Stellaris - [2.5.1 1fd6] Soundtrack DLC missing owned DLC soundtracks

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Macha

Recruit
103 Badges
Dec 18, 2011
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
Description
[2.5.1 1fd6] Soundtrack DLC missing owned DLC soundtracks

Game Version
2.5.1 1fd6

What version do you use?

Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
Synthetic Dawn,
Utopia,
Leviathans Story Pack,
Apocalypse,
Megacorp,
Distant Stars

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
I have the soundtrack DLC and also most of the other DLC apart from the most recent two. From the soundtrack DLC's description, it sounds like I should have access to e.g. the Apocalypse and Synthetic Dawn soundtracks as I also own those DLC. However, I do not. I only have the base game soundtracks in my steamapps\common\Stellaris\soundtrack\mp3 or steamapps\common\Stellaris\soundtrack\flac folder.

I see at least one other user reported this in the steam reviews. Possibly related to updates for the new steam media player?

Steps to reproduce the issue.
1. Install Stellaris from Steam while owning any DLC which should provide extra media files.
2. Navigate to steamapps\common\Stellaris\soundtrack\mp3 or steamapps\common\Stellaris\soundtrack\flac in Windows explorer.
3. Observe only 23 music files are listed

Upload Attachment

Upvote 0
I also tried installing it from the Paradox launcher, which seems to list "Digital OST" (which it recognises I own) seperate from "Original Game Soundtrack" (which it says I doesn't), and also only allows me access to the 23 songs from the base game.

This differs from Steam, which only has a single item, "Original Game Soundtrack" which it says I own.

How About Looking in \Steam\steamapps\common\Stellaris\dlc and extracting one of the zip Folders there? Usually there the Music files are stored after u install a dlc for stellaris.
I have not the Soundtrack dlc, so i dont know if the mp3 files appear there too.

Yeah so i'm having the same problem. I went to buy the complete soundtrack dlc. The store says i have the complete soundtrack dlc in my stream library. But the game dlc says the digital OTS. Maybe i need to submit a ticket to steam? Because something has gone wrong here.

How About Looking in \Steam\steamapps\common\Stellaris\dlc and extracting one of the zip Folders there? Usually there the Music files are stored after u install a dlc for stellaris.
I have not the Soundtrack dlc, so i dont know if the mp3 files appear there too.

No, those are just the contents of the DLCs. There is only one soundtrack and it is supposed to (and in the past) include the music tracks from all DLCs, whether or not you own them.

This has changed and it currently only offers the tracks from the original game. This is even though it still tells you that you own all of them in View -> Music Details and allows you to attempt to play the files, despite the fact that the files do not exist.

This is likely due to the new way Steam allows you to handle Soundtracks, as a separate item from "DLC".

As another note to this bug report: Previously there were duplicates of the soundtrack from the original game, so there were two sets of all the FLAC/mp3 tracks (so 4 sets of files total - 2 flac, 2 mp3), one in a file structure matching all of the DLC soundtrack files, one separate. Now there is only one; it looks like it may have eliminated all the ones in a file structure matching the (now non-existent) DLC songs.

Ok, solved it. To access MP3 files you need to go Library -> Soundtracks, select the Stellaris OST, "Download Album", and then "Browse Local Files". The files will all be there ("steam\steamapps\music\Stellaris Original Game Soundtrack" in the path). You can't play them in Library -> Soundtracks, but they do show up in View -> Music Player. As a 3rd / 5th entry in music player, at least for me.

This is the version associated with Steam's new "Soundtrack" feature.

There are no FLAC files anymore however.

The steamapps\common\Stellaris\soundtrack\mp3 or steamapps\common\Stellaris\soundtrack\flac are from the Soundtrack "DLC" download, which is likely still there because Paradox never cleaned up their old packages, whether due to Valve rules or whatever:

A little note to Stellaris OST for Nova/Galaxy owners. You will also get all the songs we add in the future. You may find you have extra directories with duplicate original special edition tracks in them, as we have to negotiate with Steam to remove an old pack from a sales bundle; that'll happen as soon as possible and every soundtrack owner will enjoy the same content, and you won't lose anything.

(from this old post about the soundtrack changes back when)

That said:
1. The missing FLAC files are still an issue.
2. Paradox needs to work with Valve to get the all-over-the-place soundtrack files worked out.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So FLAC is not available and it is Paradox responsibility.
I personally waited especially for flac and paid for it.

This is from Steam.

How do I change the music quality?

All soundtracks are available in MP3 format by default. Developers can also choose to support additional levels of quality. You'll automatically install the highest quality format, unless you specify otherwise in your settings.

What music file formats does Steam support?

Currently we support MP3, FLAC, OGG Vorbis, and M4A (both AAC and Apple Lossless) files.

As an update, they have since added in the FLAC files to the Steam soundtrack feature files since the earlier posts in this thread. The location above (steam\steamapps\music\Stellaris Original Game Soundtrack) now has the Flac files as well.

• 1Like
Reactions:
As an update, they have since added in the FLAC files to the Steam soundtrack feature files since the earlier posts in this thread. The location above (steam\steamapps\music\Stellaris Original Game Soundtrack) now has the Flac files as well.

Checked, reinstalled. No Flac unfortunately

Checked, reinstalled. No Flac unfortunately
Hi, can you try re-verifying in Steam and seeing if that downloads the flac files?

EDIT: I've looked into this some more, can you confirm you have "Download high-quality audio files" selected in your Steam settings, as per the below screenshot?

1599033839918.png

Last edited:
Yes, it is turned on. I even did off, restarted steam - all soundtracks redownloaded to lower quality. After that switched the option on, restarted steam, redownloaded all soundtracks I have. BUT Stellaris didn't redownloaded . So all soundtracks which contain Flac (some aif files) - they have it inside. But not Stellaris. This is just very strange...
Uninstalled Soundtrack itself, installed again - no flac. Disabled DLC (OST), enabled, redownloaded - no flac.
From the beginning I bought Galaxy Edition (Digital OST was a part of it). And I have flac in the game folder (soundtrack), but only for 23 base music files.
I remember that there was announcement from Paradox when they told that everyone who bought Digital OST will be updated with all DLCs with flac versions.
And flac was there, I think until Steam changed approach to music.
Maybe it is the reason, like for all Galaxy editions it doesn't work.

Anyway, thank you for help.

Last edited:
Yes, it is turned on. I even did off, restarted steam - all soundtracks redownloaded to lower quality. After that switched the option on, restarted steam, redownloaded all soundtracks I have. BUT Stellaris didn't redownloaded . So all soundtracks which contain Flac (some aif files) - they have it inside. But not Stellaris. This is just very strange...
Uninstalled Soundtrack itself, installed again - no flac. Disabled DLC (OST), enabled, redownloaded - no flac.
From the beginning I bought Galaxy Edition (Digital OST was a part of it). And I have flac in the game folder (soundtrack), but only for 23 base music files.
I remember that there was announcement from Paradox when they told that everyone who bought Digital OST will be updated with all DLCs with flac versions.
And flac was there, I think until Steam changed approach to music.
Maybe it is the reason, like for all Galaxy editions it doesn't work.

Anyway, thank you for help.

Thanks for the update, one last thing I'd like you to try, can you have a look in the "\Steam\steamapps\music\" folder, not the game files?

I do check this every time. I just mentioned about game folder because there are flac files present.

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-09-11 091841.png
    Annotation 2020-09-11 091841.png
    81,6 KB · Views: 0
  • Annotation 2020-09-11 091912.png
    Annotation 2020-09-11 091912.png
    27,2 KB · Views: 0
  • Annotation 2020-09-11 092007.png
    Annotation 2020-09-11 092007.png
    80,6 KB · Views: 0
  • Annotation 2020-09-11 092044.png
    Annotation 2020-09-11 092044.png
    83,9 KB · Views: 0
  • Annotation 2020-09-11 092114.png
    Annotation 2020-09-11 092114.png
    9,2 KB · Views: 0
Reactions:
I do check this every time. I just mentioned about game folder because there are flac files present.

Hey! I've looked into this and as far as we can determine if you've got everything set up as it should be, Steam should have downloaded the flac files. Only further thing I can recommend is to contact Steam's support.