• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

phantomrider

Colonel
23 Badges
Mar 20, 2009
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
I have been away for >1 month and went to launch Imperator Rome through the steam site. The end user agreement popped up with a green bar at the bottom (Continue) and when I click that the end user agreement goes away for about 2 seconds and pops back up and the game does not launch- it just keeps recycling the end user agreement. I could not find any check boxes within the end user agreement to click on either. (One time yesterday I somehow was able to get by this block but I have no clue what happened and today the game just won't launch). The steam site says I am playing and I can not stop it within the site except by rebooting the whole computer. Help.

Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-Imperator
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/Imperator AND Documents/Paradox/Imperator folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add imperator.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular you need to make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam Imperator or Documents Imperator locations, before installing again.

Let me know how things stand after that!

Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-Imperator
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/Imperator AND Documents/Paradox/Imperator folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add imperator.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular you need to make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam Imperator or Documents Imperator locations, before installing again.

Let me know how things stand after that!
I have been away with work related stuff. However, the quick reply is that the Steam Un-install has failed . Not sure why.

Then you have a Steam problem, it seems likely. What exactly happens when you do that, any error?

What antivirus app do you use?

Then you have a Steam problem, it seems likely. What exactly happens when you do that, any error?

What antivirus app do you use?
Just a message that the uninstall did not work. (windows defender + malware bytes). I have managed to get around everything if I am quick enough to hit the play button after clicking on continue of the EULA but it is extremely testing of my reflexes.

MalwareBytes does not typically cause such problems but do check that steam.exe , paradox launcher.exe and imperator.exe are in its exceptions list.

Then in the Windows search box enter Ransomware. Enable controlled folder access if disabled, then also add those .exe files ot the Apps Allowed Through list in there.

Good luck!