• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SpaceViking

General
26 Badges
Apr 30, 2011
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
In my current game the UK has 20 divisions of infantry in Gibraltar. That's like 250,000 soldiers. Plus there are several air units and the naval units. All this in an area less than 3 square miles (and yes, I know about all the tunnels).

I know there is no concept of "holding capacity" but I find this amusing.

You havent played DH until you place 150 japanese divisions in Pearl Harbor to invade the US.

I did have 99 Russian division invade Hong Kong once taking on the 41 divisions that were there. Almost 1.5 million casualties between the two sides as I recall and I lost the battle.

I did have 99 Russian division invade Hong Kong once taking on the 41 divisions that were there. Almost 1.5 million casualties between the two sides as I recall and I lost the battle.

I noticed they dropped to "just" 12 divisions so I attacked. After several months of intense aerial bombardment 20 elite German divisions including 3 airborne divisions attacked. The battle raged for almost a month and 12 more divisons held in reserve were thrown into the battle. After another week the defenders suddenly broke (maybe once of those random HQ events?) and I won!

Final losses were about 160,000 on my side and just over 200,000 on theirs. Ouch.

I noticed they dropped to "just" 12 divisions so I attacked. After several months of intense aerial bombardment 20 elite German divisions including 3 airborne divisions attacked. The battle raged for almost a month and 12 more divisons held in reserve were thrown into the battle. After another week the defenders suddenly broke (maybe once of those random HQ events?) and I won!

Final losses were about 160,000 on my side and just over 200,000 on theirs. Ouch.
All that... for a rock.