• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomdark

Chief Creative Officer
Paradox Staff
61 Badges
Apr 3, 2000
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Roses
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
Since the Swedish vacation season is about to hit, I've just uploaded a relatively small Steam beta patch for those of you who want to help us iron out bugs. Regrettably, it is not available for the GamersGate version of the game but if all goes well, an official version of the patch will be released late next week.

Remember that this is a BETA patch; we make no guarantees about save game compatibility, stability, etc. (Though it should not turn your computer to radioactive slag!!)

INSTALLATION: Right-click Crusader Kings II in your Steam library, select Properties, and under the "Betas" tab, select Open Beta Patch v1.103b.

As per usual, report any bugs in the Bug Reports forum. Here's the blurb:

v1.103b (MTDE)

INTERFACE:
- Fixed incorrect AI reasoning text string "X is my lover"
- Fixed a tooltip bug in the effect 'gender_succ'
- Corrected some text bugs
- It is no longer possible to start building Theodosian walls outside of Constantinople
- Wikipedia links should now work on Linux

GAMEPLAY:
- Changed the way levies reinforce (to fix a rounding bug.) This will overall reduce levy reinforcement rates a bit.
- Tech spread no longer gets stuck at 5
- Patricians with no landed holdings now correctly get some random courtiers (which they can, for example, marry)
- Euboia is no longer "Ocean" terrain
- You can no longer become a truce breaker from failed imprisonments or title revokations, or wars from events, plots or factions
- 867: Gave Almos, the ruler of the Magyars, and his son Arpad scripted traits
- 867: Slightly strengthened the initial Magyar army
- Kingdoms with a king can now also de jure drift into empires
- Independent kingdoms can no longer drift out of their de jure empires
- Added Zoroastrian Crusade target weights to appropriate titles
- Human played vassals of the Magyars now get to keep their Ukrainian lands when Hungary forms
- Added level three Castle Fortifications to Constantinople
- Boosted the heavy infantry morale bonus given by the Aztec Jaguar Warrior Lodge
- Fixed a crash with deleted characters in a title's previous holder list
- The Seljuks now appear a bit further south, in Dashhowuz rather than Kyzylorda

AI:
- Fixed a bug where patrician AI would go braindead for a long time after resign/reload
- Fixed an issue where, in many cases, under Gavelkind the AI would not create a second duchy even to form a kingdom
- Fixed a bug in the diplo AI where it would consider other lowborn characters to be its own dynasty
- Tweaked cross-religion Pagan marriage acceptance

As much as I appreciate the updates, could you please slow down? The updates are coming thick and fast, and it's bad enough that I've given up modding for now because most of my attention is devoted to keeping up with updates instead of actually working on the mod. So please slow down with the updates, please?

Anyway, it'll be good to finally not have to abstain from forming kingdoms to make them de jure.

As much as I appreciate the updates, could you please slow down? The updates are coming thick and fast, and it's bad enough that I've given up modding for now because most of my attention is devoted to keeping up with updates instead of actually working on the mod. So please slow down with the updates, please?

Anyway, it's good to finally not have to abstain from forming kingdoms to make them de jure.

We'll slow down when this patch level is finalized.

Anyway, it'll be good to finally not have to abstain from forming kingdoms to make them de jure.

a new expansion came out, of course there are going to be lots of updates, give it some time and it will settle out, imo, bring on the updates

a new expansion came out, of course there are going to be lots of updates, give it some time and it will settle out, imo, bring on the updates
+1 Great work Doomdark and team!

I can see it from the modders point of view though, it does make it a pain for some people, but all in the name of progress towards making this a better game then it already is! :)

- Kingdoms with a king can now also de jure drift into empires
- Independent kingdoms can no longer drift out of their de jure empires

Gnnnhhhhh. As if empires weren't stable and powerful enough. >_>

I concur. With your typical AAA publishers, fixes have to be coordinated across multiple platforms and are subjected to lengthy certification processes, ensuring that new non-DLC content is virtually nonexistent and that certain issues remain unresolved for months. PDS, in contrast, delivers timely, substantial updates to their flagship products, adding new features and resolving issues with the agility of an unladen goshawk -- and that positively has to stop. Let's restore the status quo ante pannus!

I concur. With your typical AAA publishers, fixes have to be coordinated across multiple platforms and are subjected to lengthy certification processes, ensuring that new non-DLC content is virtually nonexistent and that certain issues remain unresolved for months. PDS, in contrast, delivers timely, substantial updates to their flagship products, adding new features and resolving issues with the agility of an unladen goshawk -- and that positively has to stop. Let's restore the status quo ante pannus!
Sarcastic much? :glare::p

When a patch introduces bugs, its important to fix them quickly.

We cant play with things like Truce Breaker traits appearing out of nowhere...

MTDE Checksum?

Also has anyone elses graphics cards actually starting to heat up? My laptop usually just idles with CK2, but recently after patch(and driver update) it has begun to work constantly and seems to be getting hot. Might do a driver rollback or something...

When a patch introduces bugs, its important to fix them quickly.

We cant play with things like Truce Breaker traits appearing out of nowhere...

Not a great example - that issue was around pre 1.10. That said, there are a lot of other changes there that would have been consistently irritating.

Status
Not open for further replies.