• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomdark

Chief Creative Officer
Paradox Staff
61 Badges
Apr 3, 2000
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Roses
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
We plan to release this patch on Monday 16/12. In the meantime, we'd really appreciate your help testing it!

Checksum: WTWH

Right-click on Crusader Kings II in the Steam client, go into the Betas tab and choose to opt into the "beta" branch.

IMPORTANT: Understand that this is a beta. Only do this if you want to help us test patch 2.0.2. We cannot guarantee that it actually fixes what it's supposed to, or that it does not introduce new problems.

When you post bug reports, please make sure to state version number 2.0.2.4 in your report!

UPDATED 2013-12-10: Fixed some reported issues. See the new change log!

UPDATED 2013-12-13 (2.0.2.4): I had planned to release the official version today, but we need some more time to properly test it. There are a few additional fixes in this version.

MAJOR
- Added a "Depose Antipope" Casus Belli
- Added an "Antiking" faction. The leader usurps the liege's primary title, deposes the antipope and passes papal investiture. The Pope can be called into the resulting war.
- Not possible to set up an antipope within 50 years of one being forcibly deposed
- Fixed bug in Linux where the game became totally unplayable if you ALT+TAB
- Now possible to play in Ironman mode with the ruler designer and mods (but you won't get achievements)
- Significantly reduced the amount of event-spawned troops across the board to better reflect the rebalanced levies
- Fixed crash bug in the Mac launcher

MINOR
- West African Pagans can no longer have higher CA than Low
- Fraticelli now get investiture laws
- Waived the non-neighboring rule for theocracy title grants, but made it moddable
- Now allowed to grant one higher-than-duke tier title to a theocracy
- Blocked granting away your capital county if you have moved your capital
- Disallowed revoking and plotting to revoke a title that you just gave to someone
- Antipopes now correctly lose the status if they change religion
- Antipopes now lose their status if their liege is not the same religion
- Fixed some memory and thread safety issues with the trigger 'check_variable'
- Added a blocker flag to first generation Jewish courtiers, preventing conversion demands
- Increased the revolt risk for wrong culture and religion a bit
- Antipopes now have papal clothes
- You now have to be independent to create an antipope
- Added Jewish buildings
- Added Jewish retinues
- Fixed a bug with patricians pressing claims
- Improved the "pagan converts to spouse's/concubine's religion" decisions to work with all heresies
- Mending the schism is also now possible for Orthodox heresies that have taken over and become the main branch
- Tweaked various religious events
- Lowered the mean time to happen for certain story events
- Fixed a bug with the de facto liege of primary holdings
- Now patricians will be picked sometimes when using the random character button
- Added trait "Battlefield Terrain Master"
- Fixed bug where independent characters couldn't be assigned a religious title
- Fixed issue where liege took barony vassals entire county as capital when he didn't own the county
- Fixed missed check for unlanded when usurping title
- Fixed crash bug when looking at religions in game setup
- Corrected Orthodox patriarch name lists
- Added missing reason tooltip for why you cannot make an antipope of a bishop of another religion
- Added missing crusade names for some heresies
- Fixed a bug with the ending of the Shepherds' Crusade
- Fixed some triggers that weren't correctly checking for the Jewish religion group
- Non-Jewish rulers with Jewish councillors can now get some special technology improvement events
- Fixed a very rare crash in combat
- Marriage, betrothal, and concubinage can no longer be arrange while imprisoned
- Fixed bug in the Crusade CB where a courtier could not get the king title he deserved
- There is now automatic peace with rebels if you get a complete victory
- Fixed bug where the unit reorganization window didn't pop up and split of troops was not selected
- Fixed the invasion CB for Muslims so it becomes invalid when the target converts religion
- Fixed bug where a regiment managed to detach itself from its army completely
- City and bishopric rulers can no longer get claims through inheritance
- Corrected several heretic religion descriptions
- Added some missing Fraticelli college of cardinal text
- Added a minimum cap for bottleneck chokepoints
- Fixed crash when randomly jumping around in history.
- Reverted back so levy modifier affects galley count
- The "Holy Smoke" achievement should now work as intended
- The "And Stay Out!" achievement should now work as intended
- Fixed a bug when saving a game that has a religion which has overthrown the parent religion
- Fixed problem where hordes counted as theocracies in the game setup
- Fixed flank leaders being reset when loading saves
- The Ibadi and Hurufi Caliphates and the Yazidi Sheikhdom can now be properly created
- Fixed a bug where rulers of all religions could ask their religious head to start a crusade
- If Catholicism becomes a heresy, "Mending the Schism" is no longer possible

DATABASE
- Made sure the Vikings have enough ships in 867
- Strengthened 867 starting positions for Rurik, Dyre the Stranger and the Khazars
- Added Jewish Khazar names
- Made some minor fixes to male Iberian names

AI
- AI: Adjusted succession marriage reasoning
- AI: Better at calculating odds of victory when attacking
- AI: Should now be more careful about attacking with inferior numbers
- AI: Will now re-raise its forces if current levies are significantly smaller than the potential amount it can raise
- AI: Will now use the Spymaster to suppress factions
- AI: Will now use the Chancellor to improve relations with vassal faction members
- AI: More careful about appointing disgruntled Spymasters
- AI: Will now always honor the terms of an existing betrothal
- AI: Fixed a bug where Catholic rulers would spam the Pope with money requests and bishop nomination requests, spending their Piety
- AI: Really powerful rulers now sometimes create antipopes, even when they are not excommunicated, depending on papal opinions and the number of church loyalist bishops

MODDING
- Triggers are now automatically sorted by their computation complexity so modders won't have to think about it
- Added trigger 'is_recent_grant'
- Exported 'matrilineal_marriages' flag to religion script (no longer hardcoded for Muslims)
- Exported 'can_have_antipopes' flag to religions (now decoupled from 'investiture')
- Added event target 'betrothed'
- Added history command 'add_matrilineal_spouse'
- Added trigger 'is_married_matrilineally'
- Added support for the 'player_allow' trigger in factions
- Added a configuration "mp_max_lead_days" which is defaulted at 7, this prevents the server from progressing more than a week ahead of the slowest player
- Added do_not_disturb character flag to help optimize triggers and lock character availability for journeys, feasts etc
- Added any_claimant effect
- Fixed error with character and province event effect where they could not trigger cause they missed a trigger
- Added a new -debugscripts command line option that will output our internal asserts of the triggers and effects so modders can see what went wrong with their scripts
- Added EVENT_TROOPS_SIZE_MULT define as a global multiplier on match_mult
- Fixed an issue with namespaces and how delayed event ids are saved
- Fixed so duplicate entries of a character's ID won't create duplicate characters.
- Added BOTTLENECK_CHOKE_TROOP_CAP in defines which defaults to 300
- The 'intermarry' option in religions now works between religion groups as well
- Retinues are now scripted with a 'potential' trigger rather than simple culture and culture_group fields
- Added has_regiments trigger.

INTERFACE
- Fixed bug where province view was toggled when siege ended
- Now the checkbox for auto invite plots displays correctly

Last edited:
Looks great, but is it just me, or have you not addressed the bug with Jewish Great Holy Wars ending in instant white peace? (I don't know if this is a problem for other religions, but I guess it is a problem for any religion, who do not have a landed religious head).

Sweet changes, as always :D

What about AI going on a Pilgrimage? From what I understand, it currently doesn't use that decision and it would be good if at least Zealous+Diligent characters took it (slothful and cynical ignoring it completely)

Any chance you could add culture buildings and retinues to the Roman culture too?
And more importantly, the fact that Hellenic Romans cannot form the Roman Empire or have Roman events.

Looks great, but is it just me, or have you not addressed the bug with Jewish Great Holy Wars ending in instant white peace? (I don't know if this is a problem for other religions, but I guess it is a problem for any religion, who do not have a landed religious head).

I'd need more specific info, preferably a test case.

Please look into the problem of non christian patricians being unable to arrange marriages. it is just a small bug, but is preventing me from having a Jewish and hellenic republic game that i ever so desire to play.

I had that problem too! Are we supposed to be landing our religious head to prevent that from happening?

Launcher is crashing for me with this beta (the part where you can select dlc & mods), unable to even test the actual game. Vanilla install, no modification other than official dlc installed. I'm unable to end the process and am left with Ck2.exe and Ck2game.exe running in the background after it's crashed, after restarting the pc I was able to revert to 2.0.1 and everything worked again but then when I tried to reapply the beta patch the crash was reproduced. Am I the only person experiencing this?

update: Just did a clean install of CK2 and crash still occurs when using the 2.0.2.2 beta patch

update2: This is error report windows is throwing at me when it crashes

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: ck2.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 52a5c6ff
Fault Module Name: steamclient.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 52a21fb2
Exception Offset: 384f0d41
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: ac38
Additional Information 2: ac387466df76c7f98f034212b24686d7
Additional Information 3: 23ca
Additional Information 4: 23cafe810bbb46d87a7f0938a06eb3ea

Last edited:
- Added a "Depose Antipope" Casus Belli
- Added an "Antiking" faction. The leader usurps the liege's primary title, deposes the antipope and passes papal investiture. The Pope can be called into the resulting war.
(...)
- Significantly reduced the amount of event-spawned troops across the board to better reflect the rebalanced levies
Heck, yeah. Now we're talking! Better antipopes and rebalanced armies? You just made my day.
Does that mean the Khazars get both a religious and a cultural one, or just the religious one?

Depose Antipope CB and Antiking faction!

Awesome!

Launcher is crashing for me with this beta (the part where you can select dlc & mods), unable to even test the actual game. Vanilla install, no modification other than official dlc installed. I'm unable to end the process and am left with Ck2.exe and Ck2game.exe running in the background after it's crashed, after restarting the pc I was able to revert to 2.0.1 and everything worked again but then when I tried to reapply the beta patch the crash was reproduced. Am I the only person experiencing this?

update: Just did a clean install of CK2 and crash still occurs when using the 2.0.2.2 beta patch

update2: This is error report windows is throwing at me when it crashes

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: ck2.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 52a5c6ff
Fault Module Name: steamclient.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 52a21fb2
Exception Offset: 384f0d41
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: ac38
Additional Information 2: ac387466df76c7f98f034212b24686d7
Additional Information 3: 23ca
Additional Information 4: 23cafe810bbb46d87a7f0938a06eb3ea

I'm having this too, on W7 64-bit also. Although I don't even get a crash message -- it loads two CK2.exe's and a CK2game.exe. One of the CK2.exe's goes up to about 150MB memory usage before disappearing; the other processes are left as seemingly phantom entries in the task manager that can't be terminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.