Star Trek: New Horizons: Support and Bug Report Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Shaggo

New Horizons Team
23 Badges
May 19, 2016
  • Darkest Hour
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • PDXCON 2018 "The Emperor"
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka 2
  • Semper Fi
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
xKwiEGz.png
Hello all,

to avoid interrupting general discussions with bug reports or support questions we have decided to open up a new support thread.
Here you can ask questions about game mechanics and/or technical problems as well as reporting bugs.
For bugreports we ask you to include the ST:NH version number and to doublecheck if your problem persists after deactivating other mods.
We would also like to emphasize reading and participating in our Wiki.

As a reminder, the wiki can also be accessed ingame via the "?" button, as shown below.
1AE54AE119714939D3429367DD7EAFC4500DE374

Thanks for reading and we're looking forward to a even greater year of success for Star Trek: New Horizons

Reactions:
Maybe add a bit about the known issues already under repair so as to avoid some repeat threads, if that's already up there just ignore my post.

Already posted this in the German bug report forum, but:

(0.9.4a) If the target is stationary (not moving), the NX class (Destroyer) points it's rear toward the enemy and just sits there firing its weapons. I don't thinks its combat behaviour settings are quite right.

I think it's supposed to fly around like the patrol frigate?

(0.9.6a) No Damage Output and Fleet Power error vs Pirate Fleet

I added weapons to the patrol frigates and despite some hilarious fleet power count (12k vs 300 something) I do not put out any damage to the pirate fleet while taking a lot damage myself.

Not sure if this is the correct thread but in the Expanse event line when the Andorian's offer help if you accept their help you no longer get their ship and they have a large malus towards Earth keeping them out of the UFP.

(0.9.6a) No Damage Output and Fleet Power error vs Pirate Fleet

I added weapons to the patrol frigates and despite some hilarious fleet power count (12k vs 300 something) I do not put out any damage to the pirate fleet while taking a lot damage myself.
This strongly sounds like youre using other mods together with STNH. If thats the case please deactivate other mods and try again. Note that we cannot offer support if you used other mods.

I have been having some issues lately and I'm not sure if its the mod or the core game thats causing it.
I have been playing as the Federation and I come to a point where I seem to be stuck in what I would call a loop.
It dont matter how many times I start a new game and even reinstalling the game completely dont help.

What happens is that I can get the Vulcans and Andorians into a coalition with me, but getting other races to join such as the Tellarties have become impossible.
Either the race/empire I want to have join me will not join because they will not work with the Vulcans and/or Andorians or the Vulcans and/or Andorians will not have the race in the coalition.
Rather than join my coalition or the federation should I be so luck as to get that to form, they prefer to form their own little coalitions.
Its always(as in without exception) the same 2-3 races forming their own little coalition which results in me eventually being surrounded by these small coalitions leaving little to no space for me to expand.

Someone suggested I try to invite all 3 races at once, I tried with 5 races, Andorians, Vulcans, Tellarites, Denobulans and Bajorans.
I made sure that they all had high enough opinion of me to accept such an invitation.
All but one of the races declined the invitation, the Vulcans was the only ones who accepted, the others I suspect declined because the above mentioned issues where they dont want to work with certain other races

It makes for boring gameplay when you know how the game is going to play out before you even started, but also makes for very short games when there little to no progress and possibility to expand as a result of that as well.

It seriously makes me wonder if there is some kind of bug either with the mod or the core game itself thats causing the AI to always act the same way no matter what you do

I could really use some help now. and I am kind hoping that the developers maybe have some ideas I have not thought of.
This one mod has had me coming back to he game time and again, and I just cant get myself to go back to the vanilla game again, but with these issues now plaguing my games I just cant get myself to play it anymore either.

And just to be clear I have no other mods installed, I only use the STNH main mod, submod and LCARS UI mod.

The Expanse event seems to be bugged in the latest patch. I got the initial Xindi probe, which I destroyed, but then nothing... until the main Xindi Weapon and fleet arrived out of nowhere to attack Earth :/ I assume this is bugged (there should be an event chain in between the above two things happening?) but if not... this is a terrible player experience so I'd suggest making it so that the actual Expanse chain always happens.

When trying to use the Federation UI with latest version, I noticed it prevented me from using any keyboard shorcuts (ESC, volume up and down buttons on my keyboard). Also, when I had a construction or science ship selected, I couldn't just right click on planet to have them execute commands (build structure, survey). Worked perfectly fine though with standard Stellaris UI.

Scratch that, I only checked the Sol Starbase but apparently it only works for outposts.
Something of a related kink, but if you build something in the second slot on the Sol Starbase, like a phaser array, then get Utopia Planitia, the shipyards will replace that item for no refund. Not much of a glitch in severity, but that's a fair bit of minerals that just went poof :p

xKwiEGz.png
Hello all,

to avoid interrupting general discussions with bug reports or support questions we have decided to open up a new support thread.
Here you can ask questions about game mechanics and/or technical problems as well as reporting bugs.
For bugreports we ask you to include the ST:NH version number and to doublecheck if your problem persists after deactivating other mods.
We would also like to emphasize reading and participating in our Wiki.

As a reminder, the wiki can also be accessed ingame via the "?" button, as shown below.
1AE54AE119714939D3429367DD7EAFC4500DE374

Thanks for reading and we're looking forward to a even greater year of success for Star Trek: New Horizons
Hi guys, I know you are really busy but was wondering if you could help with a problem. I have the paradox version of Stellaris and have managed to download the mod etc from steam as I am not able to download through the workshop. I have tried every which way I can think off and can get the mod recognized at startup, it just wont run in the game, any ideas as pulling the hair out of an already sparse hairline!! :) Cheers in advance.

Playing with the latest version from workshop.

Everytime I start a game as United Earth to form the Federation, Vulcan and Andoria rival each other before I can even leave the Sol System.

The NX events seem to appear if and when they want to, and seemingly in whatever order they wish. I have yet to have that event chain play out the same. In some attempts it hasn't even fired, in other attempts I've gotten the Enterprise less than three years in game.

The Attack on the Vulcan Embassy comes and goes whenever it pleases as well. Rivalries still aren't ended between Vulcan and the Andorians upon the event completion and the other Vulcan "country" is formed.

Playing on the largest static map. Only the base mod, sub mod + music installed. Captain difficulty, scale on, Primatives off. I've noticed turning Primatives "on" to any degree tends to break the mod. Didn't know this for multiple attempts at playing. One of the reasons why I don't like Steamworkshop is I can't download the mod, install the mod, and read a freakin' read me so that I can see what I can, and can't do. But that isn't the mod makers fault.

This mod is literally the only reason I bought Stellaris the other day when it was 54% off. I played 20 minutes worth of the new "expansion", noticed how basic parts of the game were broken (Observation Post no longer giving research. Administration Mandates for Bonus Unity not matching the Situation log *AGAIN*), and that was simply from 20 minutes worth of game play. They clearly didn't even test this. Backed out of the game, told Steam to download 2.1.3, then told the launcher to install STNH. Haven't looked back.

I know I'm new to the mod, but I love it already. I'd just like to get past 2160. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong would be really helpful. I usually just get Tellerite and Andorian info from Vulcan right of the bat. Start Research, Active Sensor, Migration, Non Aggression with them. Then wait till I get the Diplomacy or Slavery tech so I can form a Coalition, and still expand at a some what limited rate. On my first playthrough I managed to blunder my way into forming the UFP, but because Vulcan and the Andorians had rival'd each other 5 seconds from booting into game, I couldn't include them. So, I back out to try again. Now every time I try again things seem to get worse. I had all three founders ready to form a coalition. I paused and sent them all at the same time. Only the Tellerites accepted, well, more accurately speaking, the Tellerites joined first, then refused to vote to include Vulcan and the Andorians. Fine, I'll wait till I get them both over +75, then try again. I'll offer them association status while I wait. The Andorian Holy Grail Book Thingy Event (I didn't care enough about ENT to devote it to memory like I did TOS, TMPERA, TNG, DS9, TNGMPERA)(Yes I also didn't mention Star Trek: Lost in the Woods) fires and naturally being the peaceful trying like hell to form the Federation so I can play the next 300 years of far better Star Trek lore player that I am (hehehe) I offer my assistance. I should note here that this event seems to fire if and when it pleases as well. The Tellerites refuse and the Andorians try and fail to take it by force. One time I tried they agreed to share it. I'm really not a big fan of RNG events being hidden behind event pop ups in the way. In the future it would be nice if the expierence would be more streamlined so players can get into the game, rather than having to back out and start over from scratch because the RNG didn't spit out the right number and the event chain failed, destroying your playthrough. No problem, though, the relations still seem manageable. The embassy event fires and I send off the Franklin to check it out. Then the P'Jem event chain ends, making the other two mad at Vulcan. Well, more waiting then. Finally, after the embassy event chain ends, and the new Vulcan country forms, the relations are all +75, none of them would join because "'x' doesn't want to work with 'y'".

I'm clearly doing something wrong. Thanks for the read, and the help.

EDIT: Said all of that, and never once said "thank you." Thank you for all the hard work you guys have done building a great mod!

Last edited: