• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Terrar

Corporal
69 Badges
Apr 13, 2016
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Starvoid
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris
I played a game today with about 18 People with some dropping out overtime. There was one crash at initial loading up into the game itself (pressing start)
There were a few crashes, two or three, while playing. When those hotjoined it felt like it took forever and one of the biggest issues were players being stuck on initialisation. I think this comes from the savefile changing by playing while the player loads up the Game.
We played for about 3 1/2 hours, almost everyone played with a custom ruler. This didnt had any impact on the stability.
The game ran well on speed 3.

The only desync we encountered was after one player reformed Vidilisism and another then desyncing immediately after. That was the only desync in the Game.
Sometimes people lagged behind but that is to be expected.

One of the biggest issues were, after the load-up-stuckness, was when a player crashed. The Game didnt realise that and had a "Ghostplayer" in the lobby. After kicking the Ghost, the game was able to continue without problems.

I have attached both the oos folder with the desync from today and the savefile, in case that one is important.

Attachments

• 2bdc4c054da606b6_30.zip
    12,7 MB · Views: 0
  • Duke_Terrar_of_Normandy_893_05_06.ck3
    10,8 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Upvote 0
I was the player who got desynch when the Vidilist faith was reformed. Attached is my oos folder if that can be useful.

I also notice that, despite playing in french and having everything in the game in my language, when I reconnected to our game, the Old Vidilist faith had its name and description in English, while the Reformed Vidilist was in French. Another thing was that when the player reformed the Faith, I believe I was looking at his character, so perhaps this explains why I was the only one desynch.

Attachments

• 2bdc4c054da606b6_30.zip
    14,3 MB · Views: 0
Thanks a lot for the detailed report. Super interesting to see results that aren't our own prepared multiplayer tests with a sizeable amount of players which entails various network configurations.

The OOS description is also really useful - we've had some other instances before where localized text created false-positive out-of-synch states and this sounds like it could be something similar.

Did the crashes produce any exception logs or dumps that managed to be uploaded through the crashlogging tool?