• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi guys, the mod looks absolutely fantastic. I'd love to do an AAR on it.

I have an issue however. It would appear that downloading custom ships only helps if you are playing as that race. For instance, if I edit the Sith Empire to use the old sith empire ship mod, but play as the Galactic Republic, the Sith do not have the custom models (because they are AI). Is there anyway to change the default empires to use modded ship appearances?

[Edit]

Nevermind! I was able to reconfigure the custom empires and give them their custom ship models. Now I can fight the Sith Empire as the Republic with the correct ship models.

I'll have to make the guide to doing that more clear, but glad you figured it out. If you end up doing the AAR, I'll most definitely read it.

So just to get this clear: it actually is possible to create a custom galaxy map and have custom empires always spawn in a certain place?

I didn't think that was possible, one of the main reasons I decided to give up on my idea for a Mass Effect mod was because I thought the game's design made it impossible.

So just to get this clear: it actually is possible to create a custom galaxy map and have custom empires always spawn in a certain place?

I didn't think that was possible, one of the main reasons I decided to give up on my idea for a Mass Effect mod was because I thought the game's design made it impossible.

It's most certainly possible and not too difficult either.

Reactions:
Now that the mod's had some exposure and testing, I wanted to know how people felt it was going. Are the current empire choices good, their ethos seem fitting? I have had a few comments that in certain areas systems were too close together for comfort. Do people agree/disagree with these views, or have any others that they wish to share. As well, what do people think is most important to prioritize in adding to the mod at this stage?

Current Empires & Ethos

Kingdom of Naboo
Fanatic Xenophile/Pacifist

Corellian Empire
Fanatic Militarist/Materialist

Kingdom of Alderaan
Xenophile/Fanatic Pacifist

Chiss Ascendancy
Militarist/Materialist/Collectivist

Mandalorian Warrior Clans
Collectivist/Fanatic Militarist

Jedi Council
Collectivist/Fanatic Spiritualist

Kamino Council
Xenophile/Fanatic Materialist

Geonosian Hives
Fanatic Collectivist/Materialist

Bespin Trade Guilds
Individualist/Xenophile/Pacifist

Utapauan Committee

Cathar Tribes
Xenophile/Militarist

Combined Bothan Council
Fanatic Individualist/Materialist

Sith Empire
Militarist/Spiritualist/Xenophobe

Galactic Republic

Hutt Clans
Collectivist/Fanatic Materialist

Wookiee Clans
Xenophile/Militarist

Last edited:
Now that the mod's had some exposure and testing, I wanted to know how people felt it was going. Are the current empire choices good, their ethos seem fitting? I have had a few comments that in certain areas systems were too close together for comfort. Do people agree/disagree with these views, or have any others that they wish to share. As well, what do people think is most important to prioritize in adding to the mod at this stage?

Current Empires & Ethos

Kingdom of Naboo
Fanatic Xenophile/Pacifist

Corellian Empire
Fanatic Militarist/Materialist

Kingdom of Alderaan

Chiss Ascendancy

Jedi Council

Kamino Council

Geonosian Hives

Bespin Trade Guilds

Utapauan Committee

Cathar Tribes
Xenophile/Militarist

Combined Bothan Council

Sith Empire

Galactic Republic
Fanataic Individualist/Materialist

Hutt Clans

Wookiee Clans
Xenophile/Militarist

I think Fanatic Individualist/Xenophile fits the Republic better.

Hello this mod seems awsome cant wait to try it out, thou a question. Is it possible for me to play as Rodian ? I always loved them! Im totaly Rodian/Emire hahah totaly weird mix i can never get cuz it goes against all SW logic ^^ But just play as the race Rodian and make little green men on every planet whould satisfy me :)

Rodian/Empire combo, a man can dream, can´t he xD

My opinion. In color the changes:

Kingdom of Naboo

Xenophile/ Fanatic Pacifist --> Although with Alderaan having the same it is not a nonsense...

Corellian Empire
Fanatic Individualist /Materialist or Militarist --> Corellians are famous for their individualist tendencies and proud. See the Corellian trilogy or the Legacy novels.

Kingdom of Alderaan

Chiss Ascendancy

Jedi Council

Kamino Council
Collectivist /Fanatic Materialist

Geonosian Hives

Bespin Trade Guilds

Utapauan Committee

Cathar Tribes
Xenophile/Militarist / Spiritualist

Combined Bothan Council

Sith Empire

Galactic Republic
Individualist/Fanatic Xenophile

Hutt Clans

Wookiee Clans
Xenophile/Militarist

EDIT: I would also retry Naboo, Alderaan and Bespin in exchange of Mon Calamari (Dac), Rodia and Ryloth (Twi Leks). Except if you can ahve mroe than 16 factions, if not the more the merrier

Is this mod currently working with 1.3?

Are the ship designs from SW in yet or do I have to bring them in myself from other mods?

I have yet to update it. I'll be doing a large update in the coming week or two, which will add content and ensure compatibility. I intend to have my own models in with that patch.

Reactions:
Just to update you guys on what's going on, I'm working on an update that will add quite a bit of content. Unfortunately, the way it will be done is that I doubt it will be compatible with previous saves.

I have a question that I would like to know people's input. Should the Jedi be a federation associate with the republic, or a part of it? While lorewise they aren't quite members of the republic, being part of the federation would allow them to go to war. I'm leaning more to making them a part of the federation.

Here's a preview of what I'm working on. (Oddly empire names won't stick in static maps with 1.3, still trying to figure that one out.)

20161022144001_1.jpg

I think the Jedi should be vassals, but if you could do a unique situation where the Jedi can declare their own wars that would be very suitable. The Republic is the government of the galaxy, the Jedi their military wing, so the Jedi wouldn't really want to take up the mantle of leadership even if its required to do so by federation rules, so I think being a tributary works even if they can't declare their own wars. Perhaps people would think different because they'd like to actually play as the Jedi.

I think the Jedi should be vassals, but if you could do a unique situation where the Jedi can declare their own wars that would be very suitable. The Republic is the government of the galaxy, the Jedi their military wing, so the Jedi wouldn't really want to take up the mantle of leadership even if its required to do so by federation rules, so I think being a tributary works even if they can't declare their own wars. Perhaps people would think different because they'd like to actually play as the Jedi.

The jedi are not the military arm of the republic, though they step in during certain wars and take positions of military leadership. Setting them as vassals wouldn't quite fit, because the republic does not govern anything they do.

Just to update you guys on what's going on, I'm working on an update that will add quite a bit of content. Unfortunately, the way it will be done is that I doubt it will be compatible with previous saves.

I have a question that I would like to know people's input. Should the Jedi be a federation associate with the republic, or a part of it? While lorewise they aren't quite members of the republic, being part of the federation would allow them to go to war. I'm leaning more to making them a part of the federation.

Here's a preview of what I'm working on. (Oddly empire names won't stick in static maps with 1.3, still trying to figure that one out.)

View attachment 213661

In the interests of gameplay, this sounds good to me.

The jedi are not the military arm of the republic, though they step in during certain wars and take positions of military leadership. Setting them as vassals wouldn't quite fit, because the republic does not govern anything they do.

The republic doesn't really interfere with individual planets, even the Jedi's, but the Jedi are very much dedicated towards the republic. The relationship is complex but a vassalship is best since unlike other worlds the jedi would never abandon the republic.

I'd say ideal would be vassal jedi, without integration. Freedom to declare wars would make a mess out of certain situations unless they're fanatic pacifists and can't do that. Not sure exactly what would be best.