Stellaris Console: Development Update February 14th

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Aceparadox

Community Manager (Stellaris)
Jan 9, 2020
Hello dear console players!
I'm Aceparadox the new Community Manager for Stellaris!

We have now entered 2020 and as you might know, we announced at PDXCON last year that we have some exciting things coming out on Stellaris console this year. We are aware that it’s been a bit quiet on our side - but it doesn’t mean that things have been standing still in development and behind the scenes. The developers have been (and are still) working hard on new content that will be released this year and focus has been on implementing the huge changes we’re going to be making to the game.

Since it’s been a few months since our latest console update we wanted to provide a small sneak peek of our work in progress. The main challenge has been developing and implementing the new UI required to pilot the new version of the game coming to Stellaris: Console Edition.

Just to give you an idea of how comprehensive these changes will be, we are looking to upgrade or include features pertaining to the entire planetary system and associated economy, the introduction of the Galactic Market, a new fleet manager, updated shipyard view and new main title screen to name but a few.

Stellaris: Console Edition will jump straight into the 2.2 version of the game (‘Le Guin’) and thus a large set of core game features are being reworked. We will talk about these feature changes more in-depth further on, but for reference, the same gameplay changes happened to Stellaris on PC in December 2018.

The below screenshots will give you an idea of what to expect with the coming update. You’ll see some of the huge amounts of work that’s been going on adapting the UI for the new features to consoles, as well as how we’re looking at implementing some of the new features that are part of the 2.2 Le Guin Update. The features we are showing are all part of the next free update that will be available later in 2020 for all console players.

Please note the screenshots below are not final and features/implementations may change between now and the release later in 2020.

Title Screen

Menu Console.png

Planetary rework

Planetary Rework.png

Galactic Market

Market.png

Fleet Manager

Fleet Manager.png

Shipyard view

Shipyard.png

Please note that the above is still a work in progress and the screenshots might not reflect or represent the finalized product. We will provide updates moving forward as we have them, leading up to the next release later this year. Thank you for your patience and for playing the Stellaris console edition.

//Aceparadox, Community Manager Stellaris

Wow so now i see why we have been left in the dark.
All these months of work to put the Console version closer to the PC version.
So the next update will jump us all the way up to 2.2 or is that the goal for the overall year?

Will we see an update of species creation regarding multi-species civilizations such as with the syncretic evolution civic? From what I've seen from others the secondary species is currently randomly generated instead of the user being able to design them like on pc.

Awesome so glad to hear the Console Edition is still being worked on, having seen nothing but PC updates on the Stellaris Facebook page. As well as the announcement of the mobile game, left me a little worried that this game was put on the back burner for good.

Since we're jumping right to 2.2 is it safe to assume we will be getting both Apocalypse and Megacorp expansions this time around? If we won't be getting Megacorp, and if the subject of what expansions we can expect can be discussed at this time; why the jump to 2.2 and not say 2.1.2?

As my understanding of the PC version 2.2 mechanics were in preparation for the new Megacorp expansion, so is this a subtle hint that we will be getting that expansion? (Blink 10 times quickly then 15 times slowly if yes, I won't take no as an answer)

A side question I have would be can we expect any of the new mechanics being tailored to Console to work similar to PC? My biggest wonder being jump drives, will we finally get that sought after leaping ability? I do hope we do.

Oh very nice, can’t wait.
One think I really love about the console version is the UI and how clear it is compared to the PC version. Even the Icons for things look better

Since I'm new too, we can welcome each other:) welcome!
This is amazing news, I have fallen in love with stellaris and am so glad there is new content.

What approximate timeline are we looking at for content release?

Is there going to be several dlc dropped at the same time, or one by one?

Cheers

Interesting,

So presumably the goal will be to close the gap between pc release and console port.

I don't play the console version myself, but I'm glad to see those that do aren't being left out in the cold.

@Aceparadox
Wow, I am looking forward to this. Since it is still work in progress i guess there is no point in asking for an release date or something in that direction, since I guess that no one can say how much work it will take to port that on console and make it work porperly. But maybe you can tell us if there will be a new season pass or if the coming DLCs will only be available seperatly?

What makes me laugh is the people who are disagreeing. What you don’t want continues support?