• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ULLtimir

Recruit
10 Badges
Feb 21, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
g.png

What can i do with this error

Please try this:

- exit the Steam app entirely
- uninstall Paradox Launcher v2 from the Windows "Apps and features" utility, if still present.

Delete the following folders if still present:

- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Paradox Interactive/
- C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Roaming/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2/
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

- run steam.exe as the Windows Admin user

- run HOI4 from the PLAY button in Steam

Good luck with that!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Please try this:

- uninstall Paradox Launcher v2 from the Windows "Apps and features" utility, if still present.

To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

Good luck with that!
Thanks! it works.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Please try this:

Good luck with that!

I did all things you said and it didn't work when I played the game it shown up again

I did all things you said and it didn't work when I played the game it shown up again
That really should fix that problem. Are you sure you deleted all those folders and ran Steam as Admin?

I get "Steam runtime communication error" when i run HOI4 on my mac. The same problem as ULLtimir but on mac
Please delete the ~/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/ folder. To see it go to the Finder, hit command-shift-G (ie Go To) and paste in ~/Library/Application Support/ . Then run the game from the PLAY Button in Steam, to reinstall the launcher.

If that does not get the launcher running, we will need these files from that same folder:

Attach ALL .log files Found here ~/Library/Application Support/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2

Attach them right here please.

Let's try forcing an update of the launcher.

Download the installer package for Windows: https://forumcontent.paradoxplaza.com/emailsignatures/2020.3-mac-prod.zip

Unpack the file you just downloaded and place the three files in the Steam folder for the game you're having issues with. If asked if you want to replace already existing files click "yes" - that's a sign you are in the right place!

Then please repeat the launcher reinstall procedure from before.

Good luck with that!

Could not locate a valid installation of the Paradox Launcher open C:\Users\userl\AppData\Local\Paradox Interactive \launcherpath: The system cannot find the file specified.
Detailed logs can be found at: CAUsers WseMAppData \LocalWaradox Interactive \launcher-v2 \launcher-dowser.log
If the error persists, please contact support at link

It gave me that when I tried to redownload paradox launcher, can you help me?