Stellaris: Ancient Relics - Release Information

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like the music I'm hearing in the video ; mysterious and alien. That's my favourite part of Stellaris.
Seems like we will be able to see a species portrait on planet screen now. Nice and immersive addition.

Strongly agree. Best gaming music ever heard.

June 4th? Ancient Relics or Urban Warfare? Won't have time to try both at the day of launch... :(
Ancient Relics for me. I have a feeling that the mods I use for BattleTech will have to be updated while most of the ones I use for Stellaris will still work.

I'm not against an espionnage system that would enable you to steal relics, but a simple decision? Hell no. Stealing a relic should be a complex process with high chances of failure.

Sorry Maybe misphrased. The devs said during one Stream that they would consider Options of acquiring not only the Galatron by war but others also if the fanbase wishes it. I was wondering what the devs had decided about it.

Another 10 Euro cash grab. Huzzah!
Expect more "mostly negative" and "mixed" steam reviews.
This a very sad day. You are no longer the paradox I came to love one and a half decades ago.

This a very sad day. You are no longer the paradox I came to love one and a half decades ago.

Things change. That is, in fact, the only thing that stays the same.

No need to be sad: If you regard this DLC too expensive, vote using your wallet and do not buy it. I had the same feeling about twenty bucks for shallow Megacorp expansion and I havent bought it yet, not even when it was discounted -15% or what it was lately. Using some mods instead, all good.

Are you complaining about the excessive cost of the DLC or just because you are against DLCs on principle? I disagree with both

Last edited:
I could have sworn that Life-Seeded didn't guarantee Gaia worlds if one had the habitable worlds slider on 1 or 2. It's one of the things that really holds the civic back.

Though good to see that maybe low habitability might be a serious detriment if the pop growth hit, plus high upkeep for affected pops, make it not worth settling everything.

Want to know if the colony ship change means, that if I have a migration treaty with another empire, that I can use their pops to settle one of my worlds. Would be a nice indirect nerf to say total war builds, since that would let builds that are total war have a means to job start their economy and have a shot at getting ahead of total war builds. Would also even things up a little with non-hivemind bio empires and gestalt machine empires. I'm fine with machine's being better at colonizing, but currently without a few other tweaks, it puts them to far ahead since most colonies equal more populations and more populations equals stronger economy.

I'm just hoping habitats won't be a huge pain in the butt, still worried the AI will spam a ton of them. I don't play multiplayer, but I'd be worried about someone figuring out how to use those to maximum obnoxiousness. The changes were needed, but it seems like they really should have either hard or soft cap (some of this issue can be pinned on pop growth).

Glad to see Project Arcology getting reigned in. The change might seem harsh, but with planet designations from the get go, it's not nearly as harsh. I'm hoping the change to them and the fact that the precursor changes leading to more ecumenopoli, will actually make this perk a choice rather than being required.

Also glad to see trade getting some attention. I'm just hoping we hit a point, where piracy is setup more realistically. There should be a point where having a certain number of ships, certain amount of hanger defense platforms or developing a world far enough results in the system not having piracy problems. Currently, as far as I can tell piracy can scale to infinity and I'm not sure the current solutions are good. Current solution being cheese it with gateways, spam level one starbases above the cap (which is going to be harder next patch) or split up trade routes (which seems counterintuitive because that should make it harder to defend). Also was really hoping there would be a fix to the whole issue of having to often manually connect newly acquired systems with starbases to the trade network.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to this DLC.

Want to know if the colony ship change means, that if I have a migration treaty with another empire, that I can use their pops to settle one of my worlds.
You already can use any pop living in an empire you have an immigration treaty with to build a colony ship, you have to select a shipyard to build it it won't show up if you use the colonize button on the planet you inted to settle.