• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hosebei

Recruit
54 Badges
Apr 17, 2015
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Semper Fi
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris
Last edited:
Does this mean Eugen's striking out alone (again...?) ?

Personally, I'm sincerely hoping for a coop campaign given the big strategic map that's promised. Let's see how it goes.

I'd like to take credit for this, but I suspect I was just late to the party. Imma preorder this thing.

They're even doing Dynamic Strategic Campaigns!!!! Madmatt, you magnificent bastard!

WWII's Eastern Front with new 'Dynamic Strategic Campaigns' set during Operation Bagration, the massive Soviet offensive that pierced the German line, eventually reaching Warsaw.

These 'dynamic' campaigns are "highly replayable," says Eugen, mapping the details of the battles on a 1:1 scale with 25 maps, over 600 units, a new art direction, "revamped combat," and an updated engine.

"Each turn equals half a day, allowing players to form their strategy and plan their next encounter, while carefully managing their units and supply lines," reads the press release. "Prospective commanders will be able to control entire army corps and subordinate battalions consisting of thousands of men." (Better read up on Soviet Deep Battle.)

Last edited:
Just as long as they don't make one or the other side hideous stereotypes (ahem), we should be fine. :)

Well this game out of nowhere but I suspect that there wouldn't had been that much ideas for Normandy anyway so why not go with completely new set.

Also, motherfucking Hungarians! Huzzah!

Guys, please do it right this time around.
IMO front line game mode needs some polishing and maybe too restrictive division system should be rethought. Don't do the typical Eugen thing of (with good intentions) being too innovative and biting off too much for what you can handle because of that.

European Escalation -> AirLand Battle -> Red Dragon

Steel Division: Normandy 44 -> Steel Division II -> .....

How long you gonna split the already small online of such niched product ?

Make once ONE BIG platform and sell separate campaigns (Normandy, Africa, East Front, Pacific and e.t.c.) as DLC.

Well thats what we hope they did, they are calling it Steel Division 2 not Steel Division:Bagration. Maybe for a purpose?

I really hope people that have SD normandy can play it through this next game, in a seperate match settings of course. (like you can play with other races in dawn of war soulstorm if you have the other games)

It would also leave the game open for plenty of other fronts being added. All the player has to do when creating a match is choose the front he wants to play.

Awesome, just what I hoped for! But no paradox is strange?
I want to know if it will be possible in multiplayer and skirmish to play with all the new sides from steel division 2 and the old sides from steel division 1 toghther. For instance russians vs allies (british and americans) or russians and allies vs germans.

Strange they made a total new SD and it cost me the previous preorder high prices. So it is more a milk cow concept thed make a desent add an/DLC

Never a good stragic layer Wargame had before. The fight was nice but not enough and after a year i payed the full price the game is abondon? It is strange, Paradox did never do that after 1 year en Eugen before to also not, Wargame was most time 2-3 years supported so very big disappointed. They look like the felt out of money by the strikes and now want to get the money of there customers as compensation for the strike?

At last...

The Steel Division game I always wanted.

Germans better use horse drawn carts, as they actually did.

Bad move for eugen. This is the problem with having different fronts for a different game. They're splitting player base to an already small community.

Might boycott this one. It's like they made this for just a quick cash grab, and abandoned the first SD for only a year of support. Very disappointed at eugen right now.