• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I see Red Dragon is on sale on Steam, so after having had it on my wishlist for a long time I finally caved in and bought it today :) . Should be interesting to explore another Wargame series game now that this new title is announced ;) .

It's ok, you guys will be represented in a DLC.

I'm not Russian, Slav, Eastern-European. I'm not even "white". But I have to agree that this Normandy fetish is straight rubbish.

How about Operation Bagration? THE definitive blow to the werhmacht. I can't blame my russian friends for not buying this game.

This rules. Eugene makes some darn good stuff. I've played all the Wargame titles and enjoyed their ground/air combat immensely.

That said, they did screw up ship combat in Red Dragon, to the point where they threw up their hands and decided never to fix them or even give the AI the ability to use them in coastal maps. So I remain somewhat reserved.

But definitely keeping an eye out. Wargame style WW2 theme is right up my alley.

Well no Vicky 3 :(

Atleast this seems interesting, rts is always ..

Lets just hope its not only US vs Germany and that they have other factions in the game. Allies vs Axis only has become fairly boring.
I think Paradox publishing is seperate from Paradox developing and so the actions of the publishing department shouldnt have an effect on the dev team.

I thought the new wine 2.0 was supposed to be a vast improvement nowadays. People still having trouble getting games to work ok on linux? Not trolling, just curious. Haven't used it in a while.
Well WINE doesn't really enter the picture; I myself haven't used it for years.
Most of Paradox games are released natively so I would expect this to be too. Looking forward! :)

As my first substantive comment on this forum, I like to point out that under no circumstances Germany is to be considered "redfor" in color or spirit. THATs racist!!!
Field-greyfor is acceptable.:D

Question : how can i checked if my sign-up worked ?

Huh. This isn't exactly something I expected, but I'm actually quite keen to see what comes of it. I'm a fan of most of Paradox's games and even several of the games they've published. Having played Wargame: EE, I always thought a WWII variation would fit it better, since most of the cold-war era units just one-shot each other from across the map. Hopefully this will make for much more engaging gameplay. And I'm curious to see how input from Paradox will influence the style of the game.

I'm hyped af.
I loved CoH, if for nothing else then for the timeframe, but often felt the scale was too small. I liked Wargame as well, and though the AI was a cheating dumbass, it was still fun when playing with specialized decks with a friend and coordinating pushes and admiring the scale of things.
This seems to combine the two. Take my money already.

Who does the art for the trailers and loading screens. Paradox has the best art work in a game/trailer, and if you have a decent computer you cant even admire it for that long.
Such a shame, I re watch trailers just to view some of the art work.

I know we can't get too many details about the game, but can you at least say how long this has been in development for?

For me, this is crucial - will they have requisition points and reinforcing like in the WARGAME series?

If so - count me out. Less than zero interest.

If your forces are set at the beginning of battle and you only get to use what you bring to the battle - then OH HELL YES!!! I'm talking like the Close Combat series.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease, don't do this base-buliding/requisition point hoarding to buy more and more units like in WARGAME. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!

I know we can't get too many details about the game, but can you at least say how long this has been in development for?

I'd like to know the answer to this too. :)

Since the teaser trailer says "coming 2017", and paradox has been hesitant to release details about games too far from their release since the whole HOI4 and EvW fiasco, we can assume the game will most likely be released sometime before or around Autumn 2017. If we're going by Tyranny's release schedule, it was 8 months between announcement and release. That game was in development for about 2 years.

If we also consider that Eugen's last title was Act of Aggression (released 2015), and their last Wargame title, Red Dragon, was released in 2014 (less than a year after the previous Wargame, Airland Battle, was released), we can make an educated guess that the game must have been in development for at least the past year.

Hopefully we get some more juicy details in the next few weeks. I wouldn't mind some screenshots of German or British units. ;)