• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Me too. Sucked in by the promising idea and dlc. Was looking for a Total War alternative, but this clearly isn't it. Has potential, but I need to see more than one battle. And I've been holding off trying the other campaign (which I hear is more stable) since I like to play beginning to end as intended.
Oh well, I'll continue waiting for some kind of news... since I really don't have a choice.

Well, tried to get things moving over there at Steam, but no success yet. Created a support account to ask about this and got a reply that there is no cd-key for this game and it is not needed. But apparently there is a hidden support forum here (like for other games here) and we have no way to access it. If the game didn't crash out after the first mission every time I'd probably just forget about it and move on, but considering the state of the game, and paying full price for it, I'm not giving up yet.

Still waiting for a reply from steam about the dlc. I don't know why since the game doesn't work anyway...

But in the meantime, couldn't Paradox allow us to see the tech support forum at least?

Well, I'm running out of hope.

Steam support tells me right click on your game in steam, view downloadable content, be happy. But like everyone else with the steam version it says: "You currently have no downloadable content for this game."

They are clueless over there. I guess you can only ask one question at a time since they only reply to the first sentence of your message.

If nothing else maybe this will dissuade others from purchasing this through Steam since it's not receiving support.

I am currently up to about the 5th response from steam support. The first 4 were them thinking of different ways of asking have you turned it off and on yet?

I then reminded them of the importance of precontractual negotiations forming binding conditions in a contract for sale of goods under the SGA '79. And therefore the fact that they didn't release the DLC in November puts them in breach of contract with all of their preorder customers. They haven't quite worked out how to respond to that yet...

Well maybe our combined forces have finally pierced their thick skulls. I got a response from steam support saying "We are currently investigating this issue" instead of telling me I don't know how to use Steam again. This was to my question about just the dlc. They don't seem to read past the first sentence, so I only ask one simple question at a time!

*crosses fingers*

Hah! You're probably right! I remember reading somewhere that they don't work weekends anyway (at least they don't update things in Steam), so I'm not holding my breath.

i got same problem as you guys even with the boxed version of the game..some runtime error pops up when clicking ok after i finished the first battle. this game has been out for a few months and they still havn't fixed the problem yet? whats going on. I can't even register my game on this forum because my cd key is too long :(

I should have read this thread first i guess... I got fooled and bought Lionheart on Steam, and i was not given a key either :( It was my first game from Steam and probably my last, never should have left GG. But seriously, can't they be pressured by Paradox? They are selling a full Paradox package right now for an extremely low price right now. I am afraid many people will buy it and never get to register the games. And guess what board will get flooded then...

I should have read this thread first i guess... I got fooled and bought Lionheart on Steam, and i was not given a key either :( It was my first game from Steam and probably my last, never should have left GG. But seriously, can't they be pressured by Paradox? They are selling a full Paradox package right now for an extremely low price right now. I am afraid many people will buy it and never get to register the games. And guess what board will get flooded then...

Yep, bought the game by the pack, no key. Also no key for several others (EIC, EL, Crusaders, Commander, HoI2 Arma / Anthology, L&G, SSE, Penumbra BP and Supreme Ruler 2020) I probably am forgetting a few as well.

That pack is why I'm posting in this topic. This isn't the only game that doesn't have a CD key from that pack.

So i was right sadly :( I can't believe how inefficient they are...Maybe we should make a mass appeal to our guys here in Paradox. Even if they can't help us now, they could put pressure on Steam. This can't be good for PI...Ok, i admit i was lured by the low price and bought Lionheart from Steam, but that sure is not a reason to be treated like that. Imagine the people who just bought a whole bunch of PI games, they will be furious...

Current response from steam (email conversation 20 :) )

Hello,

A staff member has replied to your question:

Hello Freddie, We apologize for this inconvenince, but we will not be releasing some of the desired until January. Once we publish the content you should be able to activate the DLC. If you have any further questions, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.

Riiiiiight.... Oh for crying out loud, what kind of a store is that? I am certainly never buying anything else from them. Just to compare, i had once purchased AoD on GG. Don't even ask how, but i had managed to actually buy two copies of the game by mistake. I sent them an email on the spot (late evening), and the issue was resolved by mid morning the next day. The good people at GG had refunded my second purchase (though they were not in fact obliged) in whole and without any fuss. That is customer service. Now, if only Steam could take some notes from those guys....