Start your Fusion Engines! BATTLETECH: Flashpoint is NOW AVAILABLE!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
question - i purchased BT and the season pass via steam.
and since paradox account is linked to steam they know i bought it and let me use their launcher to play the non-dlc version.
the question is will paradox recognize that i own the season pass and let me play flashpoint via their launcher?

the reason - i play steam version modded, but i also like to muck about in vanilla especially after an update.
with latest update i am 1.3 in the paradox launcher but no flashpoint.

I now have the key for the season pass and FP is downloading now. Looking forward to ripping in a bit later.

Hi! Did you get The Season Pass Key by mail, or did You get it directly into The Steam or GoG client launchers?

I’m asking only because I bought The season pass as sono as it was available on Steam, and yesterday night I got an email from Paradox telling me they had sent the key by email, but untill now I‘ve received none...

Hi! Did you get The Season Pass Key by mail, or did You get it directly into The Steam or GoG client launchers?

I’m asking only because I bought The season pass as sono as it was available on Steam, and yesterday night I got an email from Paradox telling me they had sent the key by email, but untill now I‘ve received none...
I bought the Season Pass through Steam and got the same email telling me the key would be emailed. I disregarded that and just loaded Flashpoint through Steam.

Check to see if Steam shows Flashpoint as installed. It souls update automatically (may need to verify files or restart).

I bought the Season Pass through Steam and got the same email telling me the key would be emailed. I disregarded that and just loaded Flashpoint through Steam.

Check to see if Steam shows Flashpoint as installed. It souls update automatically (may need to verify files or restart).

Thanks very much for your feedback, I appreciate it a lot! I’ll surely do as you suggest

show up where? I didn't get it on steam.
It'll show up automatically when the game updates and you launch it.
I have looked into the matter of missing keys, and it seems like this should have been solved in most cases. Please let me know if you still haven't gotten access to the expansion, and I'll investigate!
I still don't have access. I'm not even sure where to look other than GOG where I bought it. RSVP. I'm glad the game is out and i'm glad it's fun but this is a bit star citizen ish.

For anyone who has the game through GOG and haven't been able to access the expansion: have you tried launching the game via the Galaxy launcher? This has taken care of the situation for some users.

I got an Email from support after logging a support ticket. I activated it on Steam. If you still don't have your key, it would be worth a try.

To be clear I purchased the season pass direct from Paradox when it was first announced and they had the big discount for pre-ordering.

I ordered through the Paradox store. Created a support ticket haven't heard anything back yet. Flashpoint is not showing up as purchased in Steam or the Paradox Launcher. Just am empty details section when I click manage on My Account. Keep checking spam folder just in case.

Hi Flashpoint just freezes on loading through Steam. I am thinking of reinstalling but how can i make sure my save files are not deleted in the process?

Was kinda excited to head into the game to explore but kinda bummed to have it bug out on load. I have already verified the files through steam. Now it seems a reinstall is in order but I'm kinda afraid my save games get deleted in the process through the reinstall.

Update: Got another error msg now which says, "Error launching game with custom settings. Try again with defaults? Yes/No. If I click yes, nothing happens. If I click no, game closes.

Last edited:
Hi Flashpoint just freezes on loading through Steam. I am thinking of reinstalling but how can i make sure my save files are not deleted in the process?

Was kinda excited to head into the game to explore but kinda bummed to have it bug out on load. I have already verified the files through steam. Now it seems a reinstall is in order but I'm kinda afraid my save games get deleted in the process through the reinstall.

Does it freeze "for ever" or does the game start after a while? There is a known bug that makes the initial loading screen last waaaaay longer than intended, but if you wait it out the game usually starts just fine. The team is working on finding a solution.

Does it freeze "for ever" or does the game start after a while? There is a known bug that makes the initial loading screen last waaaaay longer than intended, but if you wait it out the game usually starts just fine. The team is working on finding a solution.

It just hanged on the Harebrained scheme screen and the task manager said it was not responding.

After which the second time I tried to load it, it gave the error msg in my earlier post. I finally saw the problem in the bug section and holding alt while clicking the blue play button in steam still prompted the error msg above and does not allow me to get into any config screens to even set it to low.

Thanks for your reply but I guess I can't play the game until the bug is fixed, not sure where to find my save files to backup too. Glad to know they are aware, guess we'll wait it out!

For those of you who bought the expansion or the season pass via the Paradox store: try logging into your paradox account in-game. :)
No good, unfortunately. Shows 'Season Pass Now Available', and clicking it just takes me to the Steam page to buy DLC.

EDIT: I should probably say here, since you might not have seen it in the other thread - when I go to my Order history, there exists an order for the correct amount as a Battletech Season Pass, on the correct day, but both of the entries for what I bought are blank - they've got prices, but nothing else. Going by past experience, the one that cost money should be the BTech Season Pass, and the one that is listed as $0 should be the Paradox Launcher version. I thought this was odd when I first ordered them, but having never pre-ordered a season pass from the Paradox store before, I assumed there was some quirk of the system that had it showing as such.

Last edited:
so I downloaded the digital deluxe content file and installed it, then the Flashpoint file (6mb) and installed it. When I clicked Launch on the GOG screen that appears right after the Flashpoint install finishes, all it does is open my Computer.