Stella Polaris | Patch 1.13.6 Open Beta [ Checksum 4b5c ]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I fixed everything messy about Turan and Ottoman cores:

TURAN:
View attachment 1062912
a. Karagandy (881), Pavlodar (882), Ufa (651), Kazan (249) and Chuvashia (256) should all be coreable because all are Turkic cores.

View attachment 1062913
b. New Mengkukuo core Ordos (746) misses Turanist assimilation modifier.

View attachment 1062914
c. 2 Finnish cores Petsamo (722) and Aland (145) miss Turanist assimilation modifier.

View attachment 1062918
d. Turanist assimilation modifier doesnt exactly work, as code should be "local_non_core_manpower"

View attachment 1062919
e. I think this idea should also be added to Turan at this point, it was added to Turkestan in later patches and there is literally no reason to not add it to Turan.

OTTOMANS:
View attachment 1062920
a. Ottomans can't core Madinah (679) while coring Arabia through, but it cores Cairo (907) which do not make sense. It also has repeated cores. Right panel should be applied.

View attachment 1062921
b. Ottomans should be able to core Cairo (907) with Khedivate of Egypt decision.

View attachment 1062922
c. Ottomans can core Zara (163) but its hidden from player idk why.

View attachment 1062923
d. Ottomans should be able to core Lebanon (553) while coring all other French cores

View attachment 1062924
e. I added Socotra (906) and Eritrea (550) to Yemen decision as core and claim. Ottomans irl never controlled Socotra but controlled some ports in Eritrea so I think, if not core, claims should be added to both regions for sure.

Please fix issues with Turan and Ottomans, these are only couple of codes that should be replaced not very huge.

Reactions:
No soviet CAS MIO fix? Why the most produced plane of WWII is missing Ilyushin MIO affilation?

Perhaps this discussion about the Ilyushin MIO deserves its own thread.

But given that the Ilyushin MIO was mentioned in this Polaris Patch 1-13-6 discussion, for those who are curious about the Ilyushin MIO, here is a version of the MIO when it is all filled out (filling out the SOV's Ilyushin MIO requires the completion of a SOV national focus and capturing neighboring Riga (Latvia))

1702942323773.png

Note how this Ilyushin Multi-role tactical aircraft is the best submarine detector in the game.

The +30% ground attack makes sense when reviewing the historical record.

But the +20% submarine detection is a bit of a puzzle.

• 2Like
Reactions:
But the +20% submarine detection is a bit of a puzzle.

A bit more historical background about the USSR's submarine detection by air during WW2:

The USSR's air force sank 1 enemy submarine during WW2, according to this website:

1702943105660.png
credit to Qanniqtuq over on the submarine discord for the link to the above statistics.

Note that both South Africa and Brazil accomplished the same feat as the USSR during WW2.

If the game design rules are intended to correlate history with game design, then it would be reasonable to award both South Africa and Brazil the ability to achieve +20% submarine detection with their aircraft Military Industrial Organizations (MIOs).

I admit, I might be missing something and the game designers probably have a better insight than I have. I frequently get confused, and this business about the Ilyushin Design Bureau excelling at naval aviation ASW could be another example of me just not understanding.

Cheers!

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
A bit more historical background about the USSR's submarine detection by air during WW2:

The USSR's air force sank 1 enemy submarine during WW2, according to this website:

View attachment 1064702
credit to Qanniqtuq over on the submarine discord for the link to the above statistics.

Note that both South Africa and Brazil accomplished the same feat as the USSR during WW2.

If the game design rules are intended to correlate history with game design, then it would be reasonable to award both South Africa and Brazil the ability to achieve +20% submarine detection with their aircraft Military Industrial Organizations (MIOs).

I admit, I might be missing something and the game designers probably have a better insight than I have. I frequently get confused, and this business about the Ilyushin Design Bureau excelling at naval aviation ASW could be another example of me just not understanding.

Cheers!
Sometimes the game designers lack logic or knowledge, other times they do their homework very well. The Soviet Union was not a sea power during WWII and they surely don't deserve submarine detection bonus.