• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nuclear Elvis

Major
90 Badges
Sep 25, 2019
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
I just started playing original/full version Victoria after picking it up in the winter sale event here in 2019. Yes, I am several years late. I actually played Victoria 2 (vanilla unmodded) for a couple months, am familiar with that. I wish the dev's had packaged a PDF game book in the Steam files for this original version. Game has so much stuff and no tutorial. Most old guide/websites have dead links. I'm playing an Uncivilized country and it's extremely challenging, more so simply because I don't know the restrictions along the way as to what Uncivilized are restricted from and learning that quickly. Not sure if Uncivilized can be upgraded in this original Victoria.

Weird, me too. I've been de bugging the little bit left I didn't get to in RoN Redux (Redux). I thought I might do a quick conversion to a 1770 start date, the map at least. You might have some boring years until 1792, the original mod's start date, but hey maybe the AI can add some wars?

I'd be interested in your RoN work if you want to upload it when you're done. I suggest 1779 if you want to make it Franco-centric without American revolution events slowing down game start.

I never really learned how to do events. I thought I would make USA a satellite of England, perhaps the AI will through off Britain and we'll get an interesting war going?

I have a question. Using Revolutions 1.4 when you buy technology are the invention triggers supposed to remain domant? Doesn't seem to indicate this in the manual and wiki but, every tech I've bought hasn't triggered inventions 20 years into the game. I want my steamer ships dammit.

You don't really buy technology you research it. As you discover something new yes, the inventions are triggered that further modify your new technology. Steamer ships are waaaay into the game. Your clipper convoy is going to have to be sufficient for a while lol

I mean through diplomacy. I've traded for 3 techs and their inventions have yet to trigger. Thought maybe my setup could have bugged the game's usual invention trigger system for traded technology.
On another thought running a liberal society is 10x as difficult for me. You gotta play the world economy if you want a decent surplus. There's a lot of basic mechanical problems with this old game but, playing a liberal Prussian-Germany up to the North/South confederacy civil war is very appealing ahistorically.

Last edited:
Sounds like a bug. do you have the latest hotfix installed? Here it is

Attachments

• hotfix6a.7z
    329,9 KB · Views: 6
Here, you may also like this mod. I have a copy of both 1.11 and 1.11a. I think 1.11a is full install. If not, let me know and ill post the other one too. I am not the author! I just have a copy of it.

Attachments

• EVM1.11a eng.zip
    69,5 MB · Views: 10
Yes I've patched with that. Checked the .eug save file and there is no 'per country' dormant event or trigger listing like in HoI2. The techapps are listed but their inventions just haven't been cycled yet. Looked up on vic1.paradoxwikis.com and apparently it's just coincidental that none of the traded tech's inventions have triggered. The invention date ranges are 1850-60 and I'm just at 1850 now.

That's cool an 18th century mod. Was planning on modding in that direction myself. Thanks! Wanted to simplify the resource interface most of all. They really bungled the world economy and made it nonsensical. Military tech is also very imbalanced.

Last edited:
So 1.11a is the full install? Yes it has interesting scenarios. I would have made 1848 an 1846 scenario, and perhaps molded in even just a basic 1881 scenario, just like vanilla Victoria had. But their team did a great job and put in much time for all of this!

EDIT. Seems like 1848 and 1861 scenarios were a WIP. Perhaps it's something for us to work on?

EDIT#2. Seem like 1861 was extremely WIP. 1848 going back to 1846 wouldn't be much work at all

Last edited:
I believe EVM1.11a is the final full installation according to vzaen's posts in mods forum.
I have yet to really look into modding. Just want to play a few games of fully patched Vanilla then a couple VIP. Think the main limitation is trying to realistically transition a pre-industrial gameset to the industrial. Victoria is based on Imperialism which is a game that is supposed to offer a very balanced and open sandbox play. The computer opponent is very incompetent in Europa but, playing on hard and balancing the game through a ton of decision events would make it awesome.

True, nobody's playing this dirt old game anyway. I've made the necessary changes to put RoN to a 1770 start date. Except last_campaign_start = { year = 1791 } needs to be changed to any year BEFORE 1770. I did 1699 with Spain only just to see if it will hold and it will. If you don't at game start it will automatically put you into a campaign season. I've also got rid of a few bugs from the RoN Redux (Redux) I debugged a few things from years ago.

In case anyone cares, here you are.

Attachments

• RoN Redux Redux 1.5.zip
    2 MB · Views: 5
  • 1770 (RoN based).zip
    2 MB · Views: 5
Thanks I'll play through it. The revolutions patch changes seem to be pretty bad all in all. Think they fixed one big overflow bug but, their pop control changes kind of break the interface. After conquering a nation in Victoria 1.03 all the soldier and officer pops are supposed to autoconvert. Now you have to elect a non-Jingo party just to micromanage that. Vic2 did away with alot of that micro-management I believe and is all around better. Eventually I'll get a modern computer to play through what's finalized by PDS up till now.

Good luck saving up money for a new computer. Modern day graphics are pretty intense.