Duplicate Stellaris - Breach of Galactic Law Apparently Not Working [2.8, Secondhand Report]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mímisbrunnr

Colonel
14 Badges
Mar 1, 2018
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
Description
Breach of Galactic Law Apparently Not Working [2.8, Secondhand Report]

Game Version

What version do you use?
(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

What expansions do you have installed?

Do you have mods enabled?

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Originally posted here, https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...h-updated-checksum-dfce.1442231/post-27105637, reposted to this dedicated forum at the request of @Alfray Stryke.

I'll quote it below:

"I'll also take a moment to bring to your attention to an issues I've read about on the /r/stellaris forums. Unlike the bug I previously reported, this is a secondhand report on my part, but I'll link to the original post from the person who did encounter it, and they seem not to be the only ones:

In short, it appears that being in breach of galactic law isn't currently working correctly - empires that should be in breach aren't, according to their posts.

This is reinforced by a comment on the post, that says "From what I can tell, people can't be in breach of galactic law right now. I think its a bug".

I don't know if these users were using any mods, unfortunately, but it may be worth looking into, as breaches of galactic law often tie into higher end Federations DLC resolutions at the Galactic Community."

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Unfortunately, this is a secondhand report of an issue I saw reported on the /r/Stellaris forums and I have not yet had the opportunity to try to reproduce it, so I cannot say for certain how to reproduce it, or whether it occurs in vanilla or modded games. Still, if the feature might not be working, that's something important to make sure of.

Upload Attachment

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've noticed this too. I thought it might be caused by one of my GC mods, but it seems to happen without mods as well (although all of my save files are either out of date or modded, so I can't post one).

Reactions:
I've noticed this too, all my games on the beta (no mods). Seems not to work for any resolutions (i.e. passing Ethical Guideline Refactoring doesn't put fanatic egalitarians in breach when they've researched everything; passing the final Greater Good resolution doesn't put authoritarians in breach even though they can't fulfill it). I don't think Denouncement applies sanctions either.

Reactions:
Seeing that others are having the problem, I may want to wait to start my new campaign until its fixed. Thankfully, things are a bit busy for me right now, so I probably wasn't going to be starting in earnest for another week or two, so they'll have time to fix it by then.

Same issue. Sanctions are not working for me as well. Too bad since I spent so much time,resources, and favors to force some resolutions and it was all for nothing in my playthrough. I was one of 2 materialists and the rest of the galaxy being spiritualists just laughed with no penalties.

Reactions:
I noticed this as well. I decided to hunt the Tyianki Matriarch and got an event informing me that I breached the Tyianki protection act. I got fined 5000 energy but did not receive any negative modifiers, despite minor administrative sanctions having been passed.

Reactions:
So, we have multiple confirmations that this is a problem. Can someone (I unfortunately don't have one) attach a save.

This is a really big problem [as it breaks a key part of a paid DLC feature, the breaches caused by high tier resolutions from Federations], so I strongly urge PDX to fix this as soon as possible and issue a new patch (be it an unnumbered patch or a 2.8.2 patch) to correct this issue.

Reactions:
I have a save. It's a bit "hacked together" (I used mature galaxy via console and some changes in defines to get resolutions through without waiting for hours).

Attachments

• test.sav
    1,3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions:
Thank you so much, @xor ! Hopefully this will be useful for the devs and QA team in fixing this.

@Alfray Stryke, you originally asked me to post this on the bug report forums, so I wanted to let you know that while its a secondhand report for me, I've managed to get someone else to provide a relevant save file for analysis and as a firsthand record of the bug. I hope this helps!

Another thought: @xor Could you perhaps note which resolutions breaches are not working correctly in that particular save file more specifically so that we can make it easier for PDX to see the manner in which it is bugged, in case that helps them narrow down on the cause? Also, can you let PDX know if this is a vanilla or modded save [as they normally ask that question for bug reports]?

Another thought: @xor Could you perhaps note which resolutions breaches are not working correctly in that particular save file more specifically so that we can make it easier for PDX to see the manner in which it is bugged, in case that helps them narrow down on the cause?

AFAIK all breaches are not working. And I think in the save I tried all.

Reactions:
AFAIK all breaches are not working. And I think in the save I tried all.

Well, sure, I was under that impression too; I just was wondering whether you tested it with one particular breach or if you verified it with many of them so the PDX devs could immediately zero into the case(s) that you tested, as I said.

Its great to hear that you tested it with all of them [albeit sad that it is indeed all of them that aren't working]. To reiterate, I hope this helps PDX in fixing this bug.

Oh also just to add because it's not in the post title: It's on 2.8.1

I hope they don't ignore the post now because the title has an older version.

btw interesting how I found out: was modding some new resolutions, wanted to test them, didn't work, so what do you do, when something doesn't work? You remove mods until it works. Never worked even without mods, never worked in a totally new game without mods (the save file). Searched everywhere if someone knew about it, saw nothing about it until finally another very short thread here on the forums.

Reactions:
@xor - I have a suggestion - why don't you then (if you have the time) resubmit it under a new 2.8.1 titled thread and link my original post so that they can see the entire transcript here by following the link.

And that's interesting about how you found out. You should mention that if you make a 2.8.1 titled post.

Well considering that this is the top post right now in the bug report forum I don't really want to submit another one that's basically just the same as this one. Multiple posts about the same thing are probably also just annoying for the devs.

Maybe if we haven't heard a single word about the issue for a week or something.

Okay, thank you!

Good luck with fixing this (and the other issues)! Hopefully the reports and the save files will have given you the resources to figure it out so that you can put out a patch resolving them.

Thanks for acknowledging the issue. It feels quite an important one. Any ETA on a hot fix?

I'd like to ask this as well. 2.8 was released over a month ago now, so this means that the upper-end Federations paid-DLC resolutions have been broken for about a month now [in that they don't induce breaches of law against opponents like they are meant to], assuming it started in 2.8. And that means they (accidentally) won't work as advertised to new would-be purchasers either until they are fixed - all the more reason to correct this.

Since it worked in 2.7.2, and most of your other changes in 2.8 have nothing to do with galactic law, on the surface level it would seem to be an almost-trivial fix to copy in most/all of the 2.7.2 code for Galactic Law operation and it would presumably work, though I admit that things rarely are that simple.

We don't even need a full 2.8.2 (although it would be very nice to have) - all that's really needed is a hotfix patch to address a single issue that is making a key game feature [Galactic Law breaches and penalties for breaching] not work correctly at all right now.

I appreciate the responsiveness that QA people like @Alfray Stryke have made, particularly early in the support for 2.8 - that was definitely a very positive experience and gave me lots of hope. But that said, I urge you and the team to not let a major game feature remain broken all the way until 2.9; I urge you to look into issuing a hot-fix if you haven't already. [And if you are in fact looking into it, thank you!]

It would be wonderful to be able to start up a new campaign and make use of the feature - working correctly - again.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: