Start your Fusion Engines! BATTLETECH: Flashpoint is NOW AVAILABLE!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi Flashpoint just freezes on loading through Steam. I am thinking of reinstalling but how can i make sure my save files are not deleted in the process?

Was kinda excited to head into the game to explore but kinda bummed to have it bug out on load. I have already verified the files through steam. Now it seems a reinstall is in order but I'm kinda afraid my save games get deleted in the process through the reinstall.

Update: Got another error msg now which says, "Error launching game with custom settings. Try again with defaults? Yes/No. If I click yes, nothing happens. If I click no, game closes.
Did you try this yet?

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/psa-game-wont-load-foreverload-bug.1132271/

I bought Flashpoint from Steam but don't know how to play the new content, Campaign mode or career mode? I'm playing Campaign mode currently but didn't see anything new yet.
Did you complete the campaign?

In campaign mode content begins after the campaign is won.

They will pop up on the star map after intervals of time.

In career mode flashpoints will pop up after an interval of time.

Not new, but I wouldn't mind a clarification: Would it be better for all affected to submit a support ticket, so the scale of the problem is known and perhaps individual fixes can be applied, or would that just drown the poor people trying to fix it in redundant tickets and actually slow down the fix process due to responding to each one, and thus be a bad idea?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not new, but I wouldn't mind a clarification: Would it be better for all affected to submit a support ticket, so the scale of the problem is known and perhaps individual fixes can be applied, or would that just drown the poor people trying to fix it in redundant tickets and actually slow down the fix process due to responding to each one, and thus be a bad idea?
Oops. That's a duplicate post of mine from a different thread that you quoted. Stupid mobile browsing. Deleting now. Disregard.

As for the question please do always post support tickets of all bug issues, don't just post here as discussion with community members may occur here, but support staff will be looking in the bug support sub for issues they won't be looking here normally.

As for the question please do always post support tickets of all bug issues, don't just post here as discussion with community members may occur here, but support staff will be looking in the bug support sub for issues they won't be looking here normally.
Cool. Did so in the early hours of the morning when I couldn't sleep, got a response with a code within an hour and a half! All sorted now.

I am not sure if anyone else is having this issue but, after the installation of Flashpoint, my BattleTech game keeps crashing during combats. Prior to the 1.3 installation I had played over 500 hours and completed the campaign without a single crash three times. I was up to the Smithton Defense scenario on the fourth go around when the update occurred. I played a couple of encounters and enjoyed discovering new Mechs and learning how the changes affected my strategies. However when I started the Defense of Smithton campaign scenario the game crashed on the second turn and continued crashing each time until I started saving after each Mech completed its turn. After I managed to complete the scenario I took the only offered contract and this time the game crashed on the third round after making contact. While I have notified the help desk I am concerned that some code might have gotten messed up during the conversion.

I am not sure if anyone else is having this issue but, after the installation of Flashpoint, my BattleTech game keeps crashing during combats. Prior to the 1.3 installation I had played over 500 hours and completed the campaign without a single crash three times. I was up to the Smithton Defense scenario on the fourth go around when the update occurred. I played a couple of encounters and enjoyed discovering new Mechs and learning how the changes affected my strategies. However when I started the Defense of Smithton campaign scenario the game crashed on the second turn and continued crashing each time until I started saving after each Mech completed its turn. After I managed to complete the scenario I took the only offered contract and this time the game crashed on the third round after making contact. While I have notified the help desk I am concerned that some code might have gotten messed up during the conversion.
If you're on steam the easiest thing you can try while you wait (and should always be your first thing to check with all games) is to right click on the game in the steam menu and click properties, local files tab, verify integrity of game files.

Aside from the new Target Acquisition missions which just seem almost impossible to successfully complete on 4-5 skull difficulty, I loved this expansion and had a ton of fun playing through it. The mini-story Flashpoint missions were great and some were downright hilarious. Thanks so much for putting this out!

Thanks Havamal! As a luddite (as in I can turn on computer but if computer no work I pound on desk) I can follow what you are saying but I do not know if it applies to GOG Galaxy which is what I am running Flashpoint off of.

Thanks Havamal! As a luddite (as in I can turn on computer but if computer no work I pound on desk) I can follow what you are saying but I do not know if it applies to GOG Galaxy which is what I am running Flashpoint off of.
Nah , doesn't help with Gog. Sorry.

For Gog try this, I googled for one with images (might not work but worth trying);

"If you encounter strange behavior while playing a game, one of the first things we recommend is to verify that your game install is not corrupt.

If you are playing a game from GOG, you will need to use the GOG Galaxy client to verify your installed files. To do this:

1. Find your game in your GOG Galaxy library list and select it.
    gog_verify_1.jpg
  2. Click the "More" menu button that appears next to "Play".
  3. Hover over "Manage…"
  4. Click "Verify / Repair"
    gog_verify_2.jpg
This should detect and resolve any errors in your installed game files."

If that doesn't work please post in the support thread and support staff can assist you. https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/battletech-bug-reports.998/
Hopefully the help desk can assist.

Last edited:
Took me a while to finally get around playing the Expansion and I must say, I very much enjoyed it. The idea is great and it enriches the post-campaign game in a meaningful way. The only things I have to criticise is a) 50 ton per mech limit on some missions which makes exactly zero sense (and at least the first assassination mission in that second Lyran Flashpoint almost unplayable) in how it is justified in-game and also b) that the one target acquisition mission in that second Lyran FP and the one in 'Unwelcomed Guests" (one of the Marik FPs) were virtually identical. The map and goal is literally the same, only the OpFor and means of destruction (Naval PPC vs. Long Toms) were changed.