Stellaris - [2.6.2] [e123] Allies Ignoring Take Point

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bellicosity

Captain
95 Badges
Oct 24, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Magicka
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Victoria 2
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
Description
[2.6.2] [e123] Allies Ignoring Take Point

Game Version

What version do you use?

Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
All of the above

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Allies are refusing to join player fleets when those fleets have take point selected. See this thread for other players confirming this behavior https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/take-point.1365418/

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Get a federation or ally and join a war. Then ask them to follow you. It is nearly impossible or actually impossible to make them follow you, even when it is in their best interest.

Upload Attachment

• 3Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
See the attached image. These fleets are just sitting there with no orders. They could join up with my fleets to help out or I dont know... literally do anything in the south since those enemy fleets are smaller than they are.

Attachments

• stellaris_TASTBqeB2F.jpg
    stellaris_TASTBqeB2F.jpg
    760,7 KB · Views: 10
Yeah I've played two campaigns now and have never had an allied fleet join mine. I cannot even find a confirmed case of AI fleets following other AI nation fleets (ie, two AI nations joining forces to beat an enemy).

This is making allied blocs far easier to fight than they should be and vice versa, making an ally an actual detriment in a war and not an asset since they just chalk up war exhaustion.

Yea, this is a big problem especially now that the war AI for your enemies is much better and they actually fly around with doom stacks. I need my allies not to be morons for sure.

Confirmed broken since at least 2.2.

Please fix it since it's a powerful tool for both AI and player (AI fleets have it enabled, too).

It was awesome when it worked; AIs following each other and attacking together (same for the player).

This is still happening in 2.7.1 Ally fleets are either stuck or fly back and forth between a few sectors and are basically doing nothing after some time, while the enemy and his big grouped up fleets takes back the territory I managed to conquer. I used "own" console command on one sector with 3 big stacks of federation ships without orders and suddenly they all started moving(2 followed the bigger fleet), but they still won't follow my fleet. (I am not the fed leader)

I was just about to make a thread about this one but since I saw yours and since the problem still persists I am putting +1 on this.

Without working "Take Point" there is no reason to keep vassals or even be in federations I mean think about this a no cordinated strikes aganist your enemy well what is the point of having an alliance anyway.

Note: Imagine Cold War going hot and all those Nato countries are not coordinating even one division instead they all fight on their own well what do you think will be the result wouldt whole Nato become useless well you get the idea ?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Absolutely. I do recall hearing somewhere, at sometime(!) that they were looking to add more battle coordination features into the game, perhaps they're leaving this to fix at that point, as tbh, it would make sense.

When you look back, even games like Red Alert 2 had a beacon you could place down on the map to indicate where your allies should rally, we need ways to co-ordinate fights with our allies, especially against a stronger foe, otherwise you simply get your and your allies fleets picked off as the AI doesn't like to stack their fleets with yours.

If such an update isn't pencilled in for any time soon, they need to fix the 'take point' feature.

@grekulf, can you advise?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I even made a ticket about this subject like a minute ago in order to get more attention to it.

DEVS WE NEED THIS FEATURE PLEASE WORK ON THAT !

To any fellow Stellaris players out there if you are having some problems like we do ( I know you do cause its broken) please support this tread.

In the mean time I am gonna dig up some game files (AI stuff ) and see if I can create a work around..

As I mentioned above I have created a ticket about this issue and this is their response just letting you know maybe some dev finnaly adress the issue...

Hey there!

Thank you for the report! I've created an internal ticket and sent it to the developers for further investigations. Hopefully it's something that they can address in an upcoming patch but sadly we have no way to tell when/if it will ever be fixed! Now they know it exists though ;)!

Kind regards,

I really hope it gets fixed soon because Federations seem really neat despite this major flaw. I get not wanting the player to have the ability to send their entire allies' fleet on a suicide mission following one Corvette, but not having any ability to coordinate attacks makes Federations feel useless.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I really hope it gets fixed soon because Federations seem really neat despite this major flaw. I get not wanting the player to have the ability to send their entire allies' fleet on a suicide mission following one Corvette, but not having any ability to coordinate attacks makes Federations feel useless.

So true I without beign able to fight with your allies federations lack their meaning...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Still bugged in 2.7.2(60bf) - My Federation members never followed my fleets with "Take point" turned on, so they only became useful once the federation fleet was established and I had control of it.