Stellaris: Ancient Relics - Release Information

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You already can use any pop living in an empire you have an immigration treaty with to build a colony ship, you have to select a shipyard to build it it won't show up if you use the colonize button on the planet you inted to settle.

Not what I was asking, from the patch notes.

Habitability map icon now considers all possible species instead of just owned ones

So wanted to know if that means, we can built a colony ship that includes species from empires we have treaties with, that might not currently be in our empire. This would be really useful and make migration treaties more useful early on, since it's easy to get a treaty with an empire that has the complete opposite planet preference from your founding species, thus never seeing a population from them migrate over until you either invest heavily in habitability improvements, get something that has universal habitability up (ring world, ecumenopolis, habitat or Gaia world) or you opt to take the hit and colonize a crappy world just to prompt some of them to migrate over.

If that isn't the case, not quite sure what that change is suppose to facilitate.

June 4th ... I have a job interview on June 4th ...

I guess I know how I'm going to celebrate afterwards!

You already can use any pop living in an empire you have an immigration treaty with to build a colony ship, you have to select a shipyard to build it it won't show up if you use the colonize button on the planet you inted to settle.
That's good to know! But looks like a gui oversight

I only bought this game on Friday and I pre-ordered Ancient Relics via Steam on Sunday. It looks like if you have been playing this game forever (unlike me), you might be upset with how much it is changing/how much it has changed, but all I know is the game in its current state, and it's fantastic.

Hello. I have a issue. Bought the expansion on launch day. Test branch doesn't start under any settings with no errors. 2.2.7 starts without any issues.
Tried:
-Al compatibility combinations
-The -nolauncher definition
-Checking everything in the folder.
-Rechecking if 64 bit Windows is installed
-Pulling hair

Last edited:
Did not want to start a new thread, plus its a simple thank you. Got bummed out over the Baol, I looked through the files...figuring out if I missed something to help them revive, to restart the species!

No joke, I think the developers got a clue from the Rachni in mass effect...how they "sing" and when they die or are cut off their "chorus" grows more silent.

Glad to say all I needed was to apply the relic and there is a chance that the new gaia world will spawn the Baol species again.
Weirdly enough they are delicious? Which I'm not going to wonder nor even attempt to capitalize on. But yeah, I actually cheered when they reappeared :p