Stella Polaris | Patch 1.13.5 Changelog - Checksum f730

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I haven´t played the newest Base-Game-Refit-Version since the first 2 big Base-Game-Refit-Versions 1.11 / 1.12 yet. But the new Dev-Team show that the Game have a lot of Potential left which didn´t get used up to Base-Game-Repair-/Upgrade-Versions from 1.00 to 1.10. I have done an fast insight to look what have been done to the explained Contents / Features.

That this Refits will only go Step by Step incl. Refits from the older DLCs to Up-to-Date-Standard as well as already integrated Content / Features and new importanant ones. And there is a lot more which isn´t Overworked or only very light overworked from the Standard-Base-Game as well as older DLCs on (f. e. R & D in Specials, Economy, Wheeled & Half-Trak Vehicles and so on).

[17:54:03][no_game_date][persistent.cpp:45]: Error: "Malformed token: NO, near line: 3943" in file: "common/country_leader/00_traits.txt" near line: 3943
[17:54:03][no_game_date][persistent.cpp:45]: Error: "Malformed token: No, near line: 7191" in file: "common/country_leader/00_traits.txt" near line: 7191

Please finally fix the case of characters in traits for Linux version.

Reactions:
Is there any plans of fixing/ rewriting some old focuses in the next beta update?
These for example, aren't realty tuned to current systems.

Attachments

• old focus 1.png
    old focus 1.png
    446,4 KB · Views: 0
  • old focus 2.png
    old focus 2.png
    559 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Yes, but only partly...

Yes, you can accumulate up to 30 research days, then start a research with those days with the help of a MIO and the MIO will get funds...but only for the days not being covered by your accumulated research. The stored research days don't yield funds, but they are also not taxed with PP, leading to the situation that for maximizing handed out funds you should try to avoid storing research as much as possible.

I reported it here as bug to allow investigation whether it is really WAD: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ont-yield-funds-and-dont-cost-pp-too.1605675/
I am very used to saving up research days in Nov/Dec due to not wanting to go ahead of time (except tanks/fighters), oh well...
MIO is a good feature but needs polishing

• 1Like
Reactions:
I feel like I'm beating a dead horse by now, but Communist Norway and Communist Denmark after you've couped them will still not join the Scandinavian Defence Union despite my best attempts to stack the odds, unless I get dragged into war from guaranteeing them. I know I've seen mentions that supposedly it's been made easier, but is this only for the Democratic AI, not the AI after being couped?

Attachments

• ScanDefUn1.13.5.png
    ScanDefUn1.13.5.png
    3,4 MB · Views: 0
  • DefUnRfs1.13.5.png
    DefUnRfs1.13.5.png
    3,3 MB · Views: 0
Extremely unhappy with the changes to Norway, especially since I was still trying for the monarchist achievements. I understand wanting to tone back to the political power reward players got since you could just mash on the demonstrations, but to remove that and make it COST political power instead?

Where precisely am I supposed to find 450 political power just to do my tree properly? It's bad enough every state has to suffer a year debuff to building anything useful but this has made monarchist Norway unplayable, the pacing is completely off. Someone who works on this patch has made it their mission to ensure players never get PP for anything ever and it's sincerely anti-fun.
Sounds like a slight overcorrection perhaps. If the decisions went from giving to costing PP, it makes you wonder how well or thoroughly thought out that mechanic/minigame was to begin with so perhaps a more fundamental rework would be in order.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Can Italy/Norway get their original color tag when their 'civil war' ended?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Minor bug: as Germany I see the Finnish version of continuation pop-up after the war with USSR starts. The Allies are defeated, if that is relevant.

Also can we queue up the national focus/spy upgrade/cabinet in the future like with the MIO upgrades? That would be a fantastic QoL improvement.

Please Paradox!
Hi
I must say that AI does not increase amount of naval dockyards for repairing ships.
I saw that World Ablaze mod's AI does.
Please consider fixing this next patch.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I always just set repair dockyards to the maximum number. Repairing a ship takes days or weeks, building a ship can take months or years - getting the damaged ship back into the fight is much more likely to affect the war than building 5% more of a new ship.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Please Paradox!
Hi
I must say that AI does not increase amount of naval dockyards for repairing ships.
I saw that World Ablaze mod's AI does.
Please consider fixing this next patch.
The AI does adjust the number of available dockyards, up to 25% of their dockyard capacity when at peace, and up to 60% at war.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Extremely unhappy with the changes to Norway, especially since I was still trying for the monarchist achievements. [...] Where precisely am I supposed to find 450 political power just to do my tree properly?
The minimum you need is 180 political power to reach level 12 to unlock all of your focuses, that's easily doable, anything after that is just a bonus to get some free divisions. I haven't played monarchist Norway before the patch, but I imagine you could easily reach level 30 and have enough PP to get all the advisors and staff you desired.

I get what you mean, why offer decisions if you can't possibly do them all? But in comparison, the historical path needs 900 PP and the alt-democratic 1120 PP (both were nerfed as well, was 750 PP and 1050 PP pre-patch), and that's just to reach the required level to remove your army debuff (which is only possible before WW2 starts). Double that amount if you want to reach level 30 to get all the goodies. The budget is very tight. This might unfortunately be the way Norway works, being starved for political power, and under these circumstances it doesn't seem too bad for the monarchist path.

Reactions:
The minimum you need is 180 political power to reach level 12 to unlock all of your focuses, that's easily doable, anything after that is just a bonus to get some free divisions. I haven't played monarchist Norway before the patch, but I imagine you could easily reach level 30 and have enough PP to get all the advisors and staff you desired.

I get what you mean, why offer decisions if you can't possibly do them all? But in comparison, the historical path needs 900 PP and the alt-democratic 1120 PP (both were nerfed as well, was 750 PP and 1050 PP pre-patch), and that's just to reach the required level to remove your army debuff (which is only possible before WW2 starts). Double that amount if you want to reach level 30 to get all the goodies. The budget is very tight. This might unfortunately be the way Norway works, being starved for political power, and under these circumstances it doesn't seem too bad for the monarchist path.
It honestly does not sound too fun either. I do wish the debuffs were either removed or that the focus tree didnt require you to play the ‘push button for effect’ minigame to progress, as it gets old quite quickly.

Reactions:
Can some one confirm that Mengkukuo is falling faster again? How in the old days of waking the tiger? I have no idea whats going on? Has the japan ai more priority with garrison? Or is it the new market system? Sale what you don't need? The 3 units of Mengkukuo don't make the cabbage fat either how we in germany say.

From the october 12 after release

1699389590307.png

current patch: as manchukuo i must make debts in china to close and hold the front again china :)

1699389754508.png

Last edited:
I hope that the next DLC will focus on Germany, Austria (+ separate monarchist Mission Trees for Germany and Austria - Deutsches Kaiserreich (DEU) and Austria-Hungary (HAB) would operate as separate TAGs from the current "republican" TAGs) and Japan. I would count on changes in the Government mechanics in such a DLC - in HoI3 the Government was definitely more interesting than in HoI4.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I hope that the next DLC will focus on Germany, Austria (+ separate monarchist Mission Trees for Germany and Austria - Deutsches Kaiserreich (DEU) and Austria-Hungary (HAB) would operate as separate TAGs from the current "republican" TAGs) and Japan. I would count on changes in the Government mechanics in such a DLC - in HoI3 the Government was definitely more interesting than in HoI4.
Japan needs to be a standalone DLC. Hopefully PDX revamps the Pacific War & maybe increases the importance of navy. SEA minors could also get their own focus trees in this.

The focus tree of Japan is a shameful display. It contains so many fillers that give players so few rewards. Like who cares about a “guarantee” with other fascists? Or taking a 70-day focus for a wargoal that I can manually do for ~10 days? Not to mention the lack of bypasses. But more importantly, the exact background & diplomatic buildup before the Pacific War is also poorly handled. In a Japanese game there is NO in-game reason for a war with the US. (And don’t even get me started on the alt-history paths, just fix the historical first.)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Japan needs to be a standalone DLC. Hopefully PDX revamps the Pacific War & maybe increases the importance of navy. SEA minors could also get their own focus trees in this.

The focus tree of Japan is a shameful display. It contains so many fillers that give players so few rewards. Like who cares about a “guarantee” with other fascists? Or taking a 70-day focus for a wargoal that I can manually do for ~10 days? Not to mention the lack of bypasses. But more importantly, the exact background & diplomatic buildup before the Pacific War is also poorly handled. In a Japanese game there is NO in-game reason for a war with the US. (And don’t even get me started on the alt-history paths, just fix the historical first.)
I agree that a separate DLC about Japan would make it possible to add Mission Trees for other Asian countries - and it would make more sense to release the Powers separately from each other.
I will say directly that the current mechanics of the Government are completely unsatisfactory to me. In my opinion, in HoI 4 they should implement the government mechanics known from HoI 3, but with improvements.
It seems to me that a DLC adding immersive Government mechanics (as a separate page) could focus on the German countries: Germany and Austria. Additionally, this DLC would separate monarchist Germany, Austria, Russia, Turkey and France as separate TAGs with their own mission trees. I think this would add even more interesting possibilities than cramming everything into one TAG - after all, these "republics" were separated from the monarchy and were separate countries without state continuity.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hi
Remove toturial(it's 100% useless also youtube videos are best to learn game(this will improve game's channel) instead of it put youtube channel link :just it takes dev team time to keep it up) &1939 scenario(no one plays and same as tutorial takes dev team time instead of improving all game+new content).
I hope dev consider doing these as soon as possible.

Reactions: