• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Deedie Erin

Private
Jun 22, 2020
The dynasty ruling over the HRE wont be able to ensure stability in reality and will finally fall, Do you think it's enjoyable to start a game as the Salien to ensure the tiltle ? or is it actually to easy to stabilize the HRE. I've actually never been emperor myself, so I dont know if it's easy through the generation, or if the AI will do their best to take over us. Rewriting history is something I love to do, but I dont want something too easy either

I've not started as the emperor, but I've been elected as the emperor. Generally, being at the helm of large nation is usually extremely easy, even if it shouldn't be. That is especially the case once you're done with the early game. It generally goes like this: You start to blob, which allows you to become stronger and richer, vassals will individually become weaker, which means you can blob even more and now just continue this circle. Massive blobs are extremely stable. Byzantium has taken over most of Sicily, a chunk of the Russian steps, all of Syria, Egypt and Tunis. There's no sign that they will stop.

Keeping large nations together is all too easy and distance matters little as the AI happily will march their armies thousands of kilometers to squash a small regional revolt.

Reactions:
Just be mindful of factions and make sure to appease anyone who is super powerful. You don't want a multi liberty faction spamming with secession and lowering authority.

My next game, I think I am going to go into HRE, Byzantine and Abbasid and do mass grants of independence through the switch characters function before I go back to my chosen person.

These realms have been incredibly stable with the 1066 start...so much so that other interesting Kingdoms never really get off the ground before getting swallowed up by them.