• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stellaris Console Dev Diary #19 - Megastructure Changes

Hello again, Stellaris: Console Edition Fans!

AC here again, here to talk to you today about some of the new things coming in the next update for Stellaris: Console Edition. This update is still a good way off, but we have a lot of changes to talk about, so we’re starting early. Today we will be talking about some changes to Ascension Perks and changes to the existing Megastructures.

Megastructure Changes

One of the overall biggest changes to Megastructures is that they all now have associated technologies that need to be researched before the megastructures can be built. Some will be unlocked with the Galactic Wonders Ascension Perk, and some can drop randomly after researching the prerequisite technologies. Apart from that fairly significant change, the output of most Megastructures has increased considerably. For instance, the final stage of the Dyson sphere will now produce +4000 energy, more accurately rewarding the time and resources invested into its construction.

1 - dyson sphere output.png

Ascension Perks

Galactic Wonders

The Galactic Wonders Ascension Perk now no longer unlocks all the Megastructures, but only the most powerful. These are unlocked as partially researched technologies, and are not ready to build instantly when the Ascension Perk is unlocked. Galactic Wonders now unlocks the Ringworld, Matter Decompressor and Dyson Sphere (providing you have the required DLCs).

2 - galactic wonders AP.png

Master Builders

Master Builders no longer unlocks mega-engineering, or adds size to habitats, but instead increases the number of megastructures that can be built simultaneously by +1. It also increases Megastructure build speed by +50%.

3 - master builders.png

Voidborne

The Voidborne ascension perk also no longer gives the ability to build habitats, but instead increases Habitat habitability by +20%, and allows the construction of an additional two districts.

4 - voidborne.png

Habitat Changes

In the current version of Console Edition, habitat districts are static, and limited in their usefulness. Habitats will now by default start with the option to build Habitation, Leisure and Trade districts (or energy districts, if you’re playing as a non-trading empire).

However, unlike in the current version, if your Habitat is built around a planetary body that contains a mineral, energy, or science deposit, your habitats will now be able to build districts associated with that deposit. For instance, habitats built around a planet that has a mineral deposit can now build an Astro-Mining bay to get those sweet, sweet minerals.

5 - habitat mining.png

This vastly increases the use-cases for habitats and makes unlocking habitats even more valuable. Habitats now also require the Star Fortress technology and have a default habitability of +70%.

Ring Worlds

Ring worlds are also changing, in an effort to reduce micromanagement and make Ringworlds feel more unique, Ringworlds now can build up to 5 unique “segments”, each powerful ringworld segment will give an abundance of jobs and housing.

6 - city ringworld.png

7 - commercial ringworld.png

8 - research ringworld.png

9 - farm ringworld.png

That’s it for today folks, join me again next week when we’ll be talking about some new additions coming in the next update.

See you then!

Attachments

• 8 - research ringworld.png
    8 - research ringworld.png
    782 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 10Like
  • 6Love
Reactions:
Well, I said we might be jumping to 2.5 but very few believed me. These changes are in 2.3 so we must be moving to 2.3 at least

No it was on 2.0.0.3 or that special edition for console

2.0.0.3 on Console is roughly equivalent to PC 2.2.7. The conventions are confusing, I'll admit. :D

Reactions:
I'm looking forward to getting more output from a Dyson Sphere so they aren't crap.

I'm not looking forward to Ring World Segments having a strategic resource upkeep. Since the pictures are based on a Non-GC I can't tell if Ring World output is being nerfed. If it is then goddammit, although it looks like they're nerfing the amount of districts but buffing the output of districts to reduce micro management, which I didn't personally have a problem with.

I'm also not looking forward to only being able to build research districts on certain habitats IF that's what they're doing. I'll likely never use the mineral districts but having them as an option is nice I guess.

I'm looking forward to getting more output from a Dyson Sphere so they aren't crap.

I'm not looking forward to Ring World Segments having a strategic resource upkeep. Since the pictures are based on a Non-GC I can't tell if Ring World output is being nerfed. If it is then goddammit, although it looks like they're nerfing the amount of districts but buffing the output of districts to reduce micro management, which I didn't personally have a problem with.

I'm also not looking forward to only being able to build research districts on certain habitats IF that's what they're doing. I'll likely never use the mineral districts but having them as an option is nice I guess.
Ring worlds aren’t nerfed. They are getting a serious buff.
A Science segment will provide 20 Researcher jobs. For 2 Gases a month. The equivalent in Labs is 2 lvl 3 labs and either one lvl 2 which would be 5 gases a month and 3 build slots for 21 jobs, or 2 lvl3 labs and 2 lvl1 labs for 4 gases a month and 4 build slots for 20 jobs. A Science segment is more efficient.

The habitat rework is making them more worthwhile, while not tying them to requiring a perk.

Reactions:
Ring worlds aren’t nerfed. They are getting a serious buff.
A Science segment will provide 20 Researcher jobs. For 2 Gases a month. The equivalent in Labs is 2 lvl 3 labs and either one lvl 2 which would be 5 gases a month and 3 build slots for 21 jobs, or 2 lvl3 labs and 2 lvl1 labs for 4 gases a month and 4 build slots for 20 jobs. A Science segment is more efficient.

The habitat rework is making them more worthwhile, while not tying them to requiring a perk.
None of what you said rebutts what I said, if you wanted to show me how much better they are, you should have used energy or food, as currently you don't need strategic resources to build those districts, so when I say "I'm not looking forward to requiring strategic resources", that is what I'm referring to.

Saying "Habitats are more worthwhile now", is very vague because you didn't answer what I said. Also, take into account (not sure if I mentioned this) I normally play as a Gestalt, which with the right setup allows you to get 8 research districts on a habitat.

Having my energy and food economy carried by ringworlds means I can dedicate my 10 normal planets to mineral production, coupled with the amount of research I'm producing when I make dozens of habitats the mineral upkeep for the research districts is literally neglible, meaning that the benefits of the habitat changes do not affect me (not requiring an ascension perk is nice but I'll likely always use it anyway so, whatever).

The worry is the idea that I won't be able to build research districts on any and every habitat, which is why I'm not excited about this potential change, they will be nerfed for me.

The problem with that is that the buffs to habitats do not by nature require the implied nerfs, it is completely out of nowhere and unnecessary. The idea that I'll only be able to build research districts around certain planets is quite disheartening, and it's completely unnecessary.

Hey guys I know it will be a long time before we are at parody with PC version if ever, but I am wonder, when will have an update where the unemployed pops are put at the top of the resettlement list, I hope we won't have to wait as long as PC player because they got it 'relatively' recently and it seems like a fix you could do a lot earlier.

Hey guys I know it will be a long time before we are at parody with PC version if ever, but I am wonder, when will have an update where the unemployed pops are put at the top of the resettlement list, I hope we won't have to wait as long as PC player because they got it 'relatively' recently and it seems like a fix you could do a lot earlier.
I think the word you're after is "Parity", not "Parody".

Reactions: