• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jusuff

Sergeant
80 Badges
Feb 3, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
As revolutionary France I declared war on Kelentan using "Spread the Revolution" CB. After some time I checked what can I get from peace deal. And it looks I cannot get that much...

I cannot demand any province without demanding Spread the revolution...
20220503204658_1.jpg

... and I cannot demand "Spread the Revolution" because occupying Kelentian provinces already spread revolution there.

20220503204651_1.jpg

By the way - the change for this CB has really made the revolutionary path pointless. Yes, that CB was overpowered, but the nerf was way too deep.

• 5Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
It's changes like this that in my opinion serve as evidence that the game designers working on titles like EU4 and Stellaris don't actually play their own games...

At all.

Ever.

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Yeah this is the current design and it’s bad. If you don’t care about getting achievements in that game, it is really easy to mod out (find the line in the CB file where it says something like “required peace option = spread_revolution” and remove it.

Reactions:
Have any devs commented on this? Did they intend that revolutionary countries basically can't conquer large amounts of provinces anymore? Or was it collateral damage from the change to subjugation-type CBs (which I generally agree with)?

When they made CB's require their main purpose to take land, they forgot that the "Spread the Revolution" CB is not actually designed to be about spreading the revolution at all, but to be an all purpose CB for revolutionary nations. Revolutionary countries lose their other CB's, so there is 0 doubt about it.

• 3Like
Reactions:
When they made CB's require their main purpose to take land, they forgot that the "Spread the Revolution" CB is not actually designed to be about spreading the revolution at all, but to be an all purpose CB for revolutionary nations. Revolutionary countries lose their other CB's, so there is 0 doubt about it.

Which makes it completely pointless I had to do claims because I wasn't the rev leader. Because I was locked out of the exclusive CB

Why do i even have this CB if im revolutionary BUT im not a revolution leader? I cant do anything with that CB during peace deal, because i cant even chose it in peace deal... Can someone explain then whats the point of this? Just to release countries?

If only there was a mechanic of some kind that allowed the player to stray from the original casus belli... some way for them to make the conscious decision to add demands to the peace deal that weren't justified by it...

• 4Haha
Reactions:
If only there was a mechanic of some kind that allowed the player to stray from the original casus belli... some way for them to make the conscious decision to add demands to the peace deal that weren't justified by it...
Taking provinces with Spread the Revolution CB without spreading the revolution isn't an unjustified demand, it's not possible at all.

I guess revolutionary countries can play a game where they can only no-cb war or conquest war, fabricating one claim on a country and taking the rest as unjustified demands, but that sounds like something probably unintended, and definitely a good reason not to go revolutionary.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Taking provinces with Spread the Revolution CB without spreading the revolution isn't an unjustified demand, it's not possible at all.

I guess revolutionary countries can play a game where they can only no-cb war or conquest war, fabricating one claim on a country and taking the rest as unjustified demands, but that sounds like something probably unintended, and definitely a good reason not to go revolutionary.
.-.

That was my point. There already was a mechanic in-game to discourage players from doing stuff not included in the CB - Unjustified Demands. Granted, the Spread the Revolution CB is a bad example because it does include taking provinces as part of the wargoal, but Subjugation and Restoration of Union CBs do not, which makes this change really annoying. There was already a penalty to taking unjustified demands, why make it even more convoluted?

Reactions:
.-.

That was my point. There already was a mechanic in-game to discourage players from doing stuff not included in the CB - Unjustified Demands. Granted, the Spread the Revolution CB is a bad example because it does include taking provinces as part of the wargoal, but Subjugation and Restoration of Union CBs do not, which makes this change really annoying. There was already a penalty to taking unjustified demands, why make it even more convoluted?
Ah, fair, I misinterpreted your previous post.

And, I think the devs were annoyed by players using Subjugation/Flower Wars/Restoration of Union/etc. CBs as free go-in-and-take-as-many-provinces CBs, just paying the dip cost. And, as I think I mentioned previously, I like this change for everything (that I'm aware of) except Spread the Revolution. Want to vassalize someone and take that one province with a monument you really want? Use a Subjugation CB. Want to just take provinces? Fabricate conquest on one and take the rest as unjustified.

But Spread the Revolution was supposed to be revolutionary Imperialism with a side option to Spread the Revolution. But I've already said all those arguments.

Reactions:
Ah, fair, I misinterpreted your previous post.

And, I think the devs were annoyed by players using Subjugation/Flower Wars/Restoration of Union/etc. CBs as free go-in-and-take-as-many-provinces CBs, just paying the dip cost. And, as I think I mentioned previously, I like this change for everything (that I'm aware of) except Spread the Revolution. Want to vassalize someone and take that one province with a monument you really want? Use a Subjugation CB. Want to just take provinces? Fabricate conquest on one and take the rest as unjustified.

But Spread the Revolution was supposed to be revolutionary Imperialism with a side option to Spread the Revolution. But I've already said all those arguments.
I have never declared a Subjugation war just to take provinces. That seems like a very strange thing to do considering the fact that justifying a claim takes no time at all and nets you a lesser penalty in the peace deal; how much of a hurry do you have to be in to both have a Subjugation CB on hand and need to use it right this second to take land? A Subjugation CB is granted only by missions, non-generic country events, and estate agendas.

Reactions: