Start your own Great House (DLC, Mod or BattleTech2)?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Asuzu

First Lieutenant
51 Badges
May 12, 2016
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Surviving Mars
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
After playing new Bannerlord for some time, I cannot shake this thought out of my head.
Why not give ability to the player to start their own Great House in Battletech?

Quite similar to Arano Restoration campaign, where you chew it sector by sector, you can either attack planetary government on unclaimed sectors, or immediately declare war on one of the great houses to take over their worlds.
I believe this game mode would be much more fun than the Career mode, which while being fun and all, does not have a logical beginning or the end.

- Taking control over a planet will offer you a decision to start your own Great House, pick a name, logo, etc.
- You can define the planet ruler, standing mech armies, budget.. so much stuff to tinker with your own empire
- The economy buildup on your planets will allow you to work on your own fleet, armies and so on
- This is where your diplomatic relations with other Great Houses and Pirates will come in to shine as well
- The star map will become your strategic map, and instead of aimless wandering around will become a primary tool for your war and diplomacy efforts

This is probably ways too difficult to mod in, but if the developers are looking into spicing it up, this is probably a nice way to boost the sandbox campaign experience.

Last edited:
The Galaxy at War mod won't let you start your own, but it will definitely let you have a huge influence on the house(s) you want to support and those you want to trash.

Sounds good, I'd love a game like that but it also sounds *massively* complex and difficult to balance. :(

Also my headcanon suggests that anyone trying to create a new powerbloc in the BT universe would face a *LOT* of resistance from the already established players, even to the extent of enemies agreeing that "AsuzuLand" is a free target to anyone wanting to try...

• 1Like
Reactions:
I would actually love a 4X BattleTech game that let me either start my own House from scratch (think of Marion Hegemony rom 3060 period) or at least take strategic command of a Great House or Periphery Power.

That said, I sure wouldn't mind the current game allowing me to gain control of planets bandit kingdom style either.

• 1Like
Reactions: