• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Guys, I just wanted to let you know that we bring up the issue of keys and steam on almost a daily basis. We're doing what we can to remind steam of their importance. But the bottom line is that they have to do a bunch of extra work so you guys can register the game over here.

That doesn't exactly vitalize them into action.

But I'll shoot an email to the people in charge and mention that a lot of you guys are saying "Will by from [insert 3rd party] instead since steam doesn't give me the key"

/s

Guys, I just wanted to let you know that we bring up the issue of keys and steam on almost a daily basis. We're doing what we can to remind steam of their importance. But the bottom line is that they have to do a bunch of extra work so you guys can register the game over here.

But I'll shoot an email to the people in charge and mention that a lot of you guys are saying "Will by from [insert 3rd party] instead since steam doesn't give me the key"

/s

Well, thanks for trying, at least.

Thanks Shams ! We understand that there are only a few things that PI can do against such a mega-site (characterization referring only to financial considerations) and we are glad to see you actually try standing by us.
I believe it is that spirit, why most of us here stand by PI all these years...

/s

Thanks.

Last email I sent to steam about CD Keys had them saying that they can't predict when they will release a new game.

I replied saying that I have been without a CD key for a game that has been released for four months. Hope you help them get their response in order...

WOW, still no cd-keys? There are 3 other Paradox games I own on Steam and don't have cd-keys either. (Lead n' Gold, East India, Penumbra)

So thats a total of 4 games I own and cannot register here, I am sure there's a few more?

This is lame to say the least, cmon Steam WTF is the hold up?

Last edited:
Hmmm, it's funny I just read on Blue's News yesterday that they are renaming the game "The Kings' Crusade" (dropping the Lionheart part). Open Steam today and it's already renamed!

It took 2 months for the preorder dlc, we're still waiting for cd-keys, and they can instantly get the name updated in Steam. Is this some kind of joke? The game still crashes after the first mission for me. I'm not buying any dlc for this junk.

Way to prioritize, Paradox...

Someone's priorities are indeed mixed, but i doubt its Paradox's. I believe the whole problem has to do with Steam and their indifference to their customer basis, about anything besides the original sale...After all, their "complete" Paradox pack, generated hundreds of s/n issues :( . And they just dont care...

Yeah, probably. If Steam can change the name of the whole game listing, than sending out cd-keys shouldn't be too hard.

I should have posted that in the crash bug thread since that's my main concern at this point. I'd like to actually play the game before considering new dlc releases (which the name change is possibly related to). I don't know if there's any other workarounds for that crash except the end mission cheat.

But, if I had a cd-key I could access the tech support forum here to check... :(

Is it really that hard for steam to distribute cd keys for Paradox games? I too have several paradox games I would like to register but don't seem to have a cd key for on steam.

EDIT:
Well I created a help ticket on Steam Support for missing CD keys. We'll see how it goes.

EDIT:
Here was steam's response:

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello Scott, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. Not all games require CD keys and these are among those games so you will never receive a CD Key for them. If you have any further questions please let me know.

So I would say no chance of getting those keys.

Last edited:
After a month of waiting, Steam finally had the grace of giving us our serial numbers...And they are working too! Wow....

Wow, all present and correct now, and only about 3 months late :)