Duplicate Stellaris - Breach of Galactic Law Apparently Not Working [2.8, Secondhand Report]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mímisbrunnr

Colonel
14 Badges
Mar 1, 2018
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
Description
Breach of Galactic Law Apparently Not Working [2.8, Secondhand Report]

Game Version

What version do you use?
(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

What expansions do you have installed?

Do you have mods enabled?

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Originally posted here, https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...h-updated-checksum-dfce.1442231/post-27105637, reposted to this dedicated forum at the request of @Alfray Stryke.

I'll quote it below:

"I'll also take a moment to bring to your attention to an issues I've read about on the /r/stellaris forums. Unlike the bug I previously reported, this is a secondhand report on my part, but I'll link to the original post from the person who did encounter it, and they seem not to be the only ones:

In short, it appears that being in breach of galactic law isn't currently working correctly - empires that should be in breach aren't, according to their posts.

This is reinforced by a comment on the post, that says "From what I can tell, people can't be in breach of galactic law right now. I think its a bug".

I don't know if these users were using any mods, unfortunately, but it may be worth looking into, as breaches of galactic law often tie into higher end Federations DLC resolutions at the Galactic Community."

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Unfortunately, this is a secondhand report of an issue I saw reported on the /r/Stellaris forums and I have not yet had the opportunity to try to reproduce it, so I cannot say for certain how to reproduce it, or whether it occurs in vanilla or modded games. Still, if the feature might not be working, that's something important to make sure of.

Upload Attachment

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'd like to ask this as well. 2.8 was released over a month ago now, so this means that the upper-end Federations paid-DLC resolutions have been broken for about a month now [in that they don't induce breaches of law against opponents like they are meant to], assuming it started in 2.8. And that means they (accidentally) won't work as advertised to new would-be purchasers either until they are fixed - all the more reason to correct this.

We don't even need a full 2.8.2 (although it would be very nice to have) - all that's really needed is a hotfix patch to address a single issue that is making a key game feature [Galactic Law breaches and penalties for breaching] not work correctly at all right now.

Any further update on this please? Appreciate you acknowledging the issue, but has it been fixed yet? Got two Multiplayer games on hold until its sorted, as its quite a big deal for empires who are focussed on making nicey nicey so that they can impede others with laws.

To reiterate, as long as this bug is present, a major feature of Federation does not work at all, and thus furthermore no longer works as advertised, which is problematic. It also makes sanctions utterly meaningly, damaging one of our few diplomatic tools for harming enemies.

I know that you are probably waiting until Nemesis, but its been months and a key Federation features is still not working. If you have a fix ready to go, I urge you to push out a minor 2.8 with the fix in it so this quite major bug can be fixed for the rest of the time until Nemesis.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This fix probably will be part of the nemesis patchcode. It probably is not effective to put it into old code and pushing out a hotfix with danger of the bug reappearing when later the nemesis patch is released. For now we have to use bugfix mods.