• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Man, you all don't see the main mistake: everything is fine until you get Vader and Palpatine together on that Death Star. Together with the presence of Luke Skywalker, this triggers the 'Vader becomes Anakin again and kills the Emperor' event, which of course costs you two leaders and is the only way the Rebels could sink your fleet. ;)

An important thing to avoid, IMHO, is annexing Bespin, because it gives the Republic the Lando Calrissian historical leader (6/6/3). I bet you'll find he was leading the Rebels in their assault on the Death Star. Tsk, tsk.

Yeah, but if you don't annex Bespin you'll miss out on the 'Solo takes a snooze' event. Carbonite prices will plummet (wich will affect your Trade income) and the rebel leaders who all take a sabbatical from the game for a year or so to go find him will instead be available to lead an much earlier attack on the Endor system before the 'Deathstar II Shields Are Up' event kicks in.

So, it's a toss-up - Calrissian to lead an attack on Endor with a lvl 25 fortress in place, or risk losing the DS altogether. I know which I'd choose...

No offense, Ariel, but I'd like to see the screenie where you release Calrissian and DON'T lose the DS II. Cause that would be the game to end all games...

Originally posted by Peter Ebbesen

Let the power of the Force guide you.
Force? But the Force and I aren't speaking. I called it a bad name and now it refuses to return my calls. Seems that calling the Force the Farce doesn't sit well with it. Ah well, now if only I could find this ruddy scenario, then all would be good in the world, and I would show the Force wot's wot.

So? I checked the scenario forum, nothing there, did a search for Empire, nothing there. Is it even an EU thing? Or something else all together done by Paradox?

I am at my wit's end(it wasn't a long trip) looking for this thing. Then I'll show how to do a proper Empire AAR(heck, if I had not overworked myself with trying to do Episode V, I would have all the Episdoes done and have left Bob Death! alone :eek:

Originally posted by Honour_Shogun
So? I checked the scenario forum, nothing there, did a search for Empire, nothing there. Is it even an EU thing? Or something else all together done by Paradox?

Okay, son. Your mother and I had a talk and we decided to tell you the truth.

THERE IS NO STAR WARS MOD. I made it up. I made it all up. It's a big, fat, extremely hilarious lie.

Really and for true? I guess I should feel stupd or embarrassed, but nope, not me. Not possible.

So everyone knew this was a joke? Oh, okay.

H_S - if your wit was any drier you'd have to race camels on it :D

Originally posted by Ariel
H_S - if your wit was any drier you'd have to race camels on it :D

Dry? I always thought my wit was a big slobbering newfoundland dog that drools over everything so that you slip on its drool, falling on your bottom, with hilarious results?

Oh well, pity that this mod does not exist. Would make for an excellent bit of fun...:D

Originally posted by Prufrock451

THERE IS NO STAR WARS MOD. I made it up. I made it all up. It's a big, fat, extremely hilarious lie.

Yeah - so if you were taken in by it, and it was pretty clever, then I guess the Farce was with you.

Or in this case, maybe the FAARce.

Considering the event information here and the coding skills and knowledges of Prufrock451 there soon will be though :p

Now if we only could finish coding the stellar-map-replica so we won't have to play on Battlefield:Earth all the time, it detracts some from the fun. :D

Now THIS is an AAR with some style.

Of course, you really should have bribed the Hutts into an alliance instead of just cold neutrality.

I cheated and looked at the events, and if the Hutts and the Empire are allied, the "Solo takes a snooze" event triggers "Vader helps Jabba with his Rancor" instead of "Jabba gets fed to the sarlacc" event.

Honestly, the game is a LOT more fun for the Empire if things don't blow up with the Collapse event.

Duuk

lsvader.gif

The only thing I never managed to avoid playing the Rebels is "Princess Leia get captured" at the very beginning of the "Episode III" scenario.

You begin at war as soon as you load the game, and your leader "Pricess Laia" (3,2,1) is already fighting and surrounded by Darth Vader !

Cat

OOC: I never read that thread before and couldn't resist bringing it up again
rofl.gif

Prufrock451, this was a wonderful read for a nerd such as I. :D

Jun 15,152: I get hit by a rebellion in Alderaan province, and I move the Death Star back. I assault the province (minimal fortifications) and turn it into PTI. Crap- there goes my BB rating…

I loved that one. :D :p

May 15,155: Meteor sighted.

This passage was extremely witty! :D

EDIT: Oh my, it's almost a year since the last post in this thread...