Stellaris: Ancient Relics Announcement Trailer

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

badgr

Paradox Arc
6 Badges
Jun 12, 2018
twitter.com

Uncover the ruins of long-dead civilizations in Relic Worlds to piece together the story of their rise and eventual downfall. Mine their derelict cities and ships to unearth the truth, discover powerful relics and harness them for your own empire’s ambitions.

Stellaris: Ancient Relics includes:

Said Ancient Relics: Collect and acquire valuable relics in your adventures as rewards for overcoming major crises or after completing a dig at an archaeological site and solving the chapters. Each relic gives significant benefits to your empire to aid in your interstellar escapades.

Those Who Came Before: Encounter clues about two extinct Precursor civilizations, the Baol and the Zroni, the former a sprawling hivemind of plantoids, the latter some of the most the most powerful psionics to have ever lived. Players can investigate these home systems to understand who they were and, more importantly, what one can learn from their demise.

Relic Worlds: Once filled with teeming life, these Relic Worlds now lie dead, replete with desolate ruins and dormant mysteries. Players can excavate guaranteed archeological sites on these worlds to explore these remnants and bring to light powerful relics and artifacts.

Dig In: Hit the dirt on a variety of enigmatic and alien worlds with more archeology sites available for your empire to study… or plunder. Each site begins a story with between one and six chapters to investigate. Retrace the history to discover artifacts and relics that can be boons to your empire.

Matter of Artifacts: Learning from history is much more than parables and antiques, it can often be the key to understanding one’s own place in the galaxy. Utilizing archaeological research, discover Minor Artifacts, a new resource type which can help empower one’s empire.

Don't forget to tune into our stream at 16:00 CEST to get the first look at Ancient Relics on https://twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, I'm always happy about more additions to Stellaris, but I really don't care about pre-written stories. I prefer to make my own. Then again, I'm confident that the next add-on will be a major one dealing with diplomacy and espionage...

Okay, so no diplomacy improvement yet I suppose....................too bad
We have JUST had a major rework. You know to the economy. This patch and dlc is a story pack that will more than likely patch the AI performance issues

I hope all Precursors will work in the same System if you have the DLC? I am referring to the dig sites. Because if you are not lucky and encounter a new Precursor the new dig in mechanic couldn't be experienced.

I don't think they need to rush the diplomacy and espionage, I will think about this DLC like a nice artistic feature and a way to get some money for improvements on IA and then they will start working on a big mayor DLC.

Diplomacy expansion is honestly something I'd prefer to see as being done sooner rather than later, as there's so much damned wasted potential when it comes to the Diplomacy area of the game.

Heck, this almost feels like something you could instead have as a full part of a free patch instead as this, to me at least, doesn't seem like anything really big. Sure cool and adds flavor, and will give scientists something to do once you've got the map surveyed, but I mean... I don't see this as having a big impact worthy of being an actual DLC.

Maybe if they reveal that there's going to be a bit more into it then just what we've seen?

Diplomacy expansion is honestly something I'd prefer to see as being done sooner rather than later, as there's so much damned wasted potential when it comes to the Diplomacy area of the game.

Heck, this almost feels like something you could instead have as a full part of a free patch instead as this, to me at least, doesn't seem like anything really big. Sure cool and adds flavor, and will give scientists something to do once you've got the map surveyed, but I mean... I don't see this as having a big impact worthy of being an actual DLC.

Maybe if they reveal that there's going to be a bit more into it then just what we've seen?
Depends on the price for me. $5 is ok, $50...lol

Okay, so no diplomacy improvement yet I suppose....................too bad

There is ALWAYS a Story Pack between expansions. Always.