustrating when playing with friends.
Thank you very much:)

You started by demanding they not do the update, perhaps? Or maybe it was the part where the direct evidence of us knowing this isn't good enough for you?

Demanding? I don't recall ever demanding anything. I said I wouldn't be buying any more Paradox product on console if there is no option. That doesn't sound like a demand to me, but a choice I made. If I made a demand, that would surprise me, I am not like that. Maybe I worded something wrong. Would love a quote where I demanded something.

Right he may be, but he is still presenting the point badly, and is being argumentative about it.

I agree. That's why I defended his initial concern and tried to present it in a better way, as well as attempt to be something of a voice of reason.

Demanding? I don't recall ever demanding anything.

You made demands of other users, insisting that they dig up the proof you were desperate for regarding upcoming changes to the game. You may not see it that way, but with the tone and tenor of your comments and general argumentative style, it comes across as aggressive and therefore demanding. That's the perception you've given yourself by starting the argument, dragging it out and now trying to backpedal. I'm happy to leave the debate/argument/discussion/whatever as it is because I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume there's been a miscommunication but nevertheless, this thread really isn't the place for it anyway - it's been derailed long enough.

Wow, upgrading to 2.2!

now we get to experience the shit show that the PC players are constantly complaining about. But with no access to a command console nor mods to fix any of those issues

Rest In Peace Stellaris Console Edition it was fun while it lasted!

Will any of the 2.3 sector improvements be put into the new console version? I ask this because sectors are the BANE of Stellaris. The 2.3 sector updates look pretty good, although the sector updates in 2.2 are a huge improvement over what we have to give control back to the player when the AI does things "not well". So with 2.2 sector changes, I'll be satisfied, but with the 2.3 sector changes, I'll be VERY happy. It will go a long way to make the newest console update shine so bright.

Will any of the 2.3 sector improvements be put into the new console version? I ask this because sectors are the BANE of Stellaris. The 2.3 sector updates look pretty good, although the sector updates in 2.2 are a huge improvement over what we have to give control back to the player when the AI does things "not well". So with 2.2 sector changes, I'll be satisfied, but with the 2.3 sector changes, I'll be VERY happy. It will go a long way to make the newest console update shine so bright.

All jokes aside, let’s be real...

How about you try and go into the PC forums and ask them if the 2.3 sectors are any good, and if the AI is actually functional. See what they have to say about it, and you’ll see just how miserable you’ll be because of how incompetent and broken the AI is. At least the PC players actually have access to things that can some what improve this, otherwise, they all say after 2.0 or maybe earlier perhaps after 1.9? That the game completely falls apart as far as performance, bugs, broken mechanics, and self deprecating AI.

Oh yeah, let’s not forget to mention because with all the extra content, that improves nothing but instead makes everything worse. Because by the time you unlock any of it, your game will slow to such a crawl, and be riddled with so much tedious micromanage, which if you thought was bad now? Brace yourself for it being all you will ever do. But that is besides the point, onwards, your game will come to such a crawl, that you’ll become frustrated with the awful frame rates to even be able to enjoy all of the end game content. You’re foolish if you think you won’t have this problem on the console, because there are people with pc’s that have specs that are light years ahead in terms of power compared to your Xbox one and ps4, and once mid game comes around the game completely fucking falls apart and even crashes even for them, to the point 90% of them don’t even finish games they started because it becomes that unbearable lol

I wouldn’t spend a DIME on dlc until I am provided mods, or at least access to a command console so I can make up for all the game breaking bullshit that is going to come up with an upgrade to 2.2/2.3

watch, this reply will get a TON of dislikes by all the drones, and probably removed by the staff, even though you can just go look in the PC version forums and see all the same complaints I am referring to for yourself. But that is neither here nor there, because when those same people start making threads about how “broken the console version is” they’ll realize I was right, and rue the day they spent more money on dlc for what is really a broken product, with a fancy skin. Get a PC so you can actually enjoy your game and some what get your money’s worth, but still even then, not really

not trying to argue, or tell people how to spend money on entertaining themselves. Take this as you want, it doesn’t make a difference. But none the less, the truth is the truth and the consumer should be aware of what they’re about to purchase and get themselves into.

Last edited:
All jokes aside, let’s be real...

How about you try and go into the PC forums and ask them if the 2.3 sectors are any good, and if the AI is actually functional. See what they have to say about it, and you’ll see just how miserable you’ll be because of how incompetent and broken the AI is. At least the PC players actually have access to things that can some what improve this, otherwise, they all say after 2.0 or maybe earlier perhaps after 1.9? That the game completely falls apart as far as performance, bugs, broken mechanics, and self deprecating AI.

Oh yeah, let’s not forget to mention because with all the extra content, that improves nothing but instead makes everything worse. Because by the time you unlock any of it, your game will slow to such a crawl, and be riddled with so much tedious micromanage, which if you thought was bad now? Brace yourself for it being all you will ever do. But that is besides the point, onwards, your game will come to such a crawl, that you’ll become frustrated with the awful frame rates to even be able to enjoy all of the end game content. You’re foolish if you think you won’t have this problem on the console, because there are people with pc’s that have specs that are light years ahead in terms of power compared to your Xbox one and ps4, and once mid game comes around the game completely fucking falls apart and even crashes even for them, to the point 90% of them don’t even finish games they started because it becomes that unbearable lol

I wouldn’t spend a DIME on dlc until I am provided mods, or at least access to a command console so I can make up for all the game breaking bullshit that is going to come up with an upgrade to 2.2/2.3

watch, this reply will get a TON of dislikes by all the drones, and probably removed by the staff, even though you can just go look in the PC version forums and see all the same complaints I am referring to for yourself. But that is neither here nor there, because when those same people start making threads about how “broken the console version is” they’ll realize I was right, and rue the day they spent more money on dlc for what is really a broken product, with a fancy skin. Get a PC so you can actually enjoy your game and some what get your money’s worth, but still even then, not really

not trying to argue, or tell people how to spend money on entertaining themselves. Take this as you want, it doesn’t make a difference. But none the less, the truth is the truth and the consumer should be aware of what they’re about to purchase and get themselves into.
Well I'll ask here, not the PC forums. Is the AI more competent in 1.6 using tiles or 2.2 using districts ? I guess that's my point. The feature content does look amazing, every DD in 1.6 to 2.2 covers something that I noticed in the game that wasn't done well or could have been improved. For $20, I'll definitely buy it. FFS, for anyone that will be pennies to dimes per hour of play. Not much other choice if you like the game scope, not many competitors out there for their style of games (Dislike Civ series, way too generic for my taste, EU is probably the most generic that I enjoy, 400-500 years is enough). I had GalCiv3 but that was a micro nightmare. PDS has definitely got the features and usability down over the last 5 years, its just their AI since day 1 has always "lacking".

Well I'll ask here, not the PC forums. Is the AI more competent in 1.6 using tiles or 2.2 using districts ? I guess that's my point. The feature content does look amazing, every DD in 1.6 to 2.2 covers something that I noticed in the game that wasn't done well or could have been improved. For $20, I'll definitely buy it. FFS, for anyone that will be pennies to dimes per hour of play. Not much other choice if you like the game scope, not many competitors out there for their style of games (Dislike Civ series, way too generic for my taste, EU is probably the most generic that I enjoy, 400-500 years is enough). I had GalCiv3 but that was a micro nightmare. PDS has definitely got the features and usability down over the last 5 years, its just their AI since day 1 has always "lacking".

Believe me, the problems that will come with an upgrade to 2.2/2.3 are a lot more than just a “lacking” AI, like I said, you or anyone else should goto the PC forums and see what they think of the version of Stellaris we are about to be upgraded to, they’ll give you twenty paragraphs worth of what is wrong with the game and what you’ll be dealing with.

But why won’t you ask them? What? Do you think the console edition is going to magically be different and not have those exact same problems that they complain about on an almost daily basis? I don’t know about you, but that 20$ could go towards something that actually works correctly lol good luck

Believe me, the problems that will come with an upgrade to 2.2/2.3 are a lot more than just a “lacking” AI, like I said, you or anyone else should goto the PC forums and see what they think of the version of Stellaris we are about to be upgraded to, they’ll give you twenty paragraphs worth of what is wrong with the game and what you’ll be dealing with.

But why won’t you ask them? What? Do you think the console edition is going to magically be different and not have those exact same problems that they complain about on an almost daily basis? I don’t know about you, but that 20$ could go towards something that actually works correctly lol good luck
Regardless of its deficiencies, I'm certain I'll enjoy the new update more than the current 1.6 version. If it takes me 100 hours of getting bored of the new 2.2 mechanics and then I really only focus on the bad parts, it will still be worth the money.

Lol, what PDS game ever does work correctly? I think you are on the wrong website...

Regardless of its deficiencies, I'm certain I'll enjoy the new update more than the current 1.6 version. If it takes me 100 hours of getting bored of the new 2.2 mechanics and then I really only focus on the bad parts, it will still be worth the money.

Lol, what PDS game ever does work correctly? I think you are on the wrong website...

You won’t be able to enjoy the new mechanics, because by the time you unlock them all the game will come to such a crawl it won’t even be worth finishing the game you started. You think your console is going to handle the late game lag, and the rest of the game breaking bugs that come with all the new content they added without fixing anything first, when people with PC’s 30 times more powerful can’t even handle it?

You’re right though, 100% but the difference here between you, I, and them is that most console gamers have no idea, and are perhaps too ignorant to even look around the PC forum so they could know what kind of bullshit to expect from this upgrade.

And that is exactly why I am making these posts

You won’t be able to enjoy the new mechanics, because by the time you unlock them all the game will come to such a crawl it won’t even be worth finishing the game you started. You think your console is going to handle the late game lag, and the rest of the game breaking bugs that come with all the new content they added without fixing anything first, when people with PC’s 30 times more powerful can’t even handle it?

You’re right though, 100% but the difference here between you, I, and them is that most console gamers have no idea, and are perhaps too ignorant to even look around the PC forum so they could know what kind of bullshit to expect from this upgrade.

And bravely doing it, with an alias! :)

I'm not worried about the speed. I don't play with max empires even on console, but I do always play the largest console galaxy (600 IIRC). Some other thread I've read from someone who had both PC and Console versions, stated that slowest speed on PC is about equal to the fastest speed on PC, and that's fine by me.

And finally, will my +6 year old console be able to handle the lag? Probably not, but it will be a good reason to upgrade it if I really like the features of this game, like all whiny performance people should.

And bravely doing it, with an alias! :)

I'm not worried about the speed. I don't play with max empires even on console, but I do always play the largest console galaxy (600 IIRC). Some other thread I've read from someone who had both PC and Console versions, stated that slowest speed on PC is about equal to the fastest speed on PC, and that's fine by me.

And finally, will my +6 year old console be able to handle the lag? Probably not, but it will be a good reason to upgrade it if I really like the features of this game, like all whiny performance people should.

But you see, that is the thing, you should be able to play with max settings and not have these problems, that is a huge sign that 2.2 is a broken product with a bunch of bells and whistles, it’s like buying a lemon lol

Even when you upgrade it to the next generation, be it the new xbox or ps5. It still will not be powerful enough to handle how unplayable the horrible end game performance makes the game. No console regardless of generation will be as powerful as the top of the line gaming pc is, and even those STRUGGLE with the end game of this version for Stellaris.

But you see, that is the thing, you should be able to play with max settings and not have these problems, that is a huge sign that 2.2 is a broken product with a bunch of bells and whistles, it’s like buying a lemon lol

Even when you upgrade it to the next generation, be it the new xbox or ps5. It still will not be powerful enough to handle how unplayable the horrible end game performance makes the game. No console regardless of generation will be as powerful as the top of the line gaming pc is, and even those STRUGGLE with the end game of this version for Stellaris.
Not True - new content requires more use of the cpu, unless new features/mechanics smartly try to either a) make the new mechanics not only cool/enjoyable for the user but also those same mechanics make it easier for the AI to be more optimal thus require less AI difficulty and AI over-production for an equally challenging game b) a feature enhancement is actually a feature re-write which REPLACES and enhances a previous feature and it does it more efficiently. the 1.7-2.2 DDs show me features that meet all 3 of these scenarios.

And for max settings, designers simply test that the game not crash, not that its performance is "fast enough", which is a highly subjective value to say the least.

Statistically, people are upgrading their hardware after purchasing a game. Even though you or I perhaps haven't. And they know from steam and sony and microsoft, exactly what HW their customers have. The decreased performance over time from version 1.0 to 2.5 is most likely inversely matched with the statistical HW performance increase of their customer base.

I think the PC performance issues will be less a problem for console as there are only 4 to specialize the game too not a million pc types or however many there are but we will see and either way i can not wait and will play it and buy DLCs

I think the PC performance issues will be less a problem for console as there are only 4 to specialize the game too not a million pc types or however many there are but we will see and either way i can not wait and will play it and buy DLCs
Well, lots of testing on PCs for crashing, very little optimization for "different" types of PCs. A few tweaks for some problematic video chipsets and usually always written for Intel with virtually no optimization for AMD. There will be as much optimization as possible per console type, as the resources are finite and upgraded far less often than PCs (which can get partial upgrades which can make huge differences).

Actually, if you'd read the thread beforehand instead of making a show of throwing your toys out of the pram, you'd have seen that concerns about the performance have already been addressed. First by Davor on page 2 of this thread, then reiterated by me a couple of posts later, so it's not like us console players aren't aware of the salt that has been coming out of the PC community or how it may affect us when the updates come along - and you're doing a massive disservice to your fellow players by painting us as unthinking sycophants simply because console players are happy to see some kind of continued support to our version of the game. Support that has been lacking, and a long time coming, but hopefully support that will continue to be here to listen to our concerns and take them on board. And more to the point, because these concerns and more have been addressed and derailed this topic to the Nth degree, do you think that having your rant is really appropriate? You've had your five minutes in the spotlight and said your piece but this is becoming cyclical and you appear to have come to the conclusion of "Paradox bad. Stellaris broken. Console players stupid. Me better than them." If that is how you really feel then nobody is changing your mind and perhaps you should duck out of the thread. You can even take whatever moral high ground you choose after the fact if it makes you feel better, but I really think this thread should be kept clear of this kind of toxicity particularly when you have valid concerns that could and should be addressed because you do yourself a disservice as well by presenting the arguments and concerns from a place that makes you sound like a pissed-off 14 year old.