Stellaris 3.0 "Dick" Update Free Features

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MrFreake_PDX

Lt. General
Community Ambassador
10 Badges
Feb 20, 2020
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
Wondering what free features are coming on April 15th in the Stellaris 3.0 Update?

Check out our Stellaris 3.0 Update Free Features Video!

Pre-Order Nemesis Now: http://pdxint.at/3rnt

• 33Like
  • 2Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Industrial zones seem interesting. I'm wondering if there will be any disadvantages to research when building industrial zones since having both on one planet seems pretty strong (unless I missed something).

Industrial zones seem interesting. I'm wondering if there will be any disadvantages to research when building industrial zones since having both on one planet seems pretty strong (unless I missed something).

Hopefully this will finally get the AI to build labs and stay relevant for longer.

To clarify, we'll be able to dedicate only 1 building slot per planet to factories/forges, so even if the AI wastes a few more on stupid buildings it should eventually add labs. I hope.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I wish this was typed out - but Dick itself looks good.

• 5Like
Reactions:
Hopefully this will finally get the AI to build labs and stay relevant for longer.

To clarify, we'll be able to dedicate only 1 building slot per planet to factories/forges, so even if the AI wastes a few more on stupid buildings it should eventually add labs. I hope.

I'd like to see some sort of rework to research such that you're not into repeatables before the game is even half over. It's really unhealthy for how the game plays.

• 6Like
Reactions:

The main choice is that you have to pick one or another planetary designation. Also, a planet full of lab buildings requires city districts (both to open the slots and house the researchers), which therefore aren't industrial districts, whereas you can squeeze a few more industrial districts on the planet if you're just focusing on alloys/CG. Still, I imagine the industrial+lab combo will be pretty popular, like it is already for ecumenopolises.

You can also put a bunch of labs on rural planets. Refineries and bureaucrat offices can go just fine on urban and/or rural planets, as well. Regardless of what kind of building jobs you want, it may be worth overbuilding city districts anyway, and/or putting down housing buildings temporarily if you don't have enough pops to work in all the buildings slots, because spare capacity will increase population growth.

• 1Like
Reactions:
aJxnREAz_700w_0[1].jpg

• 12Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Can you guys (PDX) post some stats on most of the newly revised buildings around the time of the patch notes so we can get a better understanding of how the new versions of the buildings will work? Especially the ones that you haven't yet shown off in the dev diaries...

• 2Like
Reactions:
I am just dying to see how this new economic system will play out. I mean, it has been explained and all, but I am sure that the hands-on handling will be a surprise.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Alloys and Consumer Goods are now produced by districts. That makes it easier to put some production on every planet.

However they do provide poor housing, so it is less likely the AI will place Laboraties on the same planet.

waiting for SW prequel memes.
oh and patch too
Nemesis DLC: "I am the prequel meme!"

• 2Like
Reactions:
Is espionage going to be in the free patch?

The main choice is that you have to pick one or another planetary designation. Also, a planet full of lab buildings requires city districts (both to open the slots and house the researchers), which therefore aren't industrial districts, whereas you can squeeze a few more industrial districts on the planet if you're just focusing on alloys/CG. Still, I imagine the industrial+lab combo will be pretty popular, like it is already for ecumenopolises.

You can also put a bunch of labs on rural planets. Refineries and bureaucrat offices can go just fine on urban and/or rural planets, as well. Regardless of what kind of building jobs you want, it may be worth overbuilding city districts anyway, and/or putting down housing buildings temporarily if you don't have enough pops to work in all the buildings slots, because spare capacity will increase population growth.

If they hadn't fixed the building mechanic, i reckon it will be possible to build both a forge and a CG building on the same planet, if you queue both at the same time. This works with a lot of limited quantity buildings, like the amenities one from the artisans, the ministry of culture, shrine of Numa, etc

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Yes, a limited version of the system that only has the "gather intel" operation IIRC.
That's probably the right choice, those that don't want sabotage/steal tech etc can just choose not to get the DLC.

Reactions: