Steam Achievements not working and the game does not show up on my Paradox account

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

hubert_humphrey

Private
46 Badges
Oct 26, 2019
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II
I think I know what the problem is- I've purchased the Steam key from a third party seller. In the launcher, I am logged into my Paradox profile as well. I've also bought two DLC recently, the Heirs of Alexander DLC and the Epirus content pack, but they function fine, although, once again- no achievements. What's strange is that my copies of Crusader King II & III work fine with achievements, but they don't show up on my Paradox account either, for the reason above, most likely.

Any advice on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated

You can ignore what you see in the My Games page, it's pretty broken at present but does not affect anything else.

All that matters is what games are your Steam Library (to play) and in your forum Owned Items list.

It should not matter where you got the key from as far as achievements go, although if it was not from an authorised reseller that's a pretty serious mater in its own right

What version and checksum do you see in the MP lobby?

I don't know exactly what I did. But I did unlock achievements. I can see them from within the game and in my steam library. I'm currently on the 2.0.3 (Marius) with the MP Checksum: 8417. Maybe it was because I was playing on a Beta version for a specific run I was doing. BTW, can I ask about a certain issue I'm having with completing a mission tree? Or should I save that for another thread?

If you feel it is a tech support issue, sure. If a bug then bug reports, if a gameplay question then the main forum please.

Okay, so I am definitely having a glitch with this: there is this prisoner who was locked up in my own jail causing instability. But it looked like he was duplicated when I searched through my characters. He was part of some revolt and when it was done, I started to get the penalty. So I released him, and it looks like the dupe did the same, but he still counted as being in prison. Now he's dead and I'm still getting the hit to my stability. Is there anything I can do about this?

I don't know enough about the gameplay of this game to say, I'm sorry - I don't actually play it.

I guess I'd suggest you post in the the main forum here and attach the affected save file there. If the gameplay experts there feel it's likely to be a bug, then again in the Bug Reports forum.

Thanks and all the best!