• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hope there will be a fast solution.
Now i was able to get the Beta Patch by a Friend of a HoI2 Fan Forum.
It will not be enough to give Steam Users a DH Key for downloading the Betapatch.
The DH Patch.exe is not able to finde the DH Steam.exe :(
The only Message I get is that "Darkest Hour is not found".
So we need an Zip Version of the Beta Patch our the Patch exe has to be modified to get it workin with a steam version of DH.

LG Brisk

Last edited:
I hope there will be a fast solution.
Now i was able to get the Beta Patch by a Friend of a HoI2 Fan Forum.
It will not be enough to give Steam Users a DH Key for downloading the Betapatch.
The DH Patch.exe is not able to finde the DH Steam.exe :(
The only Message I get is that "Darkest Hour is not found".
So we need an Zip Version of the Beta Patch our the Patch exe has to be modified to get it workin with a steam version of DH.

LG Brisk
That's too bad... The should follow AOD lead, their manual patches (.zip) work fine with steam version...

The steam argument on these forums is pointless. I post in multiple forums and have never seen a GG bias like the one that exists on here. Obviously with the link between GG and Paradox the fanboys just go insane.

I like Gamersgate better than I like Paradox. I buy all my games from Gamersgate when I can; they have great sales. I've gotten a few games for free with them - what other digital retailer does that? Steam has some good sales too, but its usually like FPS games or steam licensed Indy titles. Steam is a constricting DRM (which, in my case, has locked me out of my account for no reason on my main PC). You have more Paradox games than I do, why am I the Paradox fanboy?

Cause it downloads and installs faster than Impulse or GG? We have our reason, I'm really getting sick of all those infantile anti-steam comments. Nobody is forcing you to use it, stop trying to force people into not using it.
Asking "why?" equals physical force. Of course. I'm wondering why you're so "pro-steam". They wouln't let you register your game and get patches, they messed up. They'll never give you an excuse because they don't have to.

Last edited:
I like Gamersgate better than I like Paradox. I buy all my games from Gamersgate when I can; they have great sales. I've gotten a few games for free with them - what other digital retailer does that? Steam has some good sales too, but its usually like FPS games or steam licensed Indy titles. Steam is a constricting DRM (which, in my case, has locked me out of my account for no reason on my main PC). You have more Paradox games than I do, why am I the Paradox fanboy?

Asking "why?" equals physical force. Of course. I'm wondering why you're so "pro-steam". They wouln't let you register your game and get patches, they messed up. They'll never give you an excuse because they don't have to.
For the sake of conversation I told you why I like steam, you actually quoted that in the message.The difference is I'm not telling anyone they shouldn't use GG, impulse etc. They all have their merits and everyone should you the distribution platform they like, there is no need for unifying and convincing others that their choice is bad.

EDIT> And Steam does not really have DRM. Some games require you to be connected but you can run them in offline mode too. And all Paradox games are DRM free, you can run them without using steam client.

Last edited:
EDIT> And Steam does not really have DRM. Some games require you to be connected but you can run them in offline mode too. And all Paradox games are DRM free, you can run them without using steam client.

There are just some Games in Steam using DRM. Mostly the new games of UBI. Silent Hunter V and The last Settlers Game is using DRM for example but you dont have do by this games if you dont like DRM. I think everybody have to decide for himself if he likes to use STEAM or not. In the first days of Steam i hated it too but today i think that Steam have some comfortable Aspects and now I have over 25 Games in my Steam account and i never got any problems with steam. Also i bought every Game for a unbeatable Price during some Special Offer by Steam!
So HATE IT or LIKE IT!

These things worry me about steam, especially how they can simply revoke your right to play the game at a whim. Please correct me if I am wrong, but that is how I interpreted it in the T&C. I take advantage of the special deals, and if I am not able to buy it so easily on CD.

I have now gotten a list of keys from steam. I'll insert them into the database and then Steam will start to show them. This should be solved soon, sorry about the delay!

Now ther is a Key in Steam for DH!!!!
But ther is also a Problem again :( The Key is one Nummber longer than the Key you can tip in under regestration!
Slowly i get crazy of the lack of professionalism by Steam ^^

Last edited:

I have no issue with people using GG or any other platform. I do not dismiss anyone who uses a different method to my own. However many on here just dismiss everyone who uses Steam and the platform it self because they do not like it. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. You might not like Steam but I do as well as others on here. It has its positives and negatives as I'm sure GG and Impulse do.

Now ther is a Key in Steam for DH!!!!
But ther is also a Problem again :( The Key is one Nummber longer than the Key you can tip in under regestration!
Slowly i get crazy of the lack of professionalism by Steam ^^

Same here, read my post and you see what the "professional" steam support answer me.