Confirmed Stellaris - [3.4.2] AI empires don't take relative power into account when first negotiating peaceful subjugation - you can vassalize anyone you want

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sep 4, 2021
Description
[3.4.2] AI empires do not take relative power into account when first negotiating peaceful subjugation, making it possible to vassalize any empire

Game Version
[3.4.2](7836)

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?

Do you have mods enabled?

No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
There's clearly supposed to be a relative power modifier that negatively affects agreement to be vassalized, as that modifier appears in any re-negotiation of terms. But it doesn't apply for initial vassalization. This means that all you have to do to vassalize ANY empire is to make a relatively lenient deal to counteract the -50 base acceptance. One player in my game started as Lost Colony and vassalized his designated advanced empire 10 years into the game. I easily vassalized all my neighbors as well.

If you try to re-negotiate the deal, they will have a massive negative acceptance even for the exact same unchanged deal.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Propose peaceful subjugation with any regular empire. Simply make a non-oppressive deal and any empire will accept.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• hors1.png
    hors1.png
    3,2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 2Haha
Reactions: