• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Combat in Normandy ‘44 takes place at the division level. Rather than selecting a nation, you pick from a number of Allied and Axis divisions that fought in Northern France near the close of the war (though the actual beach landings won’t be included), each with a unique unit roster and play style. Among the names dropped were the US 101st Airborne and the German 12th SS, with England, France, Poland, Canada, and Scotland also represented. Some nations have multiple divisions to choose from, with each falling into a broad category of armored, mechanized, or infantry.

I'm listening....
Beating up the Nazis is a favourite hobby of mine...

German Campaign please.
Too few of those around.

Also,
PLEASE let it be more like R.U.S.E. than Wargame.
R.U.S.E. was fun because it had tempo, an easily understood unit structure and the overarching idea of the cards.
With Wargame i never got quite as warm.
It was kinda fun, especially the bad things well-provisioned infantry could do, but it never was as good for me as R.U.S.E.

I enjoy the Eugen system, and their take on modern warfare. Combining their experiences with that, backed by Paradox, I have good hopes here.

Although with the War game system, I'd always hoped that they'd implement the same system and combine it with Warhammer 40K, but I guess SEGA has a monopoly on that....bastards.

Huh? I don't get it. I don't know these games and the trailer doesn't show anything about the game mechanics. What kind of game is this? Is it like Commandos, Sudden Strike, Hearts of Iron, round based like Jagged Alliance or some kind of Command & Conquer?

Well now, I totally missed that there was a game announcement to look out for. Well, it saved me from being disappointed that it wasn't Vicky 3. Although, with the current policy of not announcing games until they are ready to be released within 6 months there is very little telling of what is in development currently. So many uncertainties.

Wait and see.

Two of my favorite companies... I really can't believe it! Now if we could get Paradox's skill on Grand Strategy/Campaign and Eugen's skill on RTS... we will have one awesome game.

Considering the weakest point of EUGEN's WARGAME was their Solo Player Campaign... Paradox will easily fix this :)

Read the PC Gamer article.
You can choose from numerours divisions (Allied and Axis), all with their own units and presumably 'powers', and then battle them across the Normandy.

Huh? I don't get it. I don't know these games and the trailer doesn't show anything about the game mechanics. What kind of game is this? Is it like Commandos, Sudden Strike, Hearts of Iron, round based like Jagged Alliance or some kind of Command & Conquer?
It'll be a bit like Wargame look it up

Will it be realistic and have one or two hit kills or will the infantry have to be shot 50 times for it to die like in Company of Heroes?