• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Thaumics

EU4 can die in hell.
44 Badges
Aug 17, 2019
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
We really need a spy tab in the outliner. This will help with the usage of this feature from nemesis because half the time I have no clue when my spies are doing operations, or how far in they are. I really feel like the spy-network is underutilized because quite a few players forget to check on their spy's. Let us see if they are idle / currently on a mission, spy network strength, and relative encryption.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I believe it would be possible to borrow UI from Situations to display espionage operations progress. If not that then there are plenty other existing ways in outliner that could be used to display your spy networks on it like MegaCorp branch offices and their building progress.

Not sure if I would ever check on this outliner tab TBH. Can run operations then give it some time to regenerate the infiltration l, and next think about it in 50 years. The Passive Intel is also just so strong that running Operations isn't really neccesary, with the best one giving tech. Espionage needs a lot of work, if not a complete overhaul, and remembering to do the next operation is only a small part of it.

Imo rather than an outliner I would like to see the ability to tag an operation as a wishlist thing, when it's possible to execute the operation you get a Notification pop-up, that will allow you to execute it. When an Operation Completes it will allow you to immediately repeat the operation or stick it back in the wishlist.

Not sure if I would ever check on this outliner tab TBH. Can run operations then give it some time to regenerate the infiltration l, and next think about it in 50 years. The Passive Intel is also just so strong that running Operations isn't really neccesary...
Idk what to tell you. Early game managing 4 spy networks is A LOT of clicking that could be just chucked as an option on the outliner and if you want to have any decent intel early on you need to run asset operations. Keeping those as they get ready will help a lot.
And if there is a major espionage rework all the more reason to add that part to the outliner.

Idk what to tell you. Early game managing 4 spy networks is A LOT of clicking that could be just chucked as an option on the outliner and if you want to have any decent intel early on you need to run asset operations. Keeping those as they get ready will help a lot.
And if there is a major espionage rework all the more reason to add that part to the outliner.
So why would I be looking at my espionage Outliner instead of my fleets or planets that are far more important, especially in the early game. I don't disagree with having espionage in the Outliner, I just don't think it'll be all that effective because there are already important features showed by my outliner that are far more important to being able to defeat a rival, then just espionage which in most cases will passively show me the comparison without me doing anything, in fact that's better because aquiring the asset will cost the infiltration level needed to gain that Intel. The only time I need more than passive espionage to get that intel is Gestalts, and then getting assets is important.

So why would I be looking at my espionage Outliner instead of my fleets or planets that are far more important, especially in the early game. I don't disagree with having espionage in the Outliner, I just don't think it'll be all that effective because there are already important features showed by my outliner that are far more important to being able to defeat a rival, then just espionage which in most cases will passively show me the comparison without me doing anything, in fact that's better because aquiring the asset will cost the infiltration level needed to gain that Intel. The only time I need more than passive espionage to get that intel is Gestalts, and then getting assets is important.
Personally I think that espionage tab would belong in the political tab of the outliner. IIRC it starts with just showing your factions so having your spy networks there would be beneficial and it would not clutter your main outliner where you keep fleets and planets and other important stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Personally I think that espionage tab would belong in the political tab of the outliner. IIRC it starts with just showing your factions so having your spy networks there would be beneficial and it would not clutter your main outliner where you keep fleets and planets and other important stuff.
I don't generally pay a lot of attention to the political tab either, factions you deal with once, set your policies to appease them and generally ignore the rest of the time. I could add more about why that tab isn't meaningful, but that's a topic for a different post. Could see adding to that tab Envoys more broadly, and general diplomacy for subjects and fed partners.

Reactions:
This would be great.

Some games I'd never touch that tab, other games I'd be there regularly.

I really like this idea of sectioning off mechanical information for optional playstyles.

the whole system is getting a rework i believe.. having to open the diplomacy tab and click on espionage isnt very good and then when u are on them it just shows there badge.. so its hard too tell who is who.. its really poorly designed UI wise.. and ofc there is only 3 useful operations i ever use..
- gather info = decent use of influence if u full on it i guess and low intel on them
- acquire asset = so u can improve operation success chance
- steal tech = honestly the main reason too use the whole clunky system.. research boost and stealing techs is very useful to get

• 1Like
Reactions:

Well, since the Outliner is going to be modifiable, different things can be put there depending on your needs. Right now it's at least three clicks to get to a progress report on your missions, and it takes up most of the screen so you can't follow anything else. It's incredibly annoying to handle.

Well, since the Outliner is going to be modifiable, different things can be put there depending on your needs. Right now it's at least three clicks to get to a progress report on your missions, and it takes up most of the screen so you can't follow anything else. It's incredibly annoying to handle.
Yeah doesn't exactly refute anything I said, I also agreed to the Outliner (and expanded on it to be all envoys), I just don't Think the Outliner is enough to make it meaningful, or will increase my Ability to remember it, for that I really need a Notification.