• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Let's hope this works. I'm tired of feeling like a child with my nose pressed against the toyshop window, looking at the neat stuff inside but unable to touch.

Paradox is one of very few companies I trust will support a game as far as it needs. It's a valuable part of their reputation IMO and I don't want to have to degrade them to the 'everybody else' category along with the countless companies who do the bare minimum.

Score!

Just recieved this off Paradox!

Hi Lee!

Thank you for your e-mail,
we are now currently investigating why the patch is not available on all digital download portals.

I want you to know that we have provided the patch to all our digital download partners and asked them to provide it to their customers.

And we have contacted them all and reminded them as well,
so please do not think that we do not care about our gamers.
We do care about our gamers and of course we want everyone to have access to a game as good as possible.

All the best,
XXXX/ Paradox Interactive

Damn should have done what you did rather than PMed Fredrick

*wait*

In all honesty folks your only remedy is to bother Steam until they get around to publishing the patch, or ask for your money back and go get the game from Gamers Gate where there are no such problems.

In all honesty folks your only remedy is to bother Steam until they get around to publishing the patch, or ask for your money back and go get the game from Gamers Gate where there are no such problems.

Can't get our money back from Impulse. This is not covered by any refund policy. I have talked to their helpdesk and they say they will get around to it as they have many smaller games on their list for QC. It shouldn't take this long though and I've mentioned it to them but my help ticket is flagged as complete so I guess they didn't care.

I might add that they have released updates for Arsenal of Democracy and EU3 with only a slight delay compared to gamers gate or the forums.

I hate to bring this up, but due to this situation I will do it. When this delay happened as well to patch 1.1, I remember a user explaining a way to install the patch given by Paradox here in the forums in Impulse and Steam versions. We were supposed to edit the patch file with some kind of editor that we can get on the Internet. Anyone familiar with this process? By this time, I guess we deserve this workaround.

True, it should work as a .rar. I got the 1.5 patch for AoD like that for my Steam version and it worked perfectly.

Since the first approach seems to have failed, I guess we should be thinking of doing something like that. Now I remember this question of the rar file has already been brought up, which led to MM contacting Paradox about this. Maybe we should be more direct in asking for the rar to Paradox? Or MM asking permission, which one is better.

Hi guys,

Johan brought this to our attention some time ago and we have done some digging and I believe there has been a glitch in communication from our end = publishing. The status now is that all portals who do not have the 1.2 patch have received it and a push from our sales team to update it. Someone asked for the .rar file of the patch, which can be found here http://patches.gamersgate.com/ForTheGlory12.exe. However, that won’t solve the issue for those who have purchased the game on Steam for instance. Any portal creating their own installers like Steam, needs to have the patch provided via their systems to work.

I’d like to make a couple of clarifications:

1. This has taken longer than necessary/customary and for that I apologies, we should have known something wasn’t quite right when the upload was delaying. And when I say we – I mean the sales team. Johan doesn’t control the process beyond submitting the files to us.
2. We can’t tell Steam, Impulse & Co what to do any more than we can tell EB Games, WalMart & Co what do to. We can make sure they have the material in timely manner, we can suggest and sometimes call in favors but they have their priority list just like any other companies. When they are busy, they’ll always prioritize the big selling games over those (in comparison) with very modest sales. Even so they are usually very good to us thanks to the relationship we’ve built with them and even though a patch can delay it’s usually uploaded a lot quicker than in this case.
3. We are shutting down the “Europa Engine Project” after we’ve released the games currently in the pipe line. The idea in theory was great, allowing really talented mod teams to create commercial projects for the community, the reality proved it was a bit more challenging for all involved (producers, the developers, sales team, download portals). I’m the first to admit that we don’t always get everything right but when we don’t, we try to fix it. Overall it’s been a great learning experience to work with all these teams who can now call themselves “published game developers” and it’s resulted in some really great games that have enriched the community. And we’ll continue looking at ways that we can work with our mod teams also in the future.

Kind regards
Susana Meza

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that the Europa Engine Project is going to be ended. Will MichaelM still have access to the source code? Have you considered releasing the code as open source (maybe not relevant as FtG was released only a year ago)?

Good to hear that the Steam/Impulse users will get the patch soon.