[Steam] "blight parasite" hits above, Poison excretion does not hit below

[Steam] "blight parasite" hits above, Poison excretion does not hit below

• Pre order now!

Paradox Development Studio brings you the sequel to one of the most popular strategy games ever made! Crusader Kings III is soon upon us and you can pre order it today!

Releasing September 1st 2020

K_raider_NL

Recruit
2 Badges
Jun 26, 2020
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
This may be entirely intentional but I noticed an inconsistency with certain mods that cause units to burst out with poison at the end of a turn.
I tried to use the Kir'ko Poison excretion mods on flying units but was disappointed to see that it would not affect ground units.
I didn't think it was a bug at first, but that same game a similar effect on a Hopperhound affected an Unleashed.
In the attached screenshot the Hopperhound Blademaw has a mod that infects adjacent units with Blighted Plague. (Second slot, I forgot the name) It damaged and infected the Unleashed hovering over the adjacent hex.
It might not techinally be a bug, but I think it is a very inconsistent interaction. The mods might not be identical but they do use the same graphic. Active abilities have clear descriptions about what targets are affected but for these passive effects it is not always as clear.20200716225502_1.jpg

Jordi Engel

General
Feb 18, 2019
Hey Raider, I asked around as to why this is the case. The assumption is that Explosions only apply on the dead unit's layer, the Marauder Mod 'Plague Carrier' is a exception here as it's largely equipped on Flying Marauders so to keep the mod worthwhile on those units it was changed, for that mod, to apply to both layers.