• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Caeserion

Major
64 Badges
Nov 21, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings III Referal
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Magicka
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka 2
Add a diplomatic interaction to demand artifacts from courtiers/vassals or a plot to steal them.

Stealing should have low chances if the item is currently equipped.

Demand should have certain limitations:
1) Less likely to give it up if its a good artifact
2) Less likely if they're a powerful vassal
3) More likely if its a religious artifact and you are religious head (maybe a modifier w/ cynical and zealous?)
4) Once you have demanded and have been refused you cannot demand from that character for 10yrs
5) More likely if its not currently equipped
6) Less likely if its their only artifact

Please note that these limitations are only suggestions. Actual factors will be decided by devs upon testing, obviously. I am open to discussing the idea if you feel it's too OP or could be reworked. Personally I'm just tired of Charlie not getting the Crown of Lombardy after he takes the corresponding title.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Add a diplomatic interaction to demand artifacts from courtiers/vassals or a plot to steal them.

3) More likely if its a religious artifact and you are religious head (maybe a modifier w/ cynical and zealous?)
4) Once you have demanded and have been refused you cannot demand from that character for 10yrs

Please note that these limitations are only suggestions. Actual factors will be decided by devs upon testing, obviously. I am open to discussing the idea if you feel it's too OP or could be reworked. Personally I'm just tired of Charlie not getting the Crown of Lombardy after he takes the corresponding title.

I agree with this! I especially would love to see the option to steal an artifact when someone dies as part of the inheritance kerfuffle instead of loosing it to oblivion!

an expansion that a minority of players own.
Do you have statistics on that claim or is it just something you made up on the spot?

Also, any HRE Kaiser should inherit Iron Crown, not Salians and their descendants
Perhaps even add events after succession to have the new emperor crowned with it and the old dynasty accepting this or refusing and giving the emperor the choice of letting them keep it like a wimp (with more events for them to get the kingdom of Italy and maybe secede later) or declare them traitors and fight a war to take it (and being a traitor, the loser would then be liable to lose lands to the emperor).

Also, a "Reclaim Crown Jewels" CB. In a recent play through as Jorvik, I commissioned the Crown of Crows and Sword of Justice, emptying 1300 gold from the treasury. The smith ran off with both of them and gave them, gratis, to Mercia. You can bet that I spent the next decade raiding the realm, but I never randomly got them in a raid.

Last edited:
Ouch.

Might've engineered a concubonkage to get them back by making a concubine inherit after capturing and executing all other hairs.

I somewhat like this idea, however it go even further to purposefully steal artifcats from war enemies with a chance of its destruction upon attempting to steal it with your army, with a much lower chance of destruction if you are personally leading that army.
Then you could have info on the artifact such as its original owner and subsequent owners opening up a possibility for a specific casus belli to retrieve artifcats if you're the original or very recent owner of an artifact. With a chance of its destruction each time it changes hands it might also be an idea to make artifacts slightly easier to get a hold of as well as slightly more powerful. Alternatively, you could not change how frequent or powerful an artifact is, but rather allow for personal buildings that can safeguard artifacts from thefts as well as hidden rooms where the artifact can be hidden from the world at large if built. This personal building could be something within the capital, sort of like how Republics have except far less powerful and more peripheral that can do things such as disease resistance, health, artifact security, fertility etc etc.