Stellaris - 2.8.1 (dfce) Getting dragged into offensive wars without my consent

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gronkh

Corporal
63 Badges
Nov 24, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
Description
2.8.1 (dfce) Getting dragged into offensive wars without my consent

Game Version

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
Synthetic Dawn, Utopia, Leviathans Story Pack, Apocalypse, Megacorp, Distant Stars, Ancient Relics, Lithoids, Federations

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
This happened twice to me on the current version now, can't remember this ever happening on older ones. I got dragged into an offensive war without my approval or even being asked in the first place. Like I said, this is OFFENSIVE wars, they are not triggered via defensive pacts, federation or independence guarantees which would be defensive wars, obviously.

First time it happened in a multiplayer game, an AI empire I was on good terms with but otherwise had no treaties with just attacked one of their neighbours and for whatever reason I can't imagine I was part of this war and was never asked if I wanted it in the first place. The war target was also in defensive pacts with two other empires so now I had to fight on the bad end of a 2 vs 3 war.

Second time I was playing alone, running a hegemony type federation (as the hegemon), and suddenly one of the minor members of my federation just attacked one of our neighbours. Once again, I was never even asked if I approve of this war. Federation laws were set to majority vote on war declarations and voting weight set to diplomatic power. Never even got to vote no because the voting screen didn't even show up in the first place.

This is serious business Paradox, shit like this can easily cost you the game when playing on high difficulties or in multiplayer. Please address this one ASAP.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Not sure about the EXACT circumstances when this is possible.

Upload Attachment
(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

This is happening to my save as well, which I've attached. Signed a non aggression pact, and forced to join wars. This has happened over multiple patches. I don't understand why this bug is still present.

Attachments

• ironman.sav
    2,1 MB · Views: 0
This is one of the most annoying bugs. There are two core issues here, disregarding everything: (1) invitation to war does not make a pausing popup, so you can overlook it and (2) the default answer being yes. I want to sit down with the dev who thought that a default to a war invite should be yes and ask them what is wrong with their world view. This is a seriously annoying, game breaking bug, that has been reported over and over, and is being thoroughly IGNORED.