Stellaris 3.6 "Orion" Available Now!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, it was listed in the patch notes.
Thank you! Must have missed that, although I humbly submit that it fires way too late now, making players with this origin chained to - even if elevated- RNG to get precursor events as zero will now appear for these players from anomalies discovered during exploration. It seems like most of the time the precursor chain won’t be completed until deep into the late game now. For the Yuht this makes the relic fairly worthless to get (spoilers I guess) as much of your colonization is done by then anyways- just seems to put OTSoG starts at a disadvantage all around to get precursors later than everyone else.

Reactions:
I'd love to get an explanation behind the logic behind that decision, because I think that's an origin that many players will entirely abandon now. I'm one of them.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Maybe there should be a precursor catchup event for empires that haven't managed to start any of the precursor chains by midgame* year? By that point empires are generally locked out of precursor anomalies due to the lack of systems to survey, so an event that spawns a precursor anomaly in a system you own will at least get the a chain rolling so that you can trigger the existing precursor catchup events to complete it.
I've had this happen with federation starts in a crowded galaxy too, where running out of surveyable systems early means no precursor at all, which is why I figure the solution shouldn't be specific to this origin.

*Starting the precursor chain at midgame does feel too late, especially if you're using default settings. The existing catchup events use a more reasonable threshold of 50 years instead of being locked behind midgame, but they all require you to have already started one of the chains. Another possible trigger you could use is the remaining percentage of systems in the galaxy (maybe limited to systems with a precursor flag) that are unowned, unsurveyed, and nonhostile; i.e. how many systems that could start a precursor chain remain.
Bash:
# Precursor intro catchup event
trigger = {
    is_ai = no
    has_precursor_intro = no
    OR = {
        years_passed > 50 # @precursor_catch_up_year?
        mid_game_years_passed > 1
        galaxy_system_percentage = {
            percentage < 0.05
            limit = {
                has_owner = no
                has_any_precursor_flag = yes
                NOT = { has_star_flag = hostile_system }
            }
            exclude = { has_any_precursor_flag = no }
        }
    }
    any_system_within_border = { has_any_precursor_flag = yes }
}
# pick a random system within your borders with a precursor flag and fire one of the precursor intro events in it, possibly picking the precursor using weights based on the on_survey random_events weights and/or whether or not another empire has started/finished that precursor's chain aready
I grant that I invented the has_any_precursor_flag scripted trigger and galaxy_system_percentage trigger, but you get the gist.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Agreed with what has been said- in my current playthrough with On The Shoulders of Giants it is now 2360 and I have yet to have a precursor (Intercepting History has been completed for a long time now and the Benefactor world has been integrated into the empire, terraformed, and is in the process of becoming an arcology). Unless the intent is to nerf this origin by essentially not giving a precursor, this does not feel like it is working quite right.

Reactions:
Orion feedback.
Overall I like the new perk ideas.

Also I'm seeing some major problems
1. Aquatic was over powered now its nerfed too much.
2. Stations have almost always been a bit weak for their power rating, now they can be dropped by a fleet with 1/3rd the power rating. The fleet improvements should have included the ability to have reasonable defenses.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Ever since upgrading all ships show no armor. Both in the game I had already been playing (all the way up to battleships) and the new game I just started. Why are armor hitpoints always zero regardless of design?

Is anyone else finding that precursors aren't spawning as often? Several games now and after exploring almost a quarter of the galaxy (large) I still haven't had a precursor event.

In this version is it intended that the origin On The Shoulders of Giants does not give a precursor? For some reason the last three games I have played, all with this origin (change scares me) first in the beta and now with the released version I do not get a precursor. In the first of these three play throughs I did eventually get the Yuht but at a very very late year. For all three I never got the initial notification of what the precursor would be (except in the first, very late as I noted). I saw another poster mention that they’d had the same issue and wasn’t clear if this was WAD or not, haven’t seen any bugs reported about it in a quick look.

Thank you! Must have missed that, although I humbly submit that it fires way too late now, making players with this origin chained to - even if elevated- RNG to get precursor events as zero will now appear for these players from anomalies discovered during exploration. It seems like most of the time the precursor chain won’t be completed until deep into the late game now. For the Yuht this makes the relic fairly worthless to get (spoilers I guess) as much of your colonization is done by then anyways- just seems to put OTSoG starts at a disadvantage all around to get precursors later than everyone else.

I'd love to get an explanation behind the logic behind that decision, because I think that's an origin that many players will entirely abandon now. I'm one of them.

Agreed with what has been said- in my current playthrough with On The Shoulders of Giants it is now 2360 and I have yet to have a precursor (Intercepting History has been completed for a long time now and the Benefactor world has been integrated into the empire, terraformed, and is in the process of becoming an arcology). Unless the intent is to nerf this origin by essentially not giving a precursor, this does not feel like it is working quite right.

If you want to have access to the solution to your problem, click on the image:

Last edited:
Reactions:
I switched on Remnants, found Cybrex right on doorsteps and by the 22 all six anomalies.
Which leaves another issue after this update - broken AI empires names with localization. Just "Civilization" or "Regime". Well, it is not an issue with english language, but still - annoying.

Mods are not a solution to a problem, when the problem was primarily a request for an explanation for the logic behind a decision.
Said Origin uses archeology sites and two precursors (Zroni and Baol) as well. At first it can be onerous to divide your efforts between the Precursor and the Origin, or the Precursor and the Origin compete with each other to find valid locations for their archeological sites (choose the reason you dislike the least). Normally it is the player's decision to decide what to focus on, simply the Stellaris Staff wants to exempt you from that decision by prevailing the Origin over the Precursor.

At least you have the Mods to save you from the "mischiefs" of the developers :p

Said Origin uses archeology sites and two precursors (Zroni and Baol) as well. At first it can be onerous to divide your efforts between the Precursor and the Origin, or the Precursor and the Origin compete with each other to find valid locations for their archeological sites (choose the reason you dislike the least). Normally it is the player's decision to decide what to focus on, simply the Stellaris Staff wants to exempt you from that decision by prevailing the Origin over the Precursor.

At least you have the Mods to save you from the "mischiefs" of the developers :p
You can just chose to start in Solar system - more than enough place for all locations of origin even if thanks to funny bug they spawn twice.
Also Zroni and Baol dig sites do not spawn in home system, if i am not mistaken...?

What choice?

*Just build another science ship*

Both of you are right, that is why I say that developers are "mischievous" lately. I just tried to imagine for which reason they would xD