• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I havent seen any respawns in 8 months of game time. So it they do respawn, its probably the "1 year" rule.
Really? Maybe it changed. I had to run back to the easier systems after getting my butt kicked early on and there were missions available with less than 6 months elapsed. That was several patches ago though. I haven't heard anything about it being changed, but it also isn't a mechanic I have tracked closely.

Whenever you end loathed by pirates, run the Belllerophon-Detroit-Ur-Cruienne route circuit until a 2.5 skulls' Pirates contract spawn. Then grab it, negotiate for Rep only and complete it. Rinse and repeat until you get out of the loathed-reputation bracket with the pirates and are firmly set in the disliked or indifferent reputation bracket, and you're set.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I did a triple check to make sure about something, Once you finish all the missions on a planet they do not respawn. So no more Pirate Missions low skulls enough to qualify.
There are a number of worlds in the Periphery that are low skull rated. Ur Cruinine (One Skull) Bellerpheron (One and a Half Skull), Manatharaka (One Skull). Set Settings>Difficulty>Enemy Force Strength>Easy. This should cause some one or 1/2 Skull contracts to spawn, eventually. When you get one, run it at Maximum Reputation (no C-Bills and Salvage set to 0/3).
Once you repair you reputation, they will eventually offer you access via an event. Pay the exorbitant fee, and you are in!
It takes a while, but it works. The Pirates want to see some dedication to their bottom line before they open the doors. After all, you cost them a pretty penny.

You know, if it were Flashpoint-enabled to get Black Market access (and linked Flashpoints to improve their offering) that'd be a fun thing for someone to put together as a mod.

• 3Like
Reactions:
You know, if it were Flashpoint-enabled to get Black Market access (and linked Flashpoints to improve their offering) that'd be a fun thing for someone to put together as a mod.

That's a nice idea, only triggers when loathed by pirates. Basically they're in a 'We have no option but to ask you for help' situation. Set the salvage and reward intentionally very low, but with a really good reputation boost. The blurb would be something along the line sof 'Do us this favourand we'll put the word out you can be trusted'. at the end of the flashpoints have them say something along the lines of realizing you are just a professional and it really was nothing personal.

• 1Like
Reactions:
That's a nice idea, only triggers when loathed by pirates. Basically they're in a 'We have no option but to ask you for help' situation. Set the salvage and reward intentionally very low, but with a really good reputation boost. The blurb would be something along the line sof 'Do us this favourand we'll put the word out you can be trusted'. at the end of the flashpoints have them say something along the lines of realizing you are just a professional and it really was nothing personal.

Oh no, you misunderstood - not as a "back door" solution but as a replacement for Black Market access. So it's no longer linked to the Pirate rep, and is more dependent on the player actually finding and cultivating a relationship with someone operating such a network of acquisitions. Maybe even pare down the list of what the Black Market offers at first but having the Flashpoints offer "more selections" versus "improved selections".

I admit, it's a case of "I would have done it differently" and part of the mini-campaign in Heavy Metal describes pretty much how the Black Market gets their wonderful toys - and WHY it's connected to the Pirates.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I don't like the Faction system and really don't the Reputation lopsides. Get +100 rep with a faction and you get about -10% Discount. Get -100 rep and you're locked out of missions & shops plus their prices increase by at least 50%.

So you're supposed to keep everyone in the Indifferent level of Reputation.

The only faction worth caring about are the Pirates because of the Black Market. Getting rep with them is obtuse.

The Pirates should have been "Always Enemies" and the Black Market Neutral with no reputation.

Even if the Black Market was available it wouldn't matter because in the game stores charge about 10 times as much as anything is worth.

Salvaging is the only way to reasonably acquire Battlemechs and equipment.

Lostech cannot be salvaged. So the Atlas II is practically one-of-a-kind without mods.

Harebrained Schemes hates me.

Last edited:
Having the Black Market tied to the Pirate faction does have an upside to me and that is because you can't just dump on pirates. It forces the player to weigh their contracts and options and helps make reputation play a bigger part.

We do have Planetary Governments to use as a defacto enemy without repercussions, and that is good for starting companies (mostly in Campaign when you are limited there).

So having a reason to stay good with pirates makes sense to me.

If I had one complaint, it is more of how allying with a Faction doesn't carry more bonuses. Having everyone else become indifferent or hate you, means less potential missions late game and only often just one store. It does have a unique Flashpoint, but that doesn't really seem worth it. I sort of wish other faction stores were like the Black Market. You gain some notoriety and then can buy into the faction store.

If I had one complaint, it is more of how allying with a Faction doesn't carry more bonuses. Having everyone else become indifferent or hate you, means less potential missions late game and only often just one store.
Agreed. I really liked some of the Faction Stores, but jumping into orbit around a world and finding only 1/7 Contracts available is a serious downside. Especially in Career Ironman mode. I am currently on the edge of being mathematically eliminated from Kerensky because the contracts I need will not spawn.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I want to finish the game to get the unique Atlas II. After completing that and with no lostech, its Game Over.

If you say so, I mean, there's more out there after the campaign is done.

Reactions:
Like what?

The game continues allowing you to still go to other planets and take contracts, still expanding your mech roster/company.

If you have any of the DLC, Flashpoints (mini campaigns) will start to spawn around the map as well once the campaign is complete.

Like what?

If you have 'Heavy Metal' then there's a really nice amount of goodies down the run. Also a chance to piss off the Black Widow.

You can find them in stores. Edit: A few enemies were added that included the new weapons, but they tend to be rare. [I don't think any enemies normally mount the Heavy Metal equipment.]

Check mining planets for the autocannons. The LBX and UACs should show up even in the campaign.

Last edited:
Aye, they do, and you can/will find the vehicles in the planetary missions (but not campaign, or at least haven't seen them yet myself), like the Demolisher with a pair of LBX10. :eek: