• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I want Stargate Mrrshans err I mean Tigrans.
med_1472003079_image.jpg

There is already the Therians to fill up the furr... animal like faction slot. Don't think they will add another animal themed faction to the game :)

Reactions:
Yes, therians is the tigran. Even their tier 2 actually have the same name as tigran tier 2, therian prowler, tigran prowler, then two other therian units even have feline appearance (the other is a cat, and the other one is tiger)

It's okay if you use variables like digits in a phone number.

You're right. I suppose it depends on the stargate system, how they works depends on its creator. I mean if the new dlc has a thing to do with stargate, how the gate works is up to triumph

Reactions:
I wouldn't get too hung up on the stargate thing, the sphere grid is just a common star chart projection, combined with a decoder ring. They're not gonna use an IP they don't own like that.

Reactions:
I wouldn't get too hung up on the stargate thing, the sphere grid is just a common star chart projection, combined with a decoder ring. They're not gonna use an IP they don't own like that.

Nobody expects that devs will use words 'Star Gate' directly. As normal internet guy I may use such wording coz it has a lot of similarities.

Reactions:
I second that. Besides, the word or term stargate is used in many things, including other games

And The dialing system is more or less the same as pinpointing location (perhaps including latitude, etc) using coordinates in 3D space, perhaps it can also include vector, it all depends on how creative the creator is. I mean if triumph copy stargate's lore regarding the gate's mechanics , it's not against copyright terms at all, it's just math (physics) way, i mean unless the story writter is very creative, we can consider that there is only way to pinpoint location without going heavily against real science, personally i don't care but you know there's always those that fuss about these things so most story writers often doesn't dare to stray too far from real science. I hope triumph's story writter is creative enough though

Reactions:
Yes, therians is the tigran. Even their tier 2 actually have the same name as tigran tier 2, therian prowler, tigran prowler, then two other therian units even have feline appearance (the other is a cat, and the other one is tiger)
Therian Prowlers are tier 1, albeit a pretty strong tier 1. I'm also pretty sure that Sharpshooters are supposed to be foxes, even if the tail doesn't look as fluffy as one might think.

There are some thematic similarities between the Therians and the Tigrans, but calling them the Planetfall Tigrans is like saying that Naga are the AoW3 Lizardmen. It's not entirely wrong, but there are also too many distinctions to say they're the same.

Reactions:
Therian Prowlers are tier 1, albeit a pretty strong tier 1. I'm also pretty sure that Sharpshooters are supposed to be foxes, even if the tail doesn't look as fluffy as one might think.

Must be why i mistake them as tier 2. I mean the bouncer as the one that looks like cat , actually they are cats i think

Reactions:
I've tried extracting anything from the line pattern in the inner ring.
Despite the spinning, the first two 'activations' have both rings in the same alignment. Later 'activations' use different alignments.
I note that each pattern in the 16 segments is unique. I also notice that they all appear to intersections of lines along 5 possible nodes.
However, if I check whether each node has a line intersection and turn that into a 5 bit code, I get degeneracy. That is unnecessary, as 5 bits would have 32 unique combinations.
There are other possible ways to interpret the crosses on the nodes, but that would mean an even higher amount of information encoded in it. This seems unlikely to be of use, as there would be too many combinations to check.
However, the patterns appear to incrementing in some fashion, as you look at them either clockwise or anti-clockwise. So it might just be a case of determining which one is 0, and which direction they increase in.

Reactions:
There are 16 sections, the outer ring is in hexadecimal as @TibblesTheCat found, @MrNo noted in the video with winslayer that each section in the inner ring has 4 "triangles". They are always facing either out(1?) - or inwards(0?). 4 digits in binary can have 16 possible configurations (number 0-15) which matches the 16 sections, IF the inner ring is something and not just there for confusion my guess is that it is in binary, but I can't decode it :-(

Reactions:
This is all assuming that the context is around binary or computer or electrical mechanic

Let's assume it is, if we can at least isolate the possible or rather sensible reference point, we will have real progress in decoding it

Nothing comes to my mind yet. It can be one of the symbol, or worse a combination of symbols (unlikely though), or other things. More than deciphering or converting the theoretical number made from the symbols (again assuming the context is hexadecimal), i think this is more of some kind of numerical sequence, of which type though, i haven't really explore it yet. They kind of hint it in the video, "starting sequential calibration". So i guess, we need to find the point of reference first, without it, the possibilities is too many.

I'm not really interested in the riddle, because my guess is, the sequence is only about the date when the news about the 3rd DLC or expansion and its content is officially revealed, nothing about its content at all.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I'm not really interested in the riddle, because my guess is, the sequence is only about the date when the news about the 3rd DLC or expansion and its content is officially revealed, nothing about its content at all.

Like with the Sharkan hacking that only give us the date :)

Like with the Sharkan hacking that only give us the date :)

Yes. That riddle is probably just means somewhere, i mean a date in october or november, or december (highly unlikely though). To be more precise, probably between 15 to 31 october, can also 31 october to 1 november, i guess 15 october, but somehow most things in the world that is close to release have things relating to halloween (probably for marketing purpose), probably planetfall 3rd DLC have something related to halloween too, that's why i drag my end range to 31 october, although we already have some undead related things in the game, so maybe that is unlikely. My guess the riddle probably just means 15 october to 20 october at most, just a guess though.

Because assuming the context is more about the sequence, sequence is often have something to do with number or something that represent number, and a reference point, often this point is the start state or end state (sometimes)

What things that is related to number in this case that is can be more related to number other than date, i cannot think of anything at the moment. So i guess that riddle is only revealing the date of the announcement. But something in the riddle may also hint on the content, like the stargate thingy and several celestial bodies in the background (which are probably planets or stars or other celestial bodies), or these things means nothing other than act as distraction. And i think that riddle is to small in terms of context to reveal contents of massive DLC or i mean dlc on the level of expansion pack that is coming soon for planetfall. That's why, my guess the key of this riddle is sequence, and it only reveals date, not the content of the 3rd DLC. But that's just a guess

Last edited:
Reactions:
Don't care too much about the Tigrans being introduced, but the egyptian theme they have fits real well alongside the Goa'uld from stargate. Could be interesting having the desert cats playing host to a group of hyper intelligent parasites with delusions of godhood.

Reactions:
I believe heritor supposed to represent egyptian theme, obviously similar to other highly popular franchise, necron from WH40k

I suppose tigran egyptians means combining therians and heritor, i mean fielding them together in the same field

Reactions:
Just an irrational fantasy, but I'd like the last expansion to allow players to gate to a previous Age of Wonders 3 world. After an attack by several Elder Eldritch's from that game, the player can follow the creatures to a different plane, where the rules of play are fundamentally changed. They'd literally hop to a previous game in a different dimension.

How hard could that be? :)

Reactions:
The wait is excruciating guys. Especially that last cryptic'they're approaching' on Twitter.
Triumph well done, I am hyped.
I really hope the 13th is the date of the reveal.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Just picturing now that the gate opens to the Shadowrealm or a celestial variant of it, with the void that the psynumbra/celestians talk about making up its seas.

• 1Like
Reactions: