• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's good to hear something is happening.

I typically buy Paradox games I'm interested in early in the running because I know they will receive good support. It's a twofold reason: I trust any problems will be fixed, and I want to reward the customer focused attitude. I've been doing this since CK, every title except the HOI series because I'm not interested in WWII, and I don't want that to change.

Hi guys,

Johan brought this to our attention some time ago and we have done some digging and I believe there has been a glitch in communication from our end = publishing. The status now is that all portals who do not have the 1.2 patch have received it and a push from our sales team to update it. Someone asked for the .rar file of the patch, which can be found here http://patches.gamersgate.com/ForTheGlory12.exe. However, that won’t solve the issue for those who have purchased the game on Steam for instance. Any portal creating their own installers like Steam, needs to have the patch provided via their systems to work.

I’d like to make a couple of clarifications:

1. This has taken longer than necessary/customary and for that I apologies, we should have known something wasn’t quite right when the upload was delaying. And when I say we – I mean the sales team. Johan doesn’t control the process beyond submitting the files to us.
2. We can’t tell Steam, Impulse & Co what to do any more than we can tell EB Games, WalMart & Co what do to. We can make sure they have the material in timely manner, we can suggest and sometimes call in favors but they have their priority list just like any other companies. When they are busy, they’ll always prioritize the big selling games over those (in comparison) with very modest sales. Even so they are usually very good to us thanks to the relationship we’ve built with them and even though a patch can delay it’s usually uploaded a lot quicker than in this case.
3. We are shutting down the “Europa Engine Project” after we’ve released the games currently in the pipe line. The idea in theory was great, allowing really talented mod teams to create commercial projects for the community, the reality proved it was a bit more challenging for all involved (producers, the developers, sales team, download portals). I’m the first to admit that we don’t always get everything right but when we don’t, we try to fix it. Overall it’s been a great learning experience to work with all these teams who can now call themselves “published game developers” and it’s resulted in some really great games that have enriched the community. And we’ll continue looking at ways that we can work with our mod teams also in the future.

Kind regards
Susana Meza

as per your part 3, what does this actually mean to FTG players and modders who have created mods hanging off FTG, ......what kind of updates for the future, similar to the old AGCEEP forums or ....

Thanks! I'm ready to be patient since Steam still has to get the update through their process now that we know Paradox has nudged them about it. And because my copy of Phil Eklund's "High Frontier" ought to be on my doorstep today. :)

However, the "ForTheGlory12.exe" file isn't what we've been asking for- that's the restricted executable patch. What I'd like to get is a plain archive of the updated files like some other patches I've seen here. For example, I also have bought HOI3+SF through Steam, and the 2.03c beta patch is available as a 7z file with a new executable and updated data files. The Arsenal of Democracy 1.05 release patch is also just a RAR file, and that's perhaps more to the point as AoD is also a Europa Engine game. If that's not technically or legally possible for FTG, that's the way it is, but we'd like to know.

It has arrived on Impulse.

Good work.

Thanks for the feedback glad Paradox is still doing a good job. Now looking forward to playing it (after I finish with EU3... got tempted during the wait)

If this is still a problem for anyone I'd try to get InnoUnpacker (e.g. innounp035.rar) or UniExtract to extact the .exe patch. Then you can install the files manually.
http://innounp.sourceforge.net/

Last edited:
Still nothing on Steam :(

Nearly 2 weeks and still nothing on steam.

Anyone got a steam support account, and willing to ask them what's happening?

Rejoice!, for the patch has arrived on Steam :p

FINALLY! I honestly didn't belive the patch would ever arrive on Steam. So, thanks to everyone involved.

At last! Thank you.

Now to try and remember how to play. I've forgotten everything. :p

There was no news item for it, but your game should have been patched automatically (unless you've unchecked the "keep the game up to date" thing). It's a very small patch, so you might not have noticed it.