Stellaris Console: Development Update February 14th

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello dear console players!
I'm Aceparadox the new Community Manager for Stellaris!

We have now entered 2020 and as you might know, we announced at PDXCON last year that we have some exciting things coming out on Stellaris console this year. We are aware that it’s been a bit quiet on our side - but it doesn’t mean that things have been standing still in development and behind the scenes. The developers have been (and are still) working hard on new content that will be released this year and focus has been on implementing the huge changes we’re going to be making to the game.

Since it’s been a few months since our latest console update we wanted to provide a small sneak peek of our work in progress. The main challenge has been developing and implementing the new UI required to pilot the new version of the game coming to Stellaris: Console Edition.

Just to give you an idea of how comprehensive these changes will be, we are looking to upgrade or include features pertaining to the entire planetary system and associated economy, the introduction of the Galactic Market, a new fleet manager, updated shipyard view and new main title screen to name but a few.

Stellaris: Console Edition will jump straight into the 2.2 version of the game (‘Le Guin’) and thus a large set of core game features are being reworked. We will talk about these feature changes more in-depth further on, but for reference, the same gameplay changes happened to Stellaris on PC in December 2018.

The below screenshots will give you an idea of what to expect with the coming update. You’ll see some of the huge amounts of work that’s been going on adapting the UI for the new features to consoles, as well as how we’re looking at implementing some of the new features that are part of the 2.2 Le Guin Update. The features we are showing are all part of the next free update that will be available later in 2020 for all console players.

Please note the screenshots below are not final and features/implementations may change between now and the release later in 2020.

Title Screen

View attachment 545235

Planetary rework

View attachment 545233

Galactic Market

View attachment 545232

Fleet Manager

View attachment 545231

Shipyard view

View attachment 545234

Please note that the above is still a work in progress and the screenshots might not reflect or represent the finalized product. We will provide updates moving forward as we have them, leading up to the next release later this year. Thank you for your patience and for playing the Stellaris console edition.

//Aceparadox, Community Manager Stellaris

REALLY REALLY NEED TO ASK 2 THINGS. That i hope get answered

1:will the map size be raised to say a 1000 star galaxy or even 1200 stars.

2:will the multiplayer cap be raised? Cause there have been instances where a freind had to sit out due to only 4 people bein allowed to play.
So the 2 kinda ask similar but diffrently.

2:will the multiplayer cap be raised? Cause there have been instances where a freind had to sit out due to only 4 people bein allowed to play.
I may sound harsh but is not my intention. Simply put: devs/mods aren't active in this subforum for whatever reasons. You're basically talking to a wall. As for your questions I can try to give you some answers but I'm not a dev so don't quote me on this: 1. Highly unlikely. Consoles simply lack the processing power to run such huge galaxy. 2. This may actually happen, because you can swap a player AI with a real player. You said 4 is the cap right? So, instead of 4 player and 6 AI, 5 player and 5 AI. Again, I'm not a game developer so I may be completely wrong.

1) increasing the map size to 1000 stars is unlikely. 1200 wont happen as the max on pc is 1000
2) It would be nice if they just generally increased the number of empires full stop

doubt it, multilayer for stellaris is peer to peer and 4 players is the usual number. they'd have to invest in servers etc..... and I don't see that happening.

who knows what could be done with the next, next gen but with what's going on i the world today, we may not see them for a while.