• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Paradox said that a) they did indeed send the patch out and tell people they could release it, and b) it's not worth their time to bug anyone about it. So if anyone is going to bug Valve and Impulse about it, it will have to be you guys.

b) it's not worth their time to bug anyone about it. So if anyone is going to bug Valve and Impulse about it, it will have to be you guys.
That confirms my suspicions... So, great news for us: we are being ignored not only by Impulse/Steam, but also by Paradox! How great is that!? :rolleyes:

Thanks MM for taking your time with this. I, for one, will continue to wait patiently.

Great communication all round then by the publisher.

The really irritating thing is that Impulse did the same thing with Galactic Civilizations 2, taking months to upload the patch and blaming the publisher.

I reopened my ticket with Steam about the patch release and got this reply:
"Hello Scott, The patch would have been immediately released over Steam if the requirements previously listed had been met by the publisher. If you have any further questions, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you."

So it's hard to see where the gremlins got into the communications. Would it be at all possible to get a manual (zip/rar) release of the patch so us DIY sorts can enjoy the fixes?

It is an awful shame, indeed. Paradox's reply was somewhat infuriating, though. I suppose that if it isn't worth their time to "bug anyone" about a game patch, then it's not worth my time and money to support Paradox by buying their titles, especially now that I know they're unwilling to support their paying customers.

I have a very hard time trying to understand these company policies where they ignore their costumers without any ceremony, remorse or whatever. It's really confusing to me, how can someone be so negligent and contemptuous towards their clients. Sure, FtG is a drop of water in an ocean that is Paradox sales, but isn't it also a Paradox title? Doesn't that put it in the same level of EU3 or Victoria 2? Yes, it can be infuriating, like Faldrath said...

Great communication all round then by the publisher.

The really irritating thing is that Impulse did the same thing with Galactic Civilizations 2, taking months to upload the patch and blaming the publisher.

But if memory serves the owner of Impulse also own the publisher of Gal Civ 2.

Paradox said that a) they did indeed send the patch out and tell people they could release it, and b) it's not worth their time to bug anyone about it. So if anyone is going to bug Valve and Impulse about it, it will have to be you guys.

Nothing on you personally, MM, but this is an incredibly rude behaviour. Only because few people bought this game, it doesn't mean they did not PAY for it. I paid 20 bucks, in the beginning: had I bought FtG on Steam, I probably would be borderline enraged. You sold it, you support it. They are YOUR business.

Its marketing 101. You listen to your customers especially after you have created a forum for them to discuss issues. I don't understand why a 10 minute job isn't worth their time? Customer care and brand loyalty?

Why feel sorry for the moderators, this an external comapny doing it? Whats the point of moderation if they aren't going to be feeding back to the comms and sales teams. But then what would I know, we are just all young nerds.

Okay, this irritates me. I own FTG on Steam, so I have to bug Paradox? Steam? I am really confused as it seems that each one blames the other.

However, I am really disappointed by Paradox (and Steam?) and I am sure not going to buy any game from them again if this issue isn't resolved in a satisfying way.

MichaelM, thanks for making a great game. Sorry it's ended up like this; it's not your fault.

I have to say I am deeply disappointed by this; I expected far better from Paradox. If they do not think it worth their time to sort this out for their customers, why should I take it on faith that the same thing will not happen again in the future?

Is resubmitting the patch file really so difficult? The file's already constructed. Steam's answers make it clear that bugging them won't help - if they say they do not have the file (for whatever reason, even if they lost it) then they cannot put it up. Besides, it is not my job to pester Steam and I don't like the suggestion that my time is somehow worth less than Paradox's. I paid them, not vice versa.

I only brought FtG from steam because I couldn't afford the full price as I was in the middle of buying a house. I wanted to support the game because I enjoyed the demo and liked the principle; Steam was offering it for half price, so I got it from there even though I don't like Steam much. It was the only way I could give it a sales stat during the early days. Bad decision: it's left me with a game I haven't played in months and likely won't again. I'm not buying a second copy of the game so I can play it as it should be, and I can't bring myself to play the current version knowing how much it is missing.

The situation leaves such a bad taste I passed up buying Arsenal and HoI2 complete last week when they went on sale, both games I've had on my wishlist for months. If my FtG is still missing 1.2 when EUIII's next expansion rolls around I will be thinking long and hard about whether to buy. I have also stopped recommending FtG to others.

Does anyone have the email address of someone contactable at Paradox or failing that a generic one?

Very tempted to email to pr@paradoxplaza.com a copy of this conversation.

Be warned any person reading this, never buy a paradox product from steam and impulse as they simply don't care as its not in their job description to provide 100% customer service

Yes, please do. Personally I've held off on buying games from Paradox AND Steam ever since I first learned of this seemingly unwarranted procrastination. I don't know who's to blame, but I'm very disappointed in either case.

Just emailed paradox with this email:

Dear Paradox,

I wanted to bring a discussion currently occurring on your forums to the attention of the marketing team.

Various users who have bought For the Glory (a title published by you) via steam and impulse are now unable to update their copies because the patch which has yet to be sent to the appropriate teams at both companies.

Various members of the forum have tried and failed to rectify this and we even had a response from MichaelM which read “Paradox said that a) they did indeed send the patch out and tell people they could release it, and b) it's not worth their time to bug anyone about it. So if anyone is going to bug Valve and Impulse about it, it will have to be you guys”.

As you can clearly imagine point B was a kick in the teeth to many loyal and faithful followers of your brand. After speaking to impulse myself and others to steam it’s clear that the patch has not been received and yet no one is willing to take responsibility to solve this.

What has followed from this is a series of comments which show how irritated and disillusioned your customer base is. Why a five minute job isn’t worth the time completely escapes me as I would have hoped a small niche publisher would be eager to continue its relationships with its loyal customer base rather than go down the path of larger faceless organizations who have become ever more reliant on big mass market titles. Additionally you need to take into account will my upset customers continue to buy from me, recommend purchases and review titles now I have treated them with no interest.

A selection of comments sum up the general mood at the moment:

Samorim: I have a very hard time trying to understand these company policies where they ignore their costumers without any ceremony, remorse or whatever. It's really confusing to me, how can someone be so negligent and contemptuous towards their clients. Sure, FtG is a drop of water in an ocean that is Paradox sales, but isn't it also a Paradox title? Doesn't that put it in the same level of EU3 or Victoria 2? Yes, it can be infuriating (...)

Frogbeastegg: MichaelM, thanks for making a great game. Sorry it's ended up like this; it's not your fault.

I have to say I am deeply disappointed by this; I expected far better from Paradox. If they do not think it worth their time to sort this out for their customers, why should I take it on faith that the same thing will not happen again in the future?

Is resubmitting the patch file really so difficult? The file's already constructed. Steam's answers make it clear that bugging them won't help - if they say they do not have the file (for whatever reason, even if they lost it) then they cannot put it up. Besides, it is not my job to pester Steam and I don't like the suggestion that my time is somehow worth less than Paradox's. I paid them, not vice versa.

I only brought FtG from steam because I couldn't afford the full price as I was in the middle of buying a house. I wanted to support the game because I enjoyed the demo and liked the principle; Steam was offering it for half price, so I got it from there even though I don't like Steam much. It was the only way I could give it a sales stat during the early days. Bad decision: it's left me with a game I haven't played in months and likely won't again. I'm not buying a second copy of the game so I can play it as it should be, and I can't bring myself to play the current version knowing how much it is missing.

The situation leaves such a bad taste I passed up buying Arsenal and HoI2 complete last week when they went on sale, both games I've had on my wishlist for months. If my FtG is still missing 1.2 when EUIII's next expansion rolls around I will be thinking long and hard about whether to buy. I have also stopped recommending FtG to others.

The current thread has nearly reached 1500 views and I would highly advise you to check it out (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?497200-Steam-1.2-any-news/page1).

Hopefully you will read this and realize that actually a five minute job is worth doing if it keeps my customers happy. I would imagine that the mere mention of word of mouth marketing, peer recommendations and customer feedback would be enough for you to shape your customer relations differently but we can only hope.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Score!

Just recieved this off Paradox!

Hi Lee!

Thank you for your e-mail,
we are now currently investigating why the patch is not available on all digital download portals.

I want you to know that we have provided the patch to all our digital download partners and asked them to provide it to their customers.

And we have contacted them all and reminded them as well,
so please do not think that we do not care about our gamers.
We do care about our gamers and of course we want everyone to have access to a game as good as possible.

All the best,
XXXX/ Paradox Interactive