As Designed Stellaris - [3.0.3] [d281] Is the Imperial Core supposed to be allowed to become a democracy?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MilesBHuff

Modder
109 Badges
Aug 5, 2013
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
Description
[3.0.3] [d281] Is the Galactic Core supposed to be allowed to become a democracy?

Game Version

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
All

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Becoming the galactic emperor forces you to become fanatic authoritarian; but nothing keeps you there. I was able to immediately embrace my egalitarian faction, and return to my old egal/fanamater ethics. The "Imperium" is now an oligarchy; but it could just as well have become a democracy. Is this supposed to be allowed? Fine by me if it is (I enjoyed playing my fake Imperium in my real save), but I wanted to mention this just in case.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
1. Become galactic emperor
2. Embrace egalitarian faction

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• before.png
    before.png
    374,2 KB · Views: 0
  • after.png
    after.png
    331,3 KB · Views: 0
  • Fake Empire.sav
    1,5 MB · Views: 0
By the way, when you did this, did you keep the +6 Influence and +1 Envoy from Galactic Sovereign, or did you lose it? I have heard reports elsewhere that there were bugs that caused these effects to be deactivated, but it could be simply that the person reporting it was using mods that may have been having unexpected interactions.

I was thinking of trying to do this sort of Imperium myself and wanted to know if I would be harmed with the loss of influence if I became a Democracy (or non-imperial authority).

You've unlocked the good ending.

Reactions:
By the way, when you did this, did you keep the +6 Influence and +1 Envoy from Galactic Sovereign, or did you lose it? I have heard reports elsewhere that there were bugs that caused these effects to be deactivated, but it could be simply that the person reporting it was using mods that may have been having unexpected interactions.

I was thinking of trying to do this sort of Imperium myself and wanted to know if I would be harmed with the loss of influence if I became a Democracy (or non-imperial authority).
I'm pretty sure I kept everything? It's been a short while now since I finished this playthrough.

I'm pretty sure I kept everything? It's been a short while now since I finished this playthrough.

I am now finally in the place where I have been able to replicate this insofar as going to a F. Xenophile + Egalitarian Oligarchy and everything is still working correctly, so I'm finally able to verify it.

The last question (which I can test shortly myself) will be if it still works for a Democracy.

Thanks for the independent double-check.

• 1Like
Reactions: