• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(805830)

Recruit
4 Badges
Sep 13, 2013
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
  • Victoria 2
I just wanted to inform relevant staff that I have recently bought and installed this game with the intent of analyzing it as a game design student and having some fun.

However, it appears that the Steam servers are not up and running for Starvoid. I would greatly appreciate it if at least three were open for the variety of play modes.

Thank you!

-Finna the Ludologist

Same here - just received the game as a gift via Steam and see no servers in-game. What a shame...
What's up, Paradox?! Is it a temporary server down (although no message about it in the news column)? If not, why the game is still being sold on Steam?!

It would help if Paradox staff were not entirely absent from this issue. By ignoring the consumer they give the impression that they are denying them this product, which they purchased in good faith. There are also many Steam achievements to win in this game and several of them imply many hours of dedicated play.

This is very similar to the scandal that was Hellgate: London several years ago. There were still ads all over the internet for the game after it's online features were taken down. And the game was still for sale with the promise of online play for months! This decreases consumer confidence and hurts the whole game market.

Paradox is currently making $ off of this game, by selling it on Steam, but it is literally unplayable.

I am NOT complaining about the low player base. I have an extra copy and want to play this with a friend, but it's technically impossible, because it requires the servers to be up. Shame on you Paradox!

2013-10-28_00001.jpg2013-10-28_00002.jpg2013-10-28_00003.jpg2013-10-28_00004.jpg
you can see it

look, all i want is my money back, and Steam Support sent me here

If Steam support sent you here, they are wrong. They took your money and are the ones who can give it back. I'm sorry.

The servers are coming back up now at least.

So are any servers up?

Thank you very much, I'll check it out.

Edit: Yup, was able to check it out, and it could be fun if other folks were on playing too...

It would be fun :/